Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Yeah, I keep hearing voices in my head, It's like two people are holding on a conversation in my head or they're talkning directly to me. It occurs at random times and not every day. I can't really remmeber much of them. It happens really fast and a few seconds later I find out what they're saying. Like just as I'm typing I keep hearing this man say "Yes it does". The one that happens the most is, "Follow the circle" I hear that usually every day. As I type this I'm getting an overload, there's a lot of voice I hear right now. Screaming begging and pleading, and just now, "Don't tell anyone!" I swear I am not making this up, I really want to know, is there anything wrong with me?

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

I wondered if I was possesed or something, then I heard this voice say "Yes you are" I heard others after that saying no. Then followed by a "Don't worry, everything's going to be OK." Just send me to the aslylum now.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

To be sure, consult a psychiatrist first. Maybe there might be a physical cause for it. Like do you do drugs? Did your head get knocked hard because of an accident that it caused some damage to your brain?

If physical causes are ruled out, there is probably a being of unearthly nature trying to communicate with you. Did you try communicating with it? Tell it to introduce itself. Interview it.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

To be sure, consult a psychiatrist first. Maybe there might be a physical cause for it. Like do you do drugs? No. Did your head get knocked hard because of an accident that it caused some damage to your brain? No.

If physical causes are ruled out, there is probably a being of unearthly nature trying to communicate with you. Did you try communicating with it? Not yet I'll try. But it's become dead silent now. I can't hear a thing. Maybe later. Tell it to introduce itself. Interview it.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Walrus, if you really are being serious then definitely go see a psychiatrist.
Also, I'm pretty sure kyupol is just f***ing with you. If you are becoming schizophrenic or something, it is probably better not to become convinced that the voices in your head are actually people or spirits trying to communicate with you. I can pretty much guarantee that will not make the situation better.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I'm not f**cking with you.

As this reality isnt everything there is. I'm convinced of that and its not a theory to me but a FACT. Yes. There are other dimensions. Our eyes only see a certain frequency and you cannot really see the other frequencies unless you awaken your other senses. All humans have em (what you call psychic abilities). What your five senses grasp is not all there is.

First thing's first. See a psychiatrist to rule out the physical. Also, when dealing with a psychiatrist, don't just take any prescription without having physical evidence or a second or 3rd opinion.

Those voices could be anything. It could be an external source trying to reach you, or it could be your "higher self" (aka conscience/spirit guide/guardian angel). You know how you get your gutfeel if something's not right and it just happened to be correct? That is your higher self communicating with you. Your gut.

I used to get the same thing too. That was after a few nights of me going to sleep always sad and depressed and full of suicidal thoughts. There was this voice in my head telling me that it would be such a waste of life if I went ahead and killed myself. And it told me that when I hit the age 24, something would happen that would make me regret everything I said and thought about this life. It "spoke" to me when I was age 22. At the height of my depressive and suicidal state. I was doubtful at first and dismissed it as just a stupid dream. But I was proven wrong.

Anyway if that turns out to be an outside force, most likely its a negative entity. The stuff that comes out of the ouija board. It will most likely masquerade as an angel or a dead relative or your future soulmate or whatever it is that can push your buttons. Exercise critical thinking when dealing with those things.

Good luck.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Have you checked your walls, you might have really thin walls.

but seriously i think kyupol is right, by any chance might your current place of residence be haunted? might a relative have died recently? how long has this been going on for and have you had any other unexplainable things happen in your life? follow the circle could meen something, you should probablly listen to it, maybe youll understand what it means in time, i've read books on this kind of stuff and know of real stories were listening to theese voices has saved someones life.

Also make sure to get your brain scanned, just incase it is a tumour.

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

Hearing voices is a classic symptom of mental illness. If this is really happening to you, go see a doctor ASAP.

Also, don't listen to kyupol, because he is insane already.

Also, only listen to the first and last lines of BffSatan's post. You could be overhearing something from nearby, it could be a neighbor's TV or radio, or it could even be echoing from outside through a small opening/window. A brain scan might help, but not necessarily if it is caused by a chemical imbalance.

But whatever you do, don't start thinking that something like a ghost, alien, or kyupol is trying to talk to you, because that really is crazy.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

well , i'm surprised nobody else has said they hear voices too .
i sometimes hear them when i lay down to sleep, not in my sleep , i am wide awake. they just kinda start this irritating chorus of voices , sometimes it sounds like a room full of people talking about various things. i usually try to ignore them and get some sleep. but just recently i was so annoyed by them that i got up and wrote down a few things they said . seems they were trying to comunicate to me the names and locations of things that happened fifty years ago . i realy don't know why. i googled some of the key words and came up with some interesting answers , some of it i'm kinda sceptical about .

whatever you do , stay away from the pills. they kill your mind !!!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Hearing voices is a classic symptom of mental illness. If this is really happening to you, go see a doctor ASAP.

Also, don't listen to kyupol, because he is insane already.

Also, only listen to the first and last lines of BffSatan's post. You could be overhearing something from nearby, it could be a neighbor's TV or radio, or it could even be echoing from outside through a small opening/window. A brain scan might help, but not necessarily if it is caused by a chemical imbalance.

But whatever you do, don't start thinking that something like a ghost, alien, or kyupol is trying to talk to you, because that really is crazy.

So its crazy that this reality isnt all there is. So its crazy that things that you cannot see with your physical eyes indeed exist. If thats the case, remember when you were a little kid? When you just cover your eyes and hope that mommy cannot see you because you assume you're hidden.

Well let me tell you something.

Isnt it crazy that the earth is round? Isnt it crazy that the earth revolves around the sun and not having a flat earth with the sun revolving around the earth?

Isnt it crazy to be able to talk to other people who are thousands of miles away using a little plastic box? Isnt it even crazier to be able to send documents and do business thousands of miles away using the same plastic box?

What is insane?

Posted at

Isnt it crazy that the earth is round? Isnt it crazy that the earth revolves around the sun and not having a flat earth with the sun revolving around the earth?

Isnt it crazy to be able to talk to other people who are thousands of miles away using a little plastic box? Isnt it even crazier to be able to send documents and do business thousands of miles away using the same plastic box?

Um. . . no. None of those are crazy at all, by virtue of the fact that they exist and actually obey basic scientific principals?

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

So its crazy that this reality isnt all there is. So its crazy that things that you cannot see with your physical eyes indeed exist.
Yes. Thinking things are real when they are not is the definition of crazy as far as I'm concerned.
No.
No. All the things you are listing here are derived from basic scientific principles and are the result of painstaking research. There's nothing crazy at all about them.

What is insane?
You. You are insane. I've said it before and I stick to it. You are batshit insane, dude.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Okay well you guys, whether or not we believe in spirits and all these things, I think we can all agree on one thing: the first thing he should do is see a doctor. That's the important part right now.

But kyupol, do you honestly think that what you are saying will help him? What if it turns out that it is NOT a spirit, simply a mental problem, but he has become convinced that these voices are real things trying to communicate with him because of your advice?

lothar
lothar
Posted at

consensus reality ….

ever since my psychiatrist tryed to excplain my "chemical imbalance " to me by drawing a diagram on the whiteboard and i could tell she realy had no clue what she was talkiing about , and then she tryed to tell me that other magic chemicals would make me normal so i could get a job !! " don't drink don't smoke weed " "those things are bad " sure they've been with humanity for thousands of years , " nooo . go take some laboratory created drugs that have been around less than fifty years , drugs that make the drug companies rich , that give them an incentive to create mental illness out of thin air !! now that is LOGICAL , that is SANE !!

that is the new reality we live in , there is nothing but what you see , if you deviate from the norm , you require chemical adjustment . after all , you're just a machine , inside the big machine , the machine that turns mad profits for the man !!!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

um… people used to laugh at you when you thought the earth is round.

lol!

But kyupol, do you honestly think that what you are saying will help him? What if it turns out that it is NOT a spirit, simply a mental problem, but he has become convinced that these voices are real things trying to communicate with him because of your advice?

I said: RULE OUT THE PHYSICAL FIRST.

But I'd say its insanity or a negative entity if it tells you to hate or kill or harm others and/or yourself.

Posted at

i say why waist yer money on therapy. just deal with it and dont let it get to you go on with yer life like you hear nothing<:

Posted at

sounds like schizophrenia, better get it checked.
it could also be a tumor in your head, tumors do weird things.

Sometimes when you have a mental imbalance your thoughts seems like they are coming from the outside instead of inside your brain.

i used to work in a psychiatric hospital, and it's good to catch these things early so they can see what type of medication might work well for you. trust me, i've seen worse when they think they feel better and stop taking the medication. very unstable.

see most people have this mental barrier saying "that's stupid, don't do it", but some people have a weaker barrier or no barrier at all. so they just react to the first thing that comes in their head.

for example, you are hot in the party, first thought would be " i need to take off my shirt" but then your mental barrier kicks in and says "that's stupid". and you give your brain time to rationalize that you just need to go outside to cool down or find a fan.

Posted at

i say why waist yer money on therapy. just deal with it and dont let it get to you go on with yer life like you hear nothing<:

1) This thread is old enough that he's probably doing something about it by now.

2) That's the fucking stupidest idea ever. Shut up now.

3) Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Um. . . no. None of those are crazy at all, by virtue of the fact that they exist and actually obey basic scientific principals?

i work with this stuff. and while they do obey basic scientific principals, it still is beyond understanding.

i mean why does it work this way, how is my voice modulated? how does it hop on the carrier? how does it get transmitted demodulated. how are we sure we're transmitting the way we say we are?
i know the principals behind those questions, i know the steps in which it happens. but when i think of how each process actually happens, it makes my head hurt.

also for relevancy, sometimes (not as often since i moved out) i would hear my mother call my name. but she wouldnt be around, but if you asked me right after i hear it. i would swear to you she was standing behind me.

——-
Post. script.

the transistor (another piece of equipment that revolutionized modern electronics, that i barely understand) was released to the public in late 1947. roswell, mid '47. coincidence?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

sounds like schizophrenia, better get it checked.
it could also be a tumor in your head, tumors do weird things.

Sometimes when you have a mental imbalance your thoughts seems like they are coming from the outside instead of inside your brain.

i used to work in a psychiatric hospital, and it's good to catch these things early so they can see what type of medication might work well for you. trust me, i've seen worse when they think they feel better and stop taking the medication. very unstable.

see most people have this mental barrier saying "that's stupid, don't do it", but some people have a weaker barrier or no barrier at all. so they just react to the first thing that comes in their head.

for example, you are hot in the party, first thought would be " i need to take off my shirt" but then your mental barrier kicks in and says "that's stupid". and you give your brain time to rationalize that you just need to go outside to cool down or find a fan.
Excellent advice! :)

Posted at

You're ALL crazy!
"There are no sane people… only levels of insanity!" (can't remember who first said that)
Some people would call you crazy for eating microwaved food or using a mobile phone (there is substantial evidence saying these items cause BIG problems… people laughed when they were first told smoking kills too)

Some would call you crazy for slaving your best years of your life away working for the 'man' so you can retire on a pittance.

Many (particularly future generations, if any) would/will call us crazy for polluting and frying our only home, this planet.

I say let the voices go for it, mate. Whether it's your own mind or 'spirit guides' is irrelevant… as long as you analyse the thoughts or voices critically before acting on them, you'll be right.

Too few of you humans think critically anymore and act on thoughts without thinking them through. It's what we were given an intellect for, after all.

If these voices are not harming you or interfering with your happiness, definitely DO NOT START TAKING MEDICATION!

Posted at

So, it's perfectly normal to have voices telling you to burn things, so long as you don't?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hmm, yes. I tend to think the sorts of views expressed by Cartoonprofessor are as a result of the over-medication of what are basically mental hypochondriacs. So people see other people taking lots of medication when they don't really need it and the side effects of the powerful psychotropics they take actually doing worse things to them than the exaggerated or imagined problems that they took them for in the first place.

——–
But it's not all clear cut and black and white.
-Although there are medication fads and people thinking they're a bit crazy when they aren't, there are and have ALWAYS been people with REAL problems. Problems that if not treated can get worse and substantially reduce someone's quality of life and those around them.

So it's important NOT to make blanket statements about medication being bad and all psychiatrics being silly, or whatever from the healthy scepticism takes. ;)

…We don't want people harming themselves or ending up in institutions if it can be avoided.

Posted at

3) Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

That was totally unneccessary. Even if you don't agree with what someone said, you don't need to use this kind of tone and language to say so. You've been told about that kind of thing before. Do it again and you'll get frozen long enough to cool off :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Another cause for "voices" could be "white noise". The human mind has a tendency to form "human" patterns from random phenomena. Hence the faces on Mars, shadows that look like a face are perceived as a face, the same principle applies to white noise. It sounds like barely preceived voices and the mind can even recognize words at times where none are present.

Then there is also schizophrenia and other physical problems with the brain. Seek professional help. Anyone who claims otherwise is suffering from various forms of mental illness themselves and are in denial, self-medicating and/or possibly delusional. It takes one nut to know one. ;)

I didn't just work in a mental hospital, I was also a patient. I can tell the story from the other side as someone who recognized their illness after a long denial,had two breakdowns, sought professional help and am now able to function. Now I am facing a possible brain injury, hey the after-effects of six concussions build up after a while. :)

I'm not suffering from insanity; I'm enjoying it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.