Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

Well sometime..ok most of the time when I read comics and books I read aloud. Now if that wasn't enough sometimes I go as far as to give different characters different voices. What I'd like to know is: Am I the only one to do this? And if I am insane?

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Not really. It's probably just a sign that you watch too much TV.

……AHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry, I couldn't say that with a straight face!

Too much TV….hoo boy! lol! lol! lol!

Posted at

actually I kinda do the same things…

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

It's somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one. *I say to a stuffed walrus while wearing boxers for a hat.*

marine
marine
Posted at

I do that too. I was reading some Blade comics last night using my toughest black guy voice for blade and cracking myself up. I thought about recording myself doing it. I got voices for all a marvels characters, punisher, wolverine, spider-man, the thing (he's a jewish guy from the new york in my head), and a lot of other dudes.

Almost all of my comics are done from me reading it out loud a few times.

neohobo
neohobo
Posted at

hehe well i dont do that all the time, but it does make it more interesting

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

Do you know how I come up with stories? I literally walk around in circles and just think about it; different scenes and such.
I've been doing it since I was little. Sort of a habbit…and yes, I've said lines out loud while doing that or writing something.

Do all writers/artists have weird habbits you think? XP

Posted at

I don't read out loud all the time, but I like to get a better feel for a funny phrase or something. Mostly I do the voices in my head. So figure this, which is weirder, imagining different voices and accents in you mind, or saying them out loud so you can hear it. I don't know how poeple would understand what they're reading if they don't.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Yeah, you're insane.

But I usually sing along to the songs that play while I draw. :D

Renee Katz
Renee Katz
Posted at

I like to pace when I think of new ideas for episodes… but the reading-comics-aloud-and-impersonating-the-characters thing is kinda disturbing. . .

herio
herio
Posted at

yep what kind of voce dop you gave the main in mine

Posted at

If I find a line that amuses me, I'll read it aloud in different voices. My main thing is laughing Waaay too hysterically at things that other people might not find nearly as amusing. I also sometimes say lines aloud while planning scenes for my characters. I'll act out gestures, movements, imagine what the character would say in response to this or that.

Posted at

Well sometime..ok most of the time when I read comics and books I read aloud. Now if that wasn't enough sometimes I go as far as to give different characters different voices. What I'd like to know is: Am I the only one to do this? And if I am insane?

And now, doing a reading of the legendary "Flash of Two Worlds" (number 123) … qdawg!

/applause

:)

Nah man, you're not insane. A lot of people do that. I know I don't vocalize it like you do, but on some really good books that I read the character voices I imagine get so strong in my head that my lips sometimes move as I read and it takes me a few minutes to notice it.

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

yep what kind of voce dop you gave the main in mine

Well usually when I read a comic I give the main character my voice unless I deem a different voice necessary.

Posted at

Insanity is measured and determined by a majority of like minded people… so here we can all be sane !!!!

Posted at

nah. that's pretty normal.

But really when you ask the question, AM I INSANE? You're thinking about your mental state. Crazy people never think they're crazy. So it's I'M NOT INSANE.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I can't say I've ever done that, because I get irritated when people read my comic out loud. I think I'm insane for feeling that way.

You're fine, though. You're reading comics, you could be doing nothing cooler with you time. Except ______ of course, but this is a family thread. <_<

Posted at

I like to pace when I think of new ideas for episodes…
Yay! I'm not alone!

I do that too =D

Posted at

I don't read my comics out loud, but most people I know do, so you're fine. :3

I do pace the room when I'm trying to come up with ideas/dialouge for my comic and talk to myself. Actually I go up to the swing at the park next to my house with my ipod and brainstorm, something about the swinging motion and the adrenaline rush from the music helps me think. I've been known to shout the words to the songs and/or "talk" to myself while on the swings, sometimes not knowing people were around. xD;

Posted at

Yeah your insane…

Just kidding lol!lol!lol!
Anyway, all my favorite elementary school teachers did that, so maybe you should be a teacher…

vgman
vgman
Posted at

yea your insain but so is everybody else. if someon asks why your doing it just say your practicing reading for underprivleged kids who dont know how to read yet ;)

KamiDaHobo
KamiDaHobo
Posted at

When I was going through school, I had a tough time with reading comprehension. I couldn't really remember what I read, so I'd end up reading the same page (or the same paragraph) up to three times before moving on. It was very frustrating, and completely turned me against reading for personal enjoyment.

I started using your 'act out the scenes verbally' method a few months, and it helped tremendously. My comprehension improved, and the enjoyment level of reading was at an all-time high.

What I'm trying to say is, yes, you're out of your freakin' mind.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.