Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Advice please?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Forget about her and move on.

It's in the past now, and digging up the past only causes pain.

marine
marine
Posted at

I never forget them… try as I might.

The best thing you can do: whatever feels natural

For me, I usually go thruogh a moping around feeling crushed and hopeless period, then I find a new girl and move on.

I would tell the story about how I walked in on my girlfriend at the time sleeping with another guy and I just sat down and asked her how her day was, but its too long and complicated to post, I've posted it too many times before as an example of relationship troubles.

The moral of the story, forget her, find someone new, and move on. Don't have to find someone new right away, enjoy being on your own for awhile. Everybody takes stuff like this differently man, just gotta cope about it.

If nothing else, vent your frustrations in a furious web comic story, its my now patented method of curing the broken up with blues.

Posted at

You know, It's pointless to let this kind of stuff bother you…

Despite what you think.. 5 or 6 months isn't enough to TRULY love someone. that kind of love comes with years of companionship… I believe you are missing companionship more than anything.

Hell, just do what i do.. Go to the Gym to pass time, and take your mind off things, go to a bar or club with friends to just have fun, or just go for a run through the park… You would be surprised how many women you will meet.. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about…

~Notlikelytocare

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

My girlfriend not long ago broke up with me, and it really hurts…we weren't together for a really long time, only 5-6 months. What do you DDers do when your in my shoes? Is there anything i can do to help get rid of this pain?

Any help will be fantastic.

Mr Chappers

How long ago?
There is always going to be hurt when someone you care for in the slightest packs up and walks away. But I am a believer in that, that life is not always about the one or about sharing your life with someone else. Your life is about you and you growing. The one when he or she comes is about adding to your life and you adding to theirs, not taking away from it, as it seems right now. Its about mutual respect for their choices and beliefs, even it takes them away from you. I can imagine that there was no mutual respect for each other in this relationship. And you may have given up things for this person and also respect for yourself. Relationships are not about ownership or control. But of freedom. You should feel at home with them. Can you say that was the case? I might be completely talking out of arse! 5-6 months as NLTC said is a very short time and I don't know how old you are but the tastes you have in women now will drastically change as you grow up. When older you will look back and say, "WTF was I thinking!?!"

mlai
mlai
Posted at

But I am a believer in that life is not always about the one or about sharing your life with someone else. Your life is about you and you growing. The one when he or she comes is about adding to your life and you adding to theirs, not taking away from it, as it seems right now. Its about mutual respect for their choices and beliefs, even it takes them away from you.
Sob… so beautiful… :cry:

This just reminds me of my fav love story of all time.

thecaptain
thecaptain
Posted at

Well, you could find out why exactly she broke up with you.. If its because of you, like something about you she doesnt like than ask yourself if this is something about yourself that you can change, or if you would even want to change… If its because of her than you should probably ask yourself if you care enough about her to just let her go..

or if you wanted to be a bit more drastic..

you could start putting dead animals in her mailbox with a letter attached saying "I love you this much!!!".
You could slice her name across your chest using a rather sharp knife, and send her pictures..
you'll get your message across that you want to be with her, but unfortunately the po-po might come and take you away…

Just trying to help…

Posted at

Well, you could find out why exactly she broke up with you.. If its because of you, like something about you she doesnt like than ask yourself if this is something about yourself that you can change, or if you would even want to change… If its because of her than you should probably ask yourself if you care enough about her to just let her go..

or if you wanted to be a bit more drastic..

you could start putting dead animals in her mailbox with a letter attached saying "I love you this much!!!".
You could slice her name across your chest using a rather sharp knife, and send her pictures..
you'll get your message across that you want to be with her, but unfortunately the po-po might come and take you away…

Just trying to help…

Egad, I already like this guy!

You sir, should find your way to the top drawer!

Posted at

Kill her and bury her in your backyard. It's the only way, and you know it. Be a man.

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

Hmmm people respond to break ups differently. But it's alright to feel sad and hurt. I know how it's like, its kinda like being in a huge car accident and you are still healing.

I've heard somewhere that the amount of time it takes to get over a person should be equal to half the time you were with them. So I guess for you, you are looking at 2.5 months XD. But don't let that necesarily be your bench mark! People heal at different rates.

I think the best thing to do after a break up is to get busy and learn new things so you can both occupy yourself and better yourself at the same time. Like the gym is great, cuz you can work out the body and take all that anguish out by sweating it out.
Also joining clubs and stuff is awesome cuz you get to meet new people and form new social circles.

BUT BUT BUT! For me the best thing I ever did when I was heartbroken was pick up guitar. And I'll tell you why:

1. Guitar is awesome, it will feel good learning an new portable instrument and you can meet a lot of new people that way. You can find new people in guitar classes or just connect with other random people who are learning or who can teach you new skills.
2. Guitar also helps you appreciate music more and expose you to different bands. You can relate to people more through music and you can find some new bands to rock out to.
3. If you sing or write you can write music about how you feel. Shoot, my ex gave me enough material to compose an entire song book. I'm not that great at guitar but i taught myself a lot of chords so I was able to write lyrics to it and sing for friends and guests.
4. Finally, the sexiest reason of all to pick up guitar is EVERYONE DIGS A PERSON THAT PLAYS GUITAR! You know how they say girls love musicians? Not only would you be preoccupying your mind from heartbreak by learning tabs and chords, by the time you are ready to date again you will have a new skill to impress the ladies with. Man I was a chick that sang and played guitar and guys would just flock to me for that. That's even how I nabbed my current boyfriend right now. No one can resist!

So just try out new things, and don't be afraid to talk to your friends about your feelings. Another important thing you should also try to do is to avoid ALL contact with your EX and don't do the "lets just be friends" thing. That rarely works out after a break up. Sure after you are healed you can be friends again but it's hard to do it when it's still fresh so its best to avoid the EX until you are completely ready to move on, if you don't you will create more unnecesary drama in your life.

I hope this helps!

- Jovi

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I think Mr. Chappers already monkeys around with a guitar.

*Runs*

Posted at

stuff

I hate you. T_T According to you I have another year at least of getting over my ex boyfriend, AND he's apparently bettering himself in the best way possible by trying to learn guitar after we broke up.

That's it, I'm gonna go throw rocks through his windows tonight. And it's all your fault!

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

I think Mr. Chappers already monkeys around with a guitar.

*Runs*

OMFG i didn't even notice the avatar! LMAO

Oh well if he already does "monkey around with the ol guitar" there is always Bass, drums, and maybe even the tamberine XD….

Posted at

sit down with popcorn, invader zim, and nights into dreams for 3 days. That's what Kammy-chan did when Jake broke up with her. She took him breaking up with her better than the rest of us. I prank called him claiming to be the spawn of zim come to destroy the earth. Kimmy put worms in his sandwich. do whichever makes you feel the best. but i suggest the first one.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

I think outside of the guitar, the piano is the next sexiest musical instrument to play.

Like the guitar, it leaves your face free for other things. It also has class and flexibility.

But guitar outright wins on portability alone.

Posted at

Thanks for the hints there all helping me…well most of them.

Oh well if he already does "monkey around with the ol guitar" there is always Bass, drums, and maybe even the tamberine XD….

I do "monkey around with the guitar" but its mostly me messing around with the one/two strings, i am learning the bass. It does help…its easyer as well…maybe a little less attractive, but i enjoy it.

I did go out tonight to pick up some take out, and i did meet a girl there, who, was/is very intrested in me and being with me, but she is going to uni soon so theres the proplem, cause well shes hot, like a 10.

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

stuff

I hate you. T_T According to you I have another year at least of getting over my ex boyfriend, AND he's apparently bettering himself in the best way possible by trying to learn guitar after we broke up.

That's it, I'm gonna go throw rocks through his windows tonight. And it's all your fault!

lmao sorry skoolmunkee

I just heard that theory from Sex in the City, don't blame me, blame Charlotte lol. But it's not written in stone, I've known guys and girls that can get over thier lovers in a few days. It varies from person to person, I think that theory is just an average.

And who says that only HE can do all this cool stuff like bettering himself and learning guitar. PSH you should rock out too. I sure as hell did :P

Posted at

watch the f-word marine
it might be fine in TD, but not in GD

freeway
freeway
Posted at

hi guys, i took some advice from these forums and bought myself a Wacom Graphire4 Classic A6. I've plugged it in and the power works fine - hence the blue light which even turns green when the pen comes in contact with it. I.ve tried installing the tablet with the disc provided and followed the steps in the manual. Despite my tablet working for a couple of seconds now and again, my laptop dosn't seem to want to work with it at all. Also the painter essentials 3 disc bundled with it won't load. I'm running on windows vista and am pretty new to this whole pc gig, so for my sake could you please keep the replies as idiot proof as possible. Please help cuz i'm just itching to get started, thanks.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

watch the f-word marine

How come I get my posts edited and a warning PQ and all he gets is a slapped wrist?

marine
marine
Posted at

watch the f-word marine

How come I get my posts edited and a warning PQ and all he gets is a slapped wrist?

Because I listen.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

I would recommend listening to more Linkin' Park.

CRAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN! THEEEESE WOOOOOUNDS, THEEEY WIIIIILLL NOT HEEEEEEEEEAL!

Posted at

I know what you mean mate, i had that problem a couple of months ago, just try and forget about her and move on, stick with your mates always go out with them, thats what i did

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.