Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Looking for an artist...kinda thing

Zenstrive
Zenstrive
Posted at

Well, when talking about making comics, I have lots of stories on my head but my real life job (*shiver*) has taken the majority of my time and energy. I have been making this comic but as you can see, the art leaves something to be desired, mainly tidiness and anatomies and such.

Well, with this journal entry, I am officially looking for an artist who can:

1. Draw action scenes
2. Draw characters with consistencies.
3. A plus if able to draw backgrounds.
4. A real plus if able to draw MECHAS consistently. Mechas design can be mine or artist's.
3. Lives in Indonesia (sorry folks, this is not discriminacy, but simply to make logistics and coordinations simple )
4. Can draw at least 60 pages of pencil arts in a month. Ink and digital manipulations will be my problems.
5. Able to work for 180 pages for 3 consecutive months.
6. Will be paid professionally (depending on your performance).
7. The comic will be submitted to indonesian major publishers and hopefully will be published to make money so that we can make more comics. Temporarily done pages will be made into webcomics first to be displayed at drunkduck and deviantart.
8. Interested artist that feels qualified, please send me quacks, I'll give you further explanations

So, send those quacks and lets see where this will lead :)

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Sixty pages of pencils in a month?? Unless the zombie of Jack "The King" Kirby has a sudden need to grant wishes online, that is seriously not going to happen. Thirty pages is a healthy amount to ask for, 20 much better for an amateur work like this. Maybe you can pick up the pace when/if it gets picked up by a publisher, but trust me when I say if you're looking for 60 pages a month, none of those are going to be of a quality that's going to get any publishers interested in it.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Can draw at least 60 pages of pencil arts in a month.
Good lord, that's something like 2 pages a day.
Do you want to kill your artist?

Anyway, i looked at your comic and it's not THAT bad. I think it looks pretty good.

Posted at

this is freaking hilarious

even if you paid me enough to draw full time this would be 60-70 hour weeks, easy.

Posted at

Yeah, your comic is actually pretty good! I don't understand why you need an artist.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Well, moreso than the art, I believe his problem is also a lack of free time to spend drawing.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I tell ya what, if you are able to get me 200 US dollars a week, I'll take the job. Any less than that and you can go fuck yourself.

Knuckles
Knuckles
Posted at

Indeed. I do hope you intend to pay someone a decent amount for doing something like this. There's no way anyone would do 60 pages a month for free.

edit: and I don't know how many people here on DD live in Indonesia, so that may limit your choices even further.

Posted at

I tell ya what, if you are able to get me 200 US dollars a week, I'll take the job. Any less than that and you can go fuck yourself.
LOL. I love the subtleties and art of negotiation in this place.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

LOL. I love the subtleties and art of negotiation in this place.

I know. It's great isn't it?

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

I think professional artists can squeeze out something like 20-25 pages in a month. But even that is a bit too much.

I read in an interview that at some time comic artist Lee Sullivan was forced to make 30 pages a month and it was according to him a terrible time.

You could probably get a couple of monkeys to draw 60 pages a month, but if you want humans to do it and you want any kind of quality, i'd say you need to lower your demands.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.