Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

'Ello therre

Frae
Frae
Posted at

Hi. I'm jeff AKA Frae. I've been a member for like 3 years, but I'm always taking comics off and putting them up. This time, I think I'm not taking anything down again. Please message me sometimes even if you're not a fan of my work. I enjoy meeting and chatting with people. :)

Posted at

Hi, Frae! I'm Renga Studio! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your previous comics. :( You know, I remember when I deleted my first comic as a new user on DD, because I wasn't quite satisfied with it. After I decided to quit being a cartoonist here, a new user and friend named LoveandGuns (who is also my very special and once only fan) encouraged me to not give up. Because of her encouragement, I'm almost on page 30 of my experimental comic! Thank you again, Gunny; you're the best! ;) Well, Frae, I hope that your new comic will be a success this time! And I hope that you'll get that one special fan that'll inspire you to do your best no matter what! Good luck, Frae, and have fun! :)

Also, weather machines!

Posted at

Another person I can't say welcome to, since you've been here even longer than myself. Oh well. Welcome to the forums, hope your next comic works out, and please remember to tip your cow.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Glad you made it to our fantastic forum world - you should hang out with us. We're so cool. And good luck on your comic ventures - I leave all my cringe-worthy older comics up because they remind me of how far I've come artistically.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You Like a Cold Hot Cola?

Posted at

Oh hey, I remember you!

Welcome to the forums. Or back. Whichever is relevant.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Read upside down, its better for you health.

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Stop trying to brainwash them, ninny, at least wait for them to get settled D:!

and um welcome :D

Posted at

Thanks for the very kind words, Renga.

Personally, I think it can be hard to keep some comics you make because you lose interest or find it too difficult to keep up weekly/monthly/daily updates in order to please your fans (or yourself for that matter). Yet you shouldn't give up unless you feel like you aren't connected to the story or characters well enough to really feel anything towards your piece.

Just don't create your comic for the wrong reasons to you (may that be pageviews or something that'll only bring yourself into a load of stress). I only know one person who finds making a comic for the popularity value and enjoy checking her pageviews daily. xD She knows who she is.

Also, just know that even if you only have ONE fan know that they're always going to be around to read each page you draw. :D

I'm glad you've decided not to take anymore down, though.

Posted at

Thanks for the very kind words, Renga.

Personally, I think it can be hard to keep some comics you make because you lose interest or find it too difficult to keep up weekly/monthly/daily updates in order to please your fans (or yourself for that matter). Yet you shouldn't give up unless you feel like you aren't connected to the story or characters well enough to really feel anything towards your piece.

Just don't create your comic for the wrong reasons to you (may that be pageviews or something that'll only bring yourself into a load of stress). I only know one person who finds making a comic for the popularity value and enjoy checking her pageviews daily. xD She knows who she is.

Also, just know that even if you only have ONE fan know that they're always going to be around to read each page you draw. :D

I'm glad you've decided not to take anymore down, though.

:cry:

I'm sorry, Frae; it's just that I've got something in my eye, that's all…

(Renga blows his nose.)

deepcheese
deepcheese
Posted at

I second what LoveandGuns said-
Make something that you love making, and the fans will come.
Of course, if you lose intrest in the story, and you're sure that the intrest isn't coming back, you shouldn't feel oblidged to continue the comic- which is really a contiuation of the last point, do what you love.
If you do lose interest- you might just have a short attention span, and can only focus on a project for a certain amout of time, then maybe you could make a comic that is sort of like a collection of short stories- that way you can have a long, continuous comic, but you can change the plot and setting as much as you want!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.