Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I had this idea a while ago, and I'm still intrigued to at least give it a try. I propose a comic that follows users as characters in Drunkduck University - a fictional Uni which anyone can make at least an appearance in. I would divide it into faculties, which would then be listed in this forum and also on the comic page - each one would have students and professors, with anyone who wants to draw either a page or arc, (up to them and how much free time they have), contributing characters, jokes or possible stories. For my own part I would focus on my comic book persona - basically myself, in the Faculty of Arts, studying Film. As such, my stories would generally parody movies I have seen, and sometimes TV shows too. For example I have a whole storyline planned out for a Dawn of the Dead parody taking place in this University setting, and I also had a Star Wars send-up readied but decided it was too easy a target. Like I said in my very ramble-y way, anyone is free to join whether it be to draw or write or even just come up with ideas. Post if you're interested!

P.S. At the moment I'm just laying groundwork for this, and I won't be able to do any actual comic-ing until after June. If the initial story arc is decided and characters are ready before then, I'll accept any contributions of pages, but after June I will personally join in - Just so ya don't think that this isn't going to happen.
However, I have created the comic itself, and I will create a forum for it on its own, so that stuff can be discussed there properly. I have decided to go with the name of Drunkduck University - DDU. Unless there are any objections I need to overrule?
Character submissions should be sent to: Drunkduckuni@gmail.com

The List of interested peopleses: (I will need to hear from you all again if you're still interested.)

1. Commander_Chaos Character profile received
2. finalfantasyfreak_07
3. marine
4. Tommie Kelly ( writing)
5. mechanical_lullaby
6. josif
7. Priest_Revan
8. TheSwordUpsilon (Ideas + Cameo)Character profile received
9. Avalon comics (Provider of beer + contributor)
10. Zenstrive (Ladies room janitor)
11. TheTopHat (Art student with blowtorch + artist)
12. PhantomPenguin
13. Lace
14. KazeFire
15. EvilJared
16. strong414bad (Hobo masquerading as student - XD)Character profile received
17. Matteblack (writer)
18. Emotional ("Gangsta" artist)
19. Conned Character profile received
20. My Lady of Sorrow
21. Ultimate_Chaos
22. Pillinjer (British and proud - with good reason, we Brits are awesome!)Character profile received
23. Black_Emerald (Also British) (And my very good friend)
24. Mr Chappers Character profile received
25. chee2424
26. Nergal (Art professor who gets fired, and hangs around campus all creepy like) Character profile received
27. Azaeziel (Computer/Science/Maths Nerd)Character profile received
28. Evil_Snuffkin (Character with demonic abilities) (artist)Character profile received
29. Top Hat ("ideas, cameos, stories, jokes, heck pretty much anything you'd need.")
30. D0m
31. Psychobabble (art n writing)Character profile received
32. Glarg (Art + Character) Character profile received
33. Flamen Tenenbaum
34. Jules
35. Reashi
36. Ocka
37. DarthJJB
38. Insanelysane
39. Hat

Spaces left:11 Though that's only if these people are still interested.

[EDIT 6th May 2008] - Like Futurama, It just won't stay dead! I am officially resurrecting this project to begin in July.

Enrollment period is now till Monday 30th June. Anthro characters are fine. Any and all submissions MUST have a bio and a design for your character(s), including what subject they study at DD Uni. Also, any sports they play. I should have a map of the campus prepared in the next 2-3 weeks so that people know where stuff happens.

A very important rule is that anyone who submits a character or group must either draw a minimum of 2 pages or write a story of 4 pages minimum. This is just to make sure that we don't get hundreds of people going "I cAn Ha5 KaRaeCtor?lolololol!!1!"
Because I hate people like that.

If participation dies like it did before the project even started last time then I will declare this community comic dead for good.
Hoping to see your entries soon.
And yes, I myself will be submitting characters, pages and stories.

PS. Regarding stories, they can be anything from single page jokes to arcs which parody movies. My first arc will parody Dawn of the Dead occuring on the DDU campus. Stay tuned for that.

Oh, and if you want to see 3 of the characters I'll be submitting, go check my comic Dubious Mental Stability. All 3 are film students, and they are in fact me and my two friends!

Check back every day, and spread the word!
Peace out.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Well, my characters haven't graduated high school yet…

Posted at

Soonest I'd be starting this would have to be about the 28th June - until then I have A-level exams to finish!
However, due to the fact that people actually seem to like my idea I think I'll have a bash - If you know anyone who might enjoy this point them in the direction of this thread and I shall begin making a list!

josif
josif
Posted at

Hey, this sounds like a great idea…. Im totally interested!

Posted at

Well, I'm quite interested. I'm not really a great artist, but I'll still like to help ^_^

Posted at

I'm interested. I'm not sure how much I can help, but I wouldn't mind joining.

Posted at

I want to help, mostly with story arc ideas. And I'd like to appear as a security guard.

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

I'll like to help out. Being the hole uni sudent anyhow.

The crazzy art one with the blowtoch. Wont evern have to jump so far from reality.
Im up for doing a few pages if you want.

Lace
Lace
Posted at

sounds like fun!.

KazeFire
KazeFire
Posted at

Meh, don't know much about Uni since im still in High school, but hell…

COUNT MEH IN!

EvilJared
EvilJared
Posted at

this could be pretty cool, i wanna join in too.

Posted at

Could I be the crazy hobo who keeps trying to pass off as a student?

matteblack
matteblack
Posted at

Yeah this sounds cool. I can't draw, but I can write.

Emotional
Emotional
Posted at

I'm in. I like to draw ^_^

Me thinks I can put some "gangsta" in the comic :D

Posted at

Wow, this suddenly got popular! 'Kay then, seeing as people are actually interested, I've decided to go ahead with this. I'll probably not be able to contribute much to begin with, as I have my A2 exams coming up and they're kinda important, but I will help with story & designs etc until the end of june when I'll break out the proper drawing-ness.

First, we need to decide on a name for the Uni,

Second, we need to make a list of characters.

My main idea for the name was to name it "University of DrunkDuck", but I'm not too keen on that as a name. Any other suggestions?

Oh and by the way, if anyone has too much free time and has designs for characters or buildings for the campus then email them to me at:
Enigmatic.Andy@gmail.com

Conned
Conned
Posted at

Sounds like fun :0

But yeah, can't contribute anything until after the 26th of May because I'm currently in my Exam period… Bleeding is also involved, though for different reasons! :D

How about "The University of Drunk Duckers": Seeing as students are always drunk?

KazeFire
KazeFire
Posted at

Hmmm * racks brain *

The Drunk Duckiez Uni
DD Uni

Meh, no idea. I could provide some storylines and characters i guess.

Emotional
Emotional
Posted at

Not good with names, But I have fun with character design, I'll submit one to your e-mail

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.