Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

We were just getting to the finale of the Dodgeball game when DD tanked. I'd like to either continue things to a quick finale, or start over with something else.

There was talk of doing an extreme Road Rally. Any takers?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hi Cresc :D
Jirel my Dodgeball star is getting her own comic. It's a shame about the sudden ending to the dodgeball game. I don't really feel like doing a new extreme games comic at the moment yet though.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Oh dear, I missed the Dodgeball game (yay for my lack of remembering to check the forum!) but I guess I would be up for a game.

However, how do these games go? Do you just draw a random comic of it?

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Quite, quite. I'd be up for another game, but I most likely would be using a different character.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I'm pretty busy with two projects this year, but I'll still be doing Chyler and have time for a game.

The Dodgeball game worked best as a free for all, ie no need to take turns just post a sketch or a completed page of action involving players.

I will probably use Ingrid 07 again, but feel free to create new characters as you like.

I was thinking either a Road Rally, or perhaps an actual themed roleplaying game liek D&D or ShadowRun.

Any suggestions?

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Pair up two artists in a racing competition, kind of like Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Might be neat.

Enef
Enef
Posted at

Heh, i kinda joined the dodgeballe then dissapeared, i'll try not to do that this time if someone gets something started

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

OKay for rules I was thinking something like this.

Each team designs a vehicle and gets an attack value, let's say 9 for now, each lap. (I use an uneven number to encourage team work)

When a team member attacks another team they call how many attacks they are using, 1 to 9. You can attack with 1 point or 9.

Whenever a team scores they get 1 attack point back.

So if you have 4 points, make a 3 point attack, the attacked player loses 3 attack points and you gain 1 point back. Start = 4, Use = 3, Regain = +1, Total = 2

At the end of each lap every team regains up to 9 points. If you are over 9 points you do not gain more, but you don't do use lose any.

If a vehicle reaches 0 points they are out of the race.

Every attack page must have it's intended value posted in the upper righthand corner or it doesn't count.

An attack can be from a mounted firearm, an vehicle ram, a dirty taunt… basically anything you can come up with is fair game.

Each lap will last 2 weeks, maximum of 4 laps.

er… that all sounds more complicated than it really is.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

The Gumshoe 5, prefered mode of tranportation for Wintergreen Tours. Compete with all the amenities of home and a stage on top for a quick concert, this little baby set Wintergreen back a pretty penny. Of course, I suck at drawing cars, so it looks mediocre.

And Wintergreen, the pseudo-Japanese Techno-Rock band.
Cid, Bronx, Mint, Jax and Keiko.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

Awesome I gotta work on a car now

Posted at

I allways up for a game of dodgeball. for some reason i can get hit, 1 time when i was in like this after school program we were playing dodgeball and i was the only one standing i was dodging like the matrix before it came out :D

Blues
Blues
Posted at

Hey there
all the way over from nightgig
I wanna race
working on designs as I'm typing this
although whether I can stay in is completely up to my computer

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

Okay someone suggested something much simpler.

Basically you have have a time limit to post or you "Crash". You can post as much as you like and whenever you like, but if you go 2 weeks without contributing you get eliminated.

Sound good?

Feel free to start introducing characters ala Hero. I'll give it another week for people to join in then start the race.

Posted at

Enlighten me. How on earth do you play dodgeball on the internet?

I'll join if I understand what is going on.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Actually, it seems to have cumlinated into a race. In dodgeball, we eleminated the people who weren't posting first and then proceeded to vote on who left. Well, up until we were shutdown.

The post above seems to explain the rules of the currently planned competition to satisfaction. I'm fine with those rules.

Posted at

Actually, it seems to have cumlinated into a race. In dodgeball, we eleminated the people who weren't posting first and then proceeded to vote on who left. Well, up until we were shutdown.

The post above seems to explain the rules of the currently planned competition to satisfaction. I'm fine with those rules.
:o :( Hm…I'm not sure I understand the rules. I guess I sorta do…but not really. I have a drawing of a character w/a ball in mind for this game that I drew just now, but wait…were we even supposed to have character drawings…
:?: Sorry I'm easily confused.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Essentially, we just crafted a loose story around the idea of a dodgeball game. :D

From what I can remember, there weren't many rules or things you needed to do. Just sit back and try to play dodgeball with your comic characters.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Le' Sigh.
From what I gather, it's going to be an EXTREME ROAD RALLY.

You'd design a character, their vehicle and all that Jazz. You post wacky comics depicting interaction between yours and other characters. As the race winds down, people who have less posts will be knocked out of the competition and most likely will draw their dramatic exit (aka. car crash, stalled on road, taken out by crazy crime-fighting musicians.) I suppose once so many people are left, the audience can vote on what racer they'd like to see eliminated. To the victor goes the spoils.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

Le' Sigh.
From what I gather, it's going to be an EXTREME ROAD RALLY.

You'd design a character, their vehicle and all that Jazz. You post wacky comics depicting interaction between yours and other characters. As the race winds down, people who have less posts will be knocked out of the competition and most likely will draw their dramatic exit (aka. car crash, stalled on road, taken out by crazy crime-fighting musicians.) I suppose once so many people are left, the audience can vote on what racer they'd like to see eliminated. To the victor goes the spoils.
I gotcha! I gotcha! I understand now, so I need a character and a vehicle. This'll be interesting.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

Hero's got it, you design a character and a vehicle and draw pages depicting them in a race/demolition derby.

Forget the point system, let's just do it on a time limit or you're eliminated. Post as much as you want, whenever you want, but if you exceed 2 weeks without a contribution your fair game for anyone to eliminate you.

Even when you're out it doesn't mean you have to stop drawing, you can always cheer us on from the sidelines.

Also, since I've been asked this. Sketches and one panel entries are perfectly fine, just make it pretty clear whats going on.

Blues
Blues
Posted at

OK here's my racer
Blues: Wombat racer

here are 2 more sketches of my racer as well

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Paul_Blues/Bluesbw1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/Paul_Blues/bluesattackbw.jpg

I'm looking forward to the race :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.