Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Anyone need an artist

Posted at

I'm looking to do a webcomic. I'm open to all genres, including mature comics,as long as you pay me. Here's a link to my art http://mr-vengence.deviantart.com/

Page rate:
4 panel gag strip - $10
Full page - $20

Contact me here or e-mail me at Action.Bastard07@gmail.com

Posted at

Dud thats alot of Cash man.

there is alot of us that will draw for free.

IF you want to get payed to draw a comic then you should at least show some of your work.

Posted at

IF you want to get payed to draw a comic then you should at least show some of your work.
But he is. http://mr-vengence.deviantart.com

I like many others couldn't afford that rate though.

Posted at

I don't think I'm really charging that much(I'm pretty sure I'm charging too little.) Considering I spent about 10 hours each on these two pages

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/Action_bastard/Page1-1.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/Action_bastard/Page2.jpg

I think you'd be getting you're monies worth.

$20(or $10 depending on the comic) for 10 hours of work is waaaay more than fair.

And your comment on artist working for free…well you get what you pay for.

Posted at

Well I never said anything about your price being unreasonable. Just that many of us can't afford that rate since many of us are students or people who have to worry about crap like mortgage and utility bills. Have you talked to studios about being hired full time?

Posted at

Well it's up to the individual if they they can afford me or not. And I'm charging per page, not per week, so if someone wants me to do one full page a week then that's $20 for that week. Or if they want 2 full pages a week, then that's $40 a week, and so on. I don't see how that's too much. Not to mention that I'm only charging $10 for a 4 panel gag strip, which is charging next to nothing.

What studios?

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

Well it's up to the individual if they they can afford me or not. And I'm charging per page, not per week, so if someone wants me to do one full page a week then that's $20 for that week. Or if they want 2 full pages a week, then that's $40 a week, and so on. I don't see how that's too much. Not to mention that I'm only charging $10 for a 4 panel gag strip, which is charging next to nothing.

What studios?

studios as in places that actually have money to hire artist. :/

you could try posting on craigslist. a lot of people look for commissions there, and 9 out 10 of them are willing to pay.

Posted at

Wail i am a artist SO if i need anything drawn i can do it myself (not saying you are bad) BUT it would be a wast of money wan i could draw it myself.

So i will keep you with this

good luck on geting some one to hire you.

I hope some day i will get payed for my art as wail.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I meant what specific studios

I think you have to do that kind of research yourself.

As I said in your last thread, most webcomics don't make any money. And so they would be unable to pay you.
If you're looking to make money, do what those guys said and look into places that can actually afford to hire artists. If you want to make a webcomic, don't expect or ask for money right away.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

With respect, I think you're looking for something here that doesn't really exist.
Essentially there's the major and minor publishers; majors pay the full page rate and minors may have a slightly lower rate or strike deals where they publish, you have creative ownership and they don't pay page rates.

Nobody is going to offer $20 for a page though - that would be considered an insult. If you're up to the standard then approach Marvel or Dark Horse or Image etc according to their submission guidelines. Below that level, nobody is paying for art - there's no way to work your way up the wage scale - you're either in or you're out.

If you're serious about honing your craft and meeting the requirements, working with a writer to produce a body of work is a good way to go - just don't expect to get paid for it.

Posted at

I appreciate all the comments. But if you're not here to offer me a job, please don't post in this thread.

Thank you

Posted at

Actually thats a prefectly reasonable price to charge and in all fairness if he wanted to do his own webcomic he would, he wouldnt need to ask people to pay him he would just reate it. What hes offerring is if anyone out there wants someone to draw THEIR webcomic because they cant draw and want it to come out good quality, I'm afraid you should really pay as that person will be creating YOUR project not theirs.

In a hypothetical sense, what makes YOU so special that you should be able to get free work done for you. If you are someone looking for an artist to draw your webcomic with little to no creative input when it comes to script/characters etc. and you just want them to do what you want then you should really pay for the service, in the same way if you are an artist who wants someone to write for their sepcific project you should really pay a writer for a script. This guy isnt looking for people who can already draw so why say "i can draw anyway why would i pay?" well let me ask you this: why are you lookiing at a post that is titled "anyone need an artist?" if you can draw for yourself?

He is simply offering a service to anyone who wants to pay to ensure good quality work for a set price, because in the end an artist you dont pay for has absolutley no ties or obligation to work for you and can easily just get up and walk away or produce sub par material

However Drunk duck forums arent the best place to hire yourself out craiglist.com would be much better suited to you artists have a good chance of getting hired there

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.