Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Hello again everyone!

The voice portion of the 2011 Drunk Duck Radioplay can be found here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/164145/
Submissions are now closed but I encourage you all to go listen to contestants and cast a vote!

The radioplay will begin recording in July and will debut in the Quackcast sometime this fall.
Did you miss the voice entries? Were you too late to send in a script submission? Or perhaps you couldn't send in a submission for other reasons (no microphone?). Well never fear! We still have need of your artistic talents!

The Radioplay producers are putting out the call for artwork that can accompany the script. The script in it's entirety is found here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/2011_Drunk_Duck_Voice_Contest_Radio_Play/5335902/

RULES:

1. Please limit yourself to one page of the script as it is written. This does not mean that you may not illustrate more than one comic page. For example: Suppose you choose to create artwork for page 10. Your rendering of the conversation on that page may fill up three full comic pages. This is ok!
However, there are only 16 pages of script and we would like to give the chance to participate to as many artists as possible.

2. Do not alter the script dialog. You can certainly draw extra action sequences (it is a radio play so the action has been left almost entirely to the imagination). However, the dialog must match the radio script. This is so that anyone who is listening to the play when it debuts can follow along by reading the comic.

3. The deadline for artwork submissions is July 25th. If you need an extension, please PQ ayesinback or myself.

4. When your artwork is completed, post the link to it in this thread. They will be gathered and placed in correct order in the Radio Play Comic:
http://www.drunkduck.com/2011_Drunk_Duck_Voice_Contest_Radio_Play/

Also! If you don't want to draw a comic page, any fanart related to the project is greatly appreciated! We are especially hoping that someone will be able to turn in a mock up movie poster. SO! If you have any artwork related to the project, go ahead and post a link to it here as well and we will include it all.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. A giant thanks to everyone participating!
Pages taken:
1. Luminous – received 
2. Genejoke  - received
3. Snevilly 
4. pokketmonstahuntah - received 
5. NickyP - received 
6. Bravo1102 - received 
7. Sarge – received 
8. Hacker – received 
9. MVP - received 
10. gene hole - received 
11. Banes - received 
12. rokulily 
13. PIT_FACE 
14. RPGgrenade 
15. usedbooks  - received
16. Kroatz 

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

Sure is quiet in here..

C'mon guys! Join up and make some art for the Radio Play!

… Or maybe they are, and they're too busy to be posting?

Luminous
Luminous
Posted at

Hmm, this might be fun. I'll volunteer to draw page 1 :)

EDIT - Oh, also, is there a character reference sheet somewhere I should look at? Or is it just an "each person does their own thing" kind of project, without set designs?

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

This project is entirely free to artistic interpretation! I think it will be interesting to see different artists takes on the different characters.

Snevilly
Snevilly
Posted at

I had a hard time choosing just one….:) I'll go with page 3 please.

Posted at

I will take page 4, =)

Which size for each page are we taking? A4?

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Pages can be any length and size, however, if they are too large of a file we reserve the right to resize it to make it more reasonable.

You are not limited to a certain media, or number of panels.

The contest is very open ended! We only ask that you keep dialog exactly the same. Thanks for signing up you guys! If there isn't more interest as the deadline approaches we might consider allowing several pages to any artists that wanted them.

Posted at

I predict every detective or whatever character will look extremely different, depending on the artist…

One detective will be fat, one will be small, etc.

Shouldn't the image match? Or at least match the feeling the artist gets from the voice?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I predict every detective or whatever character will look extremely different, depending on the artist…

One detective will be fat, one will be small, etc.

Shouldn't the image match? Or at least match the feeling the artist gets from the voice?
nah

If everyone can comply with using only the script as dialogue, we can have a lot of fun with seeing how the images can be vastly different – it's the script that will be the glue.

Of course now I will have furries and sprites haunting my dreams . . .

edit—

on second thought, if people want to wait about two weeks before drawing, they could model their characters after the people who will have won the voice try-outs (see Radio Play Talents)

pieguy should make for an interesting model . . .

Posted at

I'll do page 6!

This is going to be heaps of fun! >:)

Posted at

on second thought, if people want to wait about two weeks before drawing, they could model their characters after the people who will have won the voice try-outs (see Radio Play Talents)

pieguy should make for an interesting model . . .
It's all up to you.
Just tell us what you expect us to do. I'm just here for the fun of it anyway, so I don't mind a few guidelines. =)

EDIT: Just a heads-up for those with pages 5 through 9. In page 4 Maxwell calls a number and in page 9 enters something in his GPS. I'm assuming he's having the conversation with the answering machine (which made me lol) in the car? Non?

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

I'm seriously glad the script made you laugh! :) I was so afraid no one was going to enjoy my sense of humor. *is known for being a bit too dorky sometimes*

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

@DeputyCzarina-

This pokketmonstahhuntah apparently needs rules. And I believe in your power to create rules for him. suggestions:

limited to using only 3 colors, no more, no fewer
must draw in straight lines only - no curves allowed.
must incorporate a narwhale while sticking to the script dialogue.

but these are only suggestions. what you dictate will apply

Posted at

@DeputyCzarina-

This pokketmonstahhuntah apparently needs rules. And I believe in your power to create rules for him. suggestions:

limited to using only 3 colors, no more, no fewer
must draw in straight lines only - no curves allowed.
must incorporate a narwhale while sticking to the script dialogue.

Actually, I was shooting for unity in design… not technical rules ;)

Whatever, I'll shut up. I've finished sketching the pages already anyway.

Snevilly
Snevilly
Posted at

If we need to wait two weeks I won't be able to do my page. Mandatory family reunion. :) I believe we will disappear to the forest for a week or more, lol.

gene hole
gene hole
Posted at

dibs on page 10!
-Gene

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

If we need to wait two weeks
nah nah nah.

none of that. straight out.

pokketmonstahhuntah's uberly Conscientious streak appears to be adequately squashed (it has been squashed, has it not, Mr pokketmonstahhuntah?)

Do it. Do eet now. or soon. AND VOTE!!!!!

all of you: VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at

pokketmonstahhuntah's uberly Conscientious streak appears to be adequately squashed (it has been squashed, has it not, Mr pokketmonstahhuntah?)
My client has the right to remain silent.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I just want to throw something out there for fellow script artists…

When I did page 5 of the script, the page number I referred to is NOT the number on the actual script page.

This is the page of the script I did.

You'll notice the page number on the physical script itself is 7. However, our Czarina titled it page 5 in the comic (because she naturally didn't count the title and cover pages). So when I say I did page 5, I am referring to ayesinback's numbering.

That is all.

P.S.: GO VOTE!

Luminous
Luminous
Posted at

I spread page 1 of the script over two comic pages, and I actually had them done yesterday, but the site was down. :(
Page 1
Page 2

Posted at

Been having some trouble logging in.
My page will be divided in 2 pages. The first one is finished, working on the second one.
Hopefully will be finished tomorrow.
Good night all!
Glad to be back!

gene hole
gene hole
Posted at

I have page 10 broken into 2 pages as well… I've got 1 done, and am working furiously to finish the 2nd.  :-)

Posted at

Okay, page 4 is done.
It's split in 2 parts, and I will post links to both of them here.
Now, I'm on a holiday so my internet-connection is at a bare minimum right now. I hope my pages will please y'all. Instead of asking my usual artist to draw for me, I made the pages by myself, from scratch to finish. This may not be spectacular for some of you, but I learned a lot from this project.
I hope all of you will enjoy my work. If there's a lot of positive respons, I might consider making a comic by myself, apart from the comic made by my regular artist.
Page 4 part 1:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Image_Dump/5345272/
Page 4 part 2:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Image_Dump/5345273/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.