Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

American Football Fans! Uh... Are ya out there?

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Okay, so I know I'm a definite minority on this site fer lovin' American Football. But the season's about to officially kick off (ha. no pun intended.) and I'm stoked to actually have somethin' other than making comics to care about! Well, at least until January.

Anyone else out there? And c'mon, don't be a jerk and post about how you don't understand it, or how it's boring, and how that other "football" that we call "soccer" is totally better, etc.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

got one here,man! i mean i really dont go outa my way for sports ussually,but football…man these guys are like fuckin titans. you got 200-300 lb.+ guys ironing eachother the fuck out!what's NOT awesome about that?

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I admire it for being a sport where the players actually have to tone and devote their physique to it, rather than a game for chubby white collars to ride around in carts and add to their beer gut all evening. :)
We used to have a big bet for the superbowl and party, dad always let me pick a few plays randomly. I won 20$ one year but that was it lol. I miss how the commercials were 3 years ago when funny was important, these years usually have one epic one and that's it.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I watch it, but I'm not by far a fan. I spent most of my childhood reading while my family jumped around the TV screen. I only began to appreciate it when I joined the high school marching band and actually had to attend the games.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I loved football for the longest time. My favorite team was The Patriots, so it was pretty great to be a fan of theirs for a while. Watching them kick the Colt's lilly asses every year, and then take the Super Bowl like it was nothin'.

Then that report came out that they may have very well been cheating constantly for a few years. Like finding out at the end of a movie that it's all a dream of the main character's, everything was cheapened. Havent really paid much attention to the game since then. I guess the Colts are doing amazingly well now or something.

who cares, fuck the pats

>: ((((((((((

Posted at

I like how you ask people to be respectful of American football and then preceded to call the other sport that partially shares the name (and is played by the rest of the world) that other "football".

Since I was married to an American I got to learn allot about the American version. I paid a bit of attention to the Patriots since they were the New England team and my wife was from that area. I've watched my share of Super Bowl games but since I'm not residing in the states, I have to watch them using foreign networks which don't air those hilarious half time show ads.

It's a very strategic game, always pausing to plan the next move. Specific players have specific roles and are constantly switched when it's appropriate to use them. The TV screen get's flooded with statistics about the game progress and how the teams fared in similar matches, etc. To some, this description may sound like it's a boring thing to watch but it's easy to understand why it's a likable sport, once you get to know it.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Fun fact:

For the LONGEST TIME I thought that since Soccer is called Football everywhere else, that Football was called Soccer in those same places. You can imagine my shock and shame when I found out this wasnt true. I really only found out a couple of months ago, but for years NO ONE would correct me on this.

Soccer(football) is alright too I guess. I like it when women play it becuase it tones their legs, i like, my name a borat

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I like how you ask people to be respectful of American football and then preceded to call the other sport that partially shares the name (and is played by the rest of the world) that other "football".
Aw, I didn't mean it like that. Me = "King of Saying Poorly-Worded and Easily Misinterpreted Stuff". ;)

My team is the oft-hapless New Orleans Saints. I actually got to go to the first preseason game on Friday, which was the first time I'd been in the 'Dome since before the hurricane.

I'm feelin' really good about this year, and I know I say it every year but I think we got a shot at the NFC Championship, if not the Superbowl. New defensive coordinator and subsequent better schemes + incredible offense = total domination! lol!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Yay dolphins. some day i'll be able to come out of the closet and root for you.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Super Chargers!

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

Okay, so I know I'm a definite minority on this site fer lovin' American Football. But the season's about to officially kick off (ha. no pun intended.) and I'm stoked to actually have somethin' other than making comics to care about! Well, at least until January.

Anyone else out there? And c'mon, don't be a jerk and post about how you don't understand it, or how it's boring, and how that other "football" that we call "soccer" is totally better, etc.

I am right there with ya Hyena. I am Psyched! The Giants have their first preseason game on tonight so I"ll definitely be checking that out.

I'm also obsessed with Fantasy football. I had like 20 teams last year, I'm an addict.

The only bad thing is that the season starts really late this year. Sept 13th, oh well, guess I"ll have to deal.

Posted at

Go Lions!
(just don't do what you did last year :-s)

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

It's really a lot like wrestling, but without all the INTENSE, HARDCORE GAY FUCKING.

Posted at

Ouch! the palpable repression is quite, quite beautiful.
x

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Go Lions!
(just don't do what you did last year :-s)
I think we've got our season opener against y'all, if memory serves… I'm sorry. lol!

elektro
elektro
Posted at

When I get the chance, I'll watch it. Of course, I do not have a TV of my own anymore, so that always depends. I'm from Wisconsin, so take a wild guess at who my team is.

In related news, Brett Favre signed with the Vikings today. I am shaking my head with disgust.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

When I get the chance, I'll watch it. Of course, I do not have a TV of my own anymore, so that always depends. I'm from Wisconsin, so take a wild guess at who my team is.

In related news, Brett Favre signed with the Vikings today. I am shaking my head with disgust.

what happened to our boy? :(

i can take him playing for another teami figured i could still root for him unless he played against the Packers.but the VIKINGS?!
it's like turning around and seeing Superman suck off Lex Luther.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

INTENSE, HARDCORE GAY FUCKING.

no wonder why i never did good in wrestling. i never got a boner while actually playing. hmmm, strange.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

what happened to our boy? :(

i can take him playing for another teami figured i could still root for him unless he played against the Packers.but the VIKINGS?!
it's like turning around and seeing Superman suck off Lex Luther.
DUDE! I know, right? He's totally cheapenin' himself every time he pulls this crap. Can you say… whore? I ain't buyin' that "love of the game" crap anymore.

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Super Chargers!

I'm with you man…Bring on the Bolts, the $90M Quarterback, and the corny, disco fight song!

Posted at

I grew up in a city now called SIXburgh.

Six.

Enough said.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

So my beloved Saints are 3-0 in preseason! Uh, sorry about that last'n, Raiders. ;)

How're y'all's teams doin'?

Posted at

I Live in texas die hard football over here.

Im a comic geek and a football freak!!!!!!!!!!!!! A lose for the cowboys can mess my whole day up. I know thats pretty sad but I cant help it!!!! Football is the best! I just wish they take away all the silly rules the put in now. Horse collar etc…….

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

So opening week's comin' up, kids! How you think your team stands? The Saints are playin' Detroit and I'm fairly sure it's gonna be a slaughter, especially since they've made the questionable decision to start their rookie quarterback.

Also:

My season tickets are supposed to come in the mail today, so I got up early and I ain't leavin' the house until the dude knocks on my door and hands me that envelope. :nervous:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.