Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

another new face *points to self*

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

'sup people. Any site called "Drunk Duck" I have to be apart of, lol. I have my own website for my comic, but it'd be awesome to get other comic artists' opinions. So, I uploaded my strips here as well. Check 'em out! I'm gonna try to upload in both places… see how well that works…

It's a typical newspaper comic- I want to polish it up for yet another submission to syndicates. But this is my first submission with this new strip concept, as I retired my old one after 10 years. Just grayscale stuff so far, I plan and making some "Sunday" strips in full color once I pass the 50 mark.

my portfolio site is: http://www.griffinproductions.net
my comic site is: http://www.griffinproductions.net/zorphbertandfred

Thanks! Hope to hear some juicy stuff back ;0)
-Dawn

Posted at

Your a pro?

Interesting, I only know one other pro personally. I'll be sure to keep up with your stuff.

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

um, heh, no, I wouldn't call myself a pro. I'd love to be. It's always been the "dream job" for me. I'm just your average graphic designer right now, and do this on the side. I've been sending in submissions to syndicates since I was 14, but just get a bunch of rejection letters with the occasional "pat on the back"- some nice comment and maybe even some critiquing so I know what to fix.

Thanks tho ;0) Nice to meet you both.

Posted at

if it's one thing DD is good at it's coddling people

welcome ;)

F_Allen
F_Allen
Posted at

your comics really good, im a wannabe graphic designer but i dont seem yo be getting anywhere. Where are you from?

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

Thanks! I'm the average designer. It's nothing flashy, just a living. Bores me most of the time. I'd be nice to actually DRAW for a living instead of editting text and searching 1000's of discs for a certain photo archived, like, 5 years ago. Woo flippin' hoo, yknow? I'm most proud of the artwork that I draw and work on start to finish. okay, 'nough of the violins…

I'm originally from Cleveland, OH (represent!), but I now live just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Went to HS in NJ. You?

F_Allen
F_Allen
Posted at

little town in england. Xant find a job because they akk wanr experience, cant get experience cause i havent got a job, cant go to school because i havent got a gun, cant get a gun because i didnt go to school. Like the Alice Cooper sonf :D i studied at a uni in a town called bedford

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

the classic catch-22, eh? yeah… you eventually find some crap job that helps you work your way up, but it never goes away. Eventually you want the management postion which comes with more money, and THAT requires management experience, etc etc… blah blah.

Well, good luck to ya.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.