Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Any Magic players out there?

Prototaph
Prototaph
Posted at

I loves the Duck, but one of my first loves was, and is, Magic: the Gathering. I'm curious if there are any other of youse out there who enjoy, or at one point enjoyed, a good game of Magic.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I loves the Duck, but one of my first loves was, and is, Magic: the Gathering. I'm curious if there are any other of youse out there who enjoy, or at one point enjoyed, a good game of Magic.

I used to play that game.

I remember having a deck that was white weenie. You know, white knights, order of jarkfield, and all the flanking knights as well as serra angels and other damage redirectors and big creature killers (eye for an eye, reprisal, swords to plowshares)

I also used to have a counter-blaster deck. (fireball, disintegrate, incinerate, lighting bolt… as well as counterspells, arcane denial, remove soul, spell blast, etc.) In that deck, I had a few walls. Thats the cheesiest deck ever. lol

But the most annoying one I had was the goblin deck. Very fast and easy to blood lust and goblin grenade.

Posted at

Yeaaah! I used to collect Legend cards, and I at one point had enough of them to make a deck entirely out of legendary cards. Even the lands. I'm sure it was illegal as all hell, but just watching my friends try to beat me with that deck was great fun.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Eh, I was always bad at those types of games. I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh on my game boy, though. :)

Posted at

I'm in and out of it. It seems like every two years or so I pick up a bunch of cards and go crazy for like two months till I drop it for another two years.

I always liked building black and white decks

Prototaph
Prototaph
Posted at

That's cool, that's cool. Coming up with an idea for the next post so stay tuned.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I tried getting back to it around 2006.

I bought a starter deck that was black+white, cleric deck. I modified it a bit and played for awhile.

It was basically a preventer, with some discarding and life-draining stuff.

Then I got bored of it since I dont really have much people to play with unlike when it was like a big fad in the Philippines where 90% of guys would play Magic the Gathering.

That was when the following expansion packs were out:

- Fallen Empires, Ice Age, Visions, Mirage, Alliances, 4th Ed, 5th ed, Weatherlight, etc.

Prototaph
Prototaph
Posted at

Ok, two things:

1) If there is anyone who's read this AND lives in the Ithaca/Syracuse/Binghamton area (as unlikely as that might be), let me know where and when groups can play a Friday Night Magic or something. I'm new to this area and I haven't found anything yet.

2) As an avid player, I've been trying to increase my collection any way I can. So I'll put it to you all out there: If any ex-players wish to get rid of your cards and want them to go to some one who will actually play with them, instead of putting them in a binder to collect dust or whatever, let me know via PQ. Forgive me if the request is in poor taste for these forums.

Prototaph
Prototaph
Posted at

On a further note, I'm a big johnny player (anyone follow Magic enough to know what that is?) so quirky combos and odd card interactions are my bread and butter. I built a blue red deck that wins by supplimenting drawing cards with dealing damage (Words of War from Onslaught). It's fun.

Prototaph
Prototaph
Posted at

Even though I hate posting after myself multiple times, and it is probably in some kind of internet etiquette breach (expecting a lock), but I also wanted to offer trading of cards to any Magic players out there. Judging by the responses, though, they either aren't talking or only veteran, ex-players are here. Either way, ok.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.