Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Anyone looking forward to Thanksgiving later this month?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I would be except for one thing… I have to attend the thanksgiving celebration hosted by a bunch of turkey… er… relatives on my sister's husband's side of the family. I really don't want to, but then my nieces would be sad if I don't. Can't say no to children, I guess…

I'll bet that minister will be on the radio too telling us how evil Thanksgiving is. He pretty much does it on almost any holiday that's not Christian.

Hopefully this year the turkey the inlaws cook this year won't be dry like an old boot…

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

No!

'cause I'm Canadian yo, we already did that stuff.

Anywho good luck with the in-laws. For my thanksgiving I went to Oktoberfest in Berlin. Hell yeah, beer and schnitzel. Had a normal thanksgiving too, it was killer. We played Rockband.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Wow, Inkmonkey! Now there's an ide… a… er… HEY WAITAMINUTE!!! O_O

lba
lba
Posted at

College student
+
enourmous free meal made by mom
+
extra leftovers to take home
=
hell. yes.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i would, if there were anything but christmas decorations up.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Yeah we already had Thanksgiving over here. My mom forgot to make something for me so I had a pb&j.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I'm not crazy about it. The ride on the parkway is just irritation during the holidays. What's worse is my brother will be late so we can't have the dinner until the weekend. And then there's the Black Friday traffic. Feh!

Posted at

If I get to stay home, and skip the trip over to my grandmother's house for food poisoning…then yes. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.

Posted at

Hell yeah I'm lookin' forward to it. Half the family is fulla musicians, so we almost always get this massive jam band thing goin', then there's the veritable crap-ton of food, and it's always majorly tasty. It always ends up bein' a blast.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Not so much since I developed that allergy to turkey. Though it is nice to see the family even if I have to bring my own food.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I'm looking forward to making Turkey Carcass Stew and munching on that for about two weeks. DELICIOUS

PhilWrede
PhilWrede
Posted at

I actually like spending time with my extended family, and Thanksgiving is probably our best holiday (everyone knows what they're good at making/buying, so they just bring it to my mom's house). We all eat and drink too much and wind up sprawled around the living room talking about strange books we've read and movies we've seen. Cheaper and a lot more fun than Christmas (and without the family history baggage of Easter).

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I have a class assignment where I have to evaluate a house that is not my own. So most likely, that will happen during Thanksgiving.

Posted at

Hell yes! Visiting a Native American reservation and making them relive the scourge of the white man is gonna be soooo fun! We're gonna give em blankets laced with the swine flu!!! :)

In reality it's gonna be another lame Thanksgiving. Hooray…

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Not so much since I developed that allergy to turkey. Though it is nice to see the family even if I have to bring my own food.

I take it you can't eat carved ham either? My inlaws here not only serve turkey (whic is small compared to…), but we also have roast pig… which I can't eat. T_T

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Yeah we already had Thanksgiving over here. My mom forgot to make something for me so I had a pb&j.

Thats so sad! You should make urself a second thanksgiving feast to make up for it!

Here in Japan no one has an oven big enough to make a turkey, so we ordered one from this little brunch place in Tokyo owned by a Canadian dude who's really cool (it's called "Good Old Grub" if you're ever in the area).

All of my friends from America (about 6 of us) were assigned a dish each, and we're gonna get together and just eat it all! You can't imagine how excited I am :)

Then we'll all go out for karaoke, I mean, because you can't have a party in Tokyo without karaoke.

sakebento
sakebento
Posted at

I love Thanksgiving! It's such a laid back holiday. None of the insanity that hits the "big" holidays, but all the happiness and good food that comes with it. Plus I absolutely love cooking, so this is like a super paradise for me. XD

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Then we'll all go out for karaoke, I mean, because you can't have a party in Tokyo without karaoke.
*approves this post*

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Thats so sad! You should make urself a second thanksgiving feast to make up for it!

Here in Japan no one has an oven big enough to make a turkey, so we ordered one from this little brunch place in Tokyo owned by a Canadian dude who's really cool (it's called "Good Old Grub" if you're ever in the area).

All of my friends from America (about 6 of us) were assigned a dish each, and we're gonna get together and just eat it all! You can't imagine how excited I am :)

darned… if I could remember it I'd give you the recipe I used to make. It involved pulling ALL OF THE BONES out of the turkey, stuffing it, then tying it all closed with tape before baking it. I actually used to do this with chicken before my oven broke. :(

Too bad you can't just fly out to Guam and have Thanksgiving here. :)

Posted at

A week and a half to do nothing but be lazy. Hell yeah im ready to go!8D :sleepy: can't wait to sleep all day and party all night

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

A week and a half to do nothing but be lazy. Hell yeah im ready to go!8D :sleepy: can't wait to sleep all day and party all night

*thinks of sending a french maid to this guy's house to kick him awake every morning. >:-)

Posted at

*thinks of sending a french maid to this guy's house to kick him awake every morning. >:-)

Wow you just fulfilled my christmas wish thanks Lonnehart. Nothings better than aggressive french maid

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.