Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Am I the only one who finds this a little odd?

Posted at

We have 1886 registered users

In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

There's definitely something wierd about these numbers….

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

why?

.: SpANG! :.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Actually i find it quite odd…..1886 people and only a few are on, COME ON i'd think there would be atleast 10.
Hell im still woozy from surgery and im on, god where is everyone?

lukee
lukee
Posted at

1411 people have 5 posts or less, so it's not 1886 active users of the site.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I have 208 members at my site forum. A grand total of about 5 or 6 people, maybe sometimes a couple more, actually post there.

So yeah, forum numbers are weird and sometimes depressing. :(

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

…then there's the spam accounts.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Bleh, I moderate a forum with 3300 registered users that is barley more active than this.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

This board doesn't delete bot accounts or non posters. Meaning that 1886 is not an accurate number of the real amount of posters.

So no, its not odd at all.
This is true, to a point. We do have people looking out for that stuff, but it's not automatic. So, yeah, there's probably a lot of un-activated spammer accounts.

Also, we don't delete people that don't post, to your second point, because some people just like to read. :wink:

.: SpANG! :.

Posted at

I wasn't very active in this forum until a few days ago…(Rather, I HAD been active, then INactive, and am now back again…xD). Plus, forums often have people who don't post or just enjoy reading what other people are saying. Or, they want to boost their forum membership count so's they can boast to others.

This is normal, to have so few users on. ^_^; Besides, a lot of people are busy with their lives- most comickers tend to be either in k-12 school-age, or college age groups(with exceptions as always). Both are relatively busy groups. After that, it's people who have JOBS. (Wooo, jobs. *drowns in coffee).

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

I think its a shame that more people don't use the DD forums. Perhaps if we can get more community projects going. 8) Someone in the #keenspace chat room was trying to convince me that DD was bigger than CG. Oh how I laughed. :-D

They have 18848 registered forum users.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I have a board with over two hundred users. I can expect at least one to post every three days

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

that's nothing, back when i first joined, one of the first things i noticed was:

The guy never posted, but i still think he would have been the best member EVER

Posted at

People do have real lives here…

some of us have jobs…

some of us have two jobs and a bazillion plushie commissions and a comic that needs updated and a need to hide huddled in a ball under her computer desk in the fetal position and cry herself to sleep…but we're totally not talking about me.

I think that a lot of us are multitasking and come in and out when we have a chance. I know that I check the forum about once an hour when I'm home working on other stuff. I think that there are a lot of people that check in, make a few comments and dash off again. A minute here and a minute there.

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

People do have real lives here…

Ha ha ha. :-D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.