Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Anybody watch a movie and it makes you want to make a daughter?

Posted at

So I bought Sympathy for Mister Vengeance the other night, this movie is the first of three in the Vengeance Trilogy. Perhaps some of you have heard of Oldboy? That's the second in the series, followed by Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

Anyways, so I'm watching this movie, which is awesome, by the way, (SPOILER!) and a little girl dies on accident after the main character is burying his sister who commits suicide after learning the little girl was kidnapped to ensure a big ransom for the sister's operation. The next scene after that is the little girl's father who's standing over his daughter's body. So I felt and urge to mate with my girlfriend to make a daughter XD Am I the only one who this could possibly happen to? It's a powerful movie, to me, apparently, lol. Needless to say, I don't have a daughter, but still want one just because of this movie.

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

wow that really is a powerful movie ^^ - I have never seen a movie that would want to make me conceive a child

Posted at

So after watching a movie about girls getting kidnapped, dying, and committing suicide, it makes you want to have one? :| I can't wait to have kids of my own and be devastated when they die.

Posted at

Hahahaha, it's not that, it's just I can understand the emotions the father went through seeing his little girl laying there lifeless. Real powerful movie. A real cool part is when the main character (SPOILER!) gets his revenge on the black market organ dealers after they take his kidney and leave him naked. They didn't even leave him in a tub full of ice!!! lol. I digress. I want kids before 2012 XD

Posted at

wow that really is a powerful movie ^^ - I have never seen a movie that would want to make me conceive a child

I was a little mind f***ed about it the first time I watched it.

Posted at

Sorry, anytime a child dies is sad, even when you're made of stone like me, and Master, apparently, lol. Every freakin' body dies in that movie. Korean's are effed up.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Lots of things make me want to have children. But one look at my sister and her children and all those feelings suddenly disappear, replaced by feelings of relief. :)

mlai
mlai
Posted at

If I am to have a child, I'd want a daughter not a son. IMHO boys are extremely annoying. In an annoying sort of way.

Especially since any boy I would have, would most likely turn out just like my father, according to Murphy's Law. I can't f'ing stand my father when I was a kid, and I can't stand him now when I'm an adult.

FYI, I turned out just like his father, which is probably why we can't stand each other.

Posted at

Indeed, when I have children I'm gonna' want a daughter, baby girls are so sweet. It's the teenage years the father has to worry about.

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

you sound young and foolish and probably have no idea what's involved when having a child.

Posted at

…Um…Uh…Well…Er…I guess sometimes I see a movie with a cute kid in it, and feel the desire for a child. But that's because I want to be a mother some day in general, anyway. I know I'm not ready yet, however, as I am still single (and in no way mature enough…) so I don't really think I've ever felt the urge to immediately go at it with a male acquaintance in order to concieve as soon as possible.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Is this thread broody or creepy? I can't decide…

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Sometimes when I watch sitcoms and comedy movies about being married and having kids it makes me think about how I never, ever want to have children.

Posted at

Is this thread broody or creepy? I can't decide…
I don't even know what broody is, but I'm voting creepy anyway.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I don't even know what broody is, but I'm voting creepy anyway.
Broody: "want to make babies" :D

Uses: Brood-mare, Brood-hen…

Mirriam Webster def: 1 : being in a state of readiness to brood eggs that is characterised by cessation of laying and by marked changes in behaviour and physiology

From "brood" i.e. Offspring.
Related to "breed"

I came across the term years and years ago In A Pern novel by Anne McCaffery…

Still, I think creepy's winning.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I came across the term years and years ago In A Pern novel by Anne McCaffery…

Still, I think creepy's winning.
What's so creepy about it?
The next scene after that is the little girl's father who's standing over his daughter's body. So I felt and urge to mate with my girlfriend
Oh, right.

Airman
Airman
Posted at

I don't know about watching a movie where a child dies, but I do know what you mean when you talk about seeing things that make you want to start family.

My wife and I have been married for a little over four years now, and we REALLY want to start having kids. But, because of her school (she's a graduate student at UC Davis Veterinary School) we are holding off. She doesn't want to try to balance pregnancy with med-school (and rightly so!)

However, when we watch T.V., sometimes we will see little kids on commercials and both go… "awwwww…we want babies."

So yeah, I know the feeling you referring too.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.