Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

'Relik' Needs an Artist!

Posted at

'Relik' is the continuing adventures of the titular superhero first seen in the five-issue arc 'Retake' (http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake), which will take Relik to astounding new heights, and reveal confounding truths!

Old characters and new will appear, including villains spawned by the ominous 'Release Order' by Ranos Incorporated. How will our new hero handle the sudden flux of superpowers hellbent on destruction and mayhem? Only time will tell… as events slowly unfold in the shadows that will change the world forever!

Yes, that sounded less like your average 'looking for artist' pitch than most, but then again I have the advantage of already having a comic to build up from. So! If you've read 'Retake' and you like what you see please, let me know if you're interested in becoming the new artist of 'Relik'! I have four issues written, and ready to roll!

Like 'Retake', this comic will be solely online on DD for now, but with high possibilities for print and publication as the issues progress. If you want to make some money, all you have to do is know how to convert an issue to PDF, discuss things with me, and then upload it to any one of dozens of online publishing houses (lulu, indyplanet, etc.). So, in a way, this project is ideal for anyone - those looking for paid work (although not THAT paid), or free with chances of a bonus!

Dave

Posted at

Anyone? I'm making quite a few deals with local stores (there's even discussion of seeing if Forbidden Planet will sell the printed format), and doing a lot of online advertising and merchandising, so if money is a clincher it may not be front-end/upfront, but there WILL be cash soon after the comic gets going.

Otherwise, this would be the perfect opportunity to build-up your artist portfolios when applying for more professional gigs. Either way, it's win-win! :D

Posted at

Like I said before, I am interested and would like to draw this, it's just depending on how busy I'll be. I'll let you know slightly later.
(will we have to colour this and letter it ourselves?)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.