Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hey guys,
Just wanted to start a forum thread for anyone to give a shout out if you're doing it. If you ARE participating, or just hanging out even, hop on UStream.com and we'll see if you get you in. info is below!

We love three things.

Comics, comic creators, and staying UP ALL NIGHT!

So, check out WeVolt.com's around the clock LIVE coverage of 24 Hour Comics Day at Pulp Fiction Comics in Long Beach, Ca.

www.ustream.com/wowio

Coverage starts @ 12pm (PST) this Saturday ending @ 12pm (PST) Sunday.

Swing by for LIVE updates from participating comic shops all around the country as well as plenty of comic goodness, comedy, nerdness, and random super hero drop ins.

This is going to be a truly interactive event, so please hang out!

Check out Wevolt.com, DrunkDuck.com, and Wowio.com for exclusive content and updates.

Big thanks to Comicspro.org for powering this wonderful event!

Please… remember to follow us @ Twitter
@wevoltonline
@drunkduck
@wowio

What: WeVolt.com's around the clock LIVE streaming coverage of 24 Hour Comics Day

Where: Pulp Fiction Comics - 1742 Clark Ave Long Beach, CA 90815 (562) 986-4154

When: October 2nd-3rd, 2010

Start Time: 12pm (PST) Saturday

End Time: 12pm (PST) Sunday

Streaming LIVE at: www.ustream.com/wowio

More Info:
On 24hr Comic Book Day, artists get together and attempt to complete a 24 page comic in…you guessed it…24 hours! This local event is hosted by James Riot and will take place at Pulp Fiction (Long Beach's ONLY good comic shop) and is sponsored by Wevolt.com! Come try your artistic and storytelling skills! Anyone who completes the 24hr story will be invited to have their comics in a special publication with all proceeds going to the Hero Initiative! This event will be filmed and streamed live by Wevolt.com! So have your game faces on, people!

Added bonus! We'll be linking up via satellite (internet, really…satellite just sounds cooler) with Barry Linck at the Pittsburg Toonseum while they do their 24hr comic challenge! Coast to Coast 24hr comicking, people!

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

I'll try to do it if I remember.

Posted at

I also made a thread about participation in 24-Hour Comic Day yesterday, so I guess we have the 'threads about 24-hour comic day' pretty well covered! But I guess I should have put it in General instead of Comic Discussion so more people could see it, but w/e Now we have full coverage so NO EXCUSES PEOPLE

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm gonna do it. trying to prepare at the moment, so I can have as near to a clear day doing it. Which won't happen as I have kids, but I shall do it as best I can.
Regardless of whether I manage to do it all in 24 hours or not I will complete it and post it here somewhere.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i'm gonna do this thing…

Posted at

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I'm going to try to do SOMEthing, although I can't devote more than a couple hours to it (lots of committments this week and next). Just to be part of the fun. :]

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

If I lose my job tomorrow and my wife leaves me taking the kids with her, you can count me in.

DreamGazer
DreamGazer
Posted at

I'm in!
I managed to do it in 2008 and I'm trying again this year. Though I won't be able to film anything.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Well I'm starting now at 12:AM on Oct 2nd and I'll end at 12: AM at Oct 3rd.

Posted at

Just drew the comic for the first hour. Only 23 to go.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

I've got 4 hours worth of journals done.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Well I got off to a fait start but it is becoming increasingly obvious that i am not going to be able to spend 24 straight doing it. Damn having children…

Regardless I am going to do it, and finish the comic. I might just fail to do it in 24 hours. still going to give it a good shot. I started at 8 am (doing it on my own 24 hours) and hope to finish by 8am sunday.

It is an entry for my comic, Malefic tales and is called "The improbable story of John Cooper."

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The Comic book 24 hour thing starts over there in 6 hours from now
You'll be able to watch a live stream here: http://www.ustream.tv/wowio

and log in to chat with people there. ^__^

Posted at

I think instead of doing comic stuff I will spend what time I have just trying to draw things I already know I want to draw. :] Because at least I'll be doing art which is good enough for me really! I can't really start for another hour and a half though (although I did do some sketching while watching tv earlier)

Posted at

Hey guys! Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if we should pool all the comics that the drunk duck community makes today into a giant 24 hour comic day comic.

It could be an annual thing too, where we make a new comic every year.

So naturally, the one who volunteers to host that comic would have to do some work, where everyone sends him all the stuff they made where he then organizes them.

The comic should have clear chapter link for every single artist and a special recognition is given to those who managed to fulfill the 24 page quota. Maybe even give them a "I survived the 24 hour comic day in 2010" badge that they're allowed to post in their signature which would link to their part of the comic.

That comic could also then be heavily advertised in the following news post for everyone to see.

Now I assume that the admins might like to host this comic themselves, since this seems to fall under their authority but I am more then happy to be the assistant if you think you need the extra help.

So what do you guys say? Interested in forming "The Drunk Duck 2010 (or DD10) - 24 Hour Comic Day" comic?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I was thinking of something like this too but it is a matter of who will organise it etc but if someone steps up I will send them my pages when I finish.

I am 8 hours into mine and have pencilled 9 pages and inked four of those, and that is with taking a few hours out as too visit my mother and do stuff with the kids, probably 4-5 hours of comicking so far.

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Well, I ended up falling asleep when watching Tosh.0 at 4 AM. So I lost the challenge.

Posted at

I was thinking of something like this too but it is a matter of who will organise it etc but if someone steps up I will send them my pages when I finish.
Well, I'm sorta stepping up but I kinda want this to be an official Drunk Duck thing.

Therefore I think that it's more fitting that the admins run it or at very least give the person who runs it their blessings.

Posted at

I am giving up and going to bed. Think I'll try again next year and start at a time when I'm not already dead tired.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well, I'm sorta stepping up but I kinda want this to be an official Drunk Duck thing.

Therefore I think that it's more fitting that the admins run it or at very least give the person who runs it their blessings.
You're a mod now. You're a nice official DD person. You have all my blessings!!! ^_^

Posted at

All righty then.

I guess I shall be the official drunk duck 24 hour comic collector.

Anyone participating and wish to promote their work can send me a link of all your pages and I'll put them up together.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.