Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Don't mind the title to this topic. It's a French song with a really creepy-lookin' video that we watched in my French class at school.

Anyway, hello!
I'm Norah and I am new to this website. I started reading a few comics on here and then I wanted to comment on one, so I joined the site. And then I thought about my stick figure junk that I draw all over everything that I own (ok, mostly paper things) and I figured maybe I'd start a comic of some of that. I have yet to actually post anything on the comic, but I do have a title and tons of material to upload. So yes. (BTW, all I can draw is stick figures, so don't expect more than that…)

Umm umm umm I don't really know what to write here. I'm a girl? If that is not obvious by my name. Some names have gender ambiguity, but I don't consider mine to be one of them. I am 15 years old and I like quite a few comics. I'm a junior in high school. I'm trying to get my boyfriend to start up a comic because he always says he wants to and yet he's too much of a bum to actually get it going. Eventually he will, I think.

Do you want to know anything else? Did you want to know any of this in the first place? Hm. Tell me, I guess!

Posted at

What?…you expect me to quote the whole thing when you just read it? What's the matter with you people?
Norah, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that post and I'm sure my friends will enjoy it every bit as much as I did. It's my favourite introduction since I started haunting this forum and if your comic is anywhere near as amusing/entertaining, I won't care how sticky your stick figures are. In case I haven't made myself clear, I thought that was a great intro post.
Now I'm off to you tube for some creepy French video. I'm so glad you could join us.

Edit: you're not another 54 year old truck driver from Weston Supermare are you?

Posted at

I can't figure out whether to take that as truth or sarcasm. I'm leaning toward the latter. Eh, anyway thanks for the welcome, I guess.

I am definitely not 54, a truck driver (or any type of driver, without my parents, ha), or from… wherever that is. (And I can spell definitely correctly, if that makes anyone else as happy as it makes me!)

Posted at

Weston Supermare is in England and so am I, which is why everything I say sounds like sarcasm, but my positive comments are in fact serious, which you would realise if you trawled through the last couple of months welcome posts, but I seriously wouldn't recommend it!

I simply meant that you were able to articulate your thoughts in a coherent and engaging fashion and spelling definitely is definately a bonus, but I'm still listening out for engine noise! ;)

Posted at

Ah, well then I'm sorry I doubted and thank you muchly. I try to make sense when I write things. When I draw stick figure comics, though, that completely goes out the window.

Do you know why that one overall intro topic is locked? I wanted to post there instead but obviously that can't be done.

Posted at

Ah yes, it was only ever meant to be an instruction, but then for some reason people felt the need to post their intros there, as you obviously did (must be like that feeling of being so afraid of heights that you want to throw yourself off) so it was quickly locked.

You could always try the other one - reasons for joining DD - if you're just too hooked on this sub-forum to leave. Some of us can never leave.

Posted at

Welcome welcome welcome! lepamplemousse, I can't wait to see your stick figure comic, some of them are so damn amusing! I hope you enjoy your time here and stay away from the Food and Beverages offered here or you will be stuck in this sub-forum for ever!

Posted at

I agree with Ironscarfs Ghost, best first post ever. I can't even find something to be a dick about, which makes me sad. Which I just realised I can be a dick about. It is perfect! The creepy video helped, although I didn't think it was that creepy, unless it was the wrong one. This is a good one too.

Posted at

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad not to have annoyed anyone thus far. :)

Custard (or do you go by Trout? or do you not separate them?)- Wow, that video was… um… wow. I guess it had a happy ending? I liked the song even though I didn't really understand it (I'm only in year 2 French). Also, the creepy video (or at least creepy in my opinion) is the one with the blond lady with the really long nose whose heart is off running around. It's not entirely creepy, but somewhat.

Mushroom- Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to be careful! And I will try to be funny in the comic. We shall see how that goes.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Welcome to the duck… I look forward to checking out your work.

Posted at

Aghammer- Thank you!
The Real Macabre- Merci!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hi, Norah, welcome to the fun! Don't mind Scarfie - he's been destitute since his favorite 54 year old trucker left him in a cloud of dust in some rural town along the highway. We brought him in to the Duck, nursed him back to health, fed him walnuts… Sometimes he has these lapses, you see… But really - we love him dearly.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, would you like a Cold hot Cola?

Posted at

Thanks Amanda and Dark Clown.

No, Dark Clown, I would not like a cola because I have been advised not to take food or beverages from anyone here. Thank you, though.

Do coffee beans count for a beverage? If not, I will SO accept those.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Thanks Amanda and Dark Clown.

No, Dark Clown, I would not like a cola because I have been advised not to take food or beverages from anyone here. Thank you, though.

Do coffee beans count for a beverage? If not, I will SO accept those.
Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola!
you would hold yourself from a new experience based on the nay saying of others??
to think if the world would do the same. it would indeed be a harsh and bland world. to this We say No!!
Partake of the Cold Hot Cola. and enjoy its refreshing goodness.
We hope you will allways try new things.
and again Welcome

Posted at

It actually doesn't taste that bad, if you don't mind the being dead thing…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I hear he pees in it… -_-

Posted at

and that's the best part…it gets worse from there…

Posted at

and that's the best part…it gets worse from there…

Oh my. I'm not sure what to think of all of this.
I think I will for now at least stick to not taking food and beverages but I think I will let people earn my trust and then I will take their goods.

How, you ask?
I like free things. As long as they aren't gross. Gross things are… well… gross.

Posted at

Sooo. . . would you like some of my custard?

Hint: It isn't food.

Posted at

Sooo. . . would you like some of my custard?

Hint: It isn't food.

No no no.
Are you assuming I have learned NOTHING in my…5 days here?

…unless, by "custard" you mean "1 million dollars."
in that case, I will totally partake in some of that custard.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

-…unless, by "custard" you mean "1 million dollars."
in that case, I will totally partake in some of that custard.
…I think it comes from the same family as the cold hot cola.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola!
The Cold Hot Cola is good. Do not let their tricks fool you
Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola! Drink The Cold Hot Cola!
Try it you my just like it

Posted at

To be honest I wouldn't have known you were a girl from your name. I know literally no french other than 'I don't speak french' :P

Poor excuse for a Canadian I am. Oh well. Never liked Quebecers anyhow.

Oh and ohio waga tame fujoshi.

Foreign languages gallore :D

Edit: What, I can't speak Russian here? Fine Yapanese.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.