Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

This thread I have opened is the appreciation upon this website. After all the hate that is happening as of late, we should learn to appreciate this website and the admins and the users themselves.

I know that some would come in and say: "You've opened this thread for attention." That's when you're wrong. This thread isn't about me. This thread is about appreciation and I highly appreciate this website with everything.

I know, it has so many bugs but with all the bugs it has, I still love this place. It's one of my favorite websites and the amount of great comics that it has. I still do have big faith with this site that it would become better than it was before and all it needs is time. I'm ready to wait and no matter how long… I'm still appreciating this place.

The comics in here are great and I know, there are so many amatuerish or even worse whether it's art, writing, or/and both but what the heck… it's nice to find a place where you can belong.

And I would conclude… Drunkduck forever and I would love to give words of encouragement to the site admins that are doing so hard to keep this website. I <3 this site and I'm gonna be one of your members as long as this website stays alive and kicking. :)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Y'know they say the Ford Pinto would have been the safest car for it's time if they invested in a rubber insert that would prevent the gas tank from dropping.

For those that don't get the analogy: Great site, could be better, but at this point I'm using what I expect and that's fine by me. Hurrahs and yahoos around, or whatever you kids are into nowdays.

Blues
Blues
Posted at

I appreciate that the buttons I click on usually work

Posted at

Like lefarce, I say that this is a great site (it's simple and easy to understand and use, and there's rarely any trouble with it), but it could be better. Still, it works and it keeps me coming back, so it's going something right. :)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

It works, but it's totally going to blow up one day.

But I mean it works now (more or less), so thank God for that.

Yeeeeeeeeeaaah!

Posted at

At least the blast will be spectacular.

I really do love the Duck. It's an error filled mess, held together with spit and gum, but, as cliché and cheesy as this sounds, it's our error filled mess, held together with spit and gum.

Also, I'm really too lazy to figure out other free comic sites, and too much of a skinflint to spend money on my own hosting.

Posted at

Yes this site does need praising, and the admins do need thanking!!!! So, thank you, thank you, thank you *hugs all
I have said many, many times, if it was not for this site, I would not be drawing comics any longer! This site is the peripheral poop!

I know, it has so many bugs but with all the bugs it has, I still love this place. It's one of my favorite websites and the amount of great comics that it has. I still do have big faith with this site that it would become better than it was before and all it needs is time. I'm ready to wait and no matter how long… I'm still appreciating this place.

As everything on this planet of ours.. it’s not perfect! It does need improvements, but the goods do out weigh the bads.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

DD has always been there for me and for that I say 'It is awesome'

Posted at

It works, but it's totally going to blow up one day.

Hasn't it already blown up?

…TWICE?

That being said, after having to go through and reload my entire archives after such crashes, I'm still here. Why? Because I agree, I love it here.

There's problems.

So what?

I've tried two other hosting sites, and they've had just as much trouble as DD…well, more I think because I'm only on DD anymore. But nobody's perfect and shit happens.

I'm not much of a forum-goer (my post count is so very sad) but I love the community here, and I love the fact that everyone's invited. (When I joined Keenspace, it took them six months to set up my account…yes…I actually joined Keenspace…I'm ashamed of me too.)But I love the people here, so as long as they tolerate me here, I'm staying.

Posted at

I wouldn't be doing webcomics if the existence of Drunkduck hadn't motivated me to. And doing webcomics makes me very, very happy. Drunkduck has actually made my life better. I can't really put it any other way.

There's certainly room for improvement, and I do wish the bugs would get fixed, but I can't really think of a better alternative. I have my stuff up on Comicspace too, and nobody ever reads it there, it's frustrating.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Just think of all the free stuff here.

You get your comics hosted for free, you get to read comics for free.

As for quality of what you read it doesnt matter if there is like 10% of them you consider decent enough. You get what you pay for (which is nothing).

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

I agree. And the bugs are really only annoying the first time you run into them. It's a shame they can't be fixed so that newcomers don't have to struggle with them (and wonder if they're doing something wrong!) but, once you know they're there, you just avoid them or work around them. (Well … the ones that have workarounds!)

I've said this in other threads but, for me, the sense of community here is second to none, and certainly outweighs the downsides of any bugs. I run my comic at my own site and with another collective and, although I do have a fairly loyal readership at both, neither of them provides anything like the amount of feedback I get here.

I raise my glass to you, sirs. And sir-esses.

ttyler
ttyler
Posted at

Being artists and creators, wether it be in written form, illustrated form, painted, etc, is sometimes a hard, lonley life. Artists spend hour upon hour, and dawn until dusk,, creating and perfecting their craft and love.
It is through the reader and or fan, that sparks us to continue in many cases. Meeting or speaking with those, who like your work, fuels us to do more, make it better, and to fully bring to life, worlds and environments, that would not exsist if not for showcases like Drunk Duck. We can't all afford to publish our work….especially nowadays.
There is Community here, giving us the knowledge that we are not alone. That There are others who share our same passions and needs to create, whatever the costs.
Even though I am brand new to this, I love it here and I hope to continue to create here, as long as people continue to want to read my work.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I think everyone who built and nurtured and promoted this site, from Volte to all the admins and moderators, deserve praise for making this into a community to be proud of. Sure, it's not perfect but I don't know a community that is. The type of personalities that are attracted to this place and the comics that have sprouted from here are wildly varied but there's something for everyone. For the first time, I've been able to communicate with and interact with other webcomic artists, and that's very significant for me.

Thanks, DD!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

DD makes me feel like I'm cuddling a puppy. =3

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I love DD!
It is great, for being able to comment and be commented upon! before I used DD I couldn't legitimately do fanart, because all the other comics I read had impersonal authors (often because of their popularity, but whatever!)
DD allows me to have contact with authors of comics befriend them, and, if I can, even help them. (Although I'm really not that great.)

DD is the sh*t.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Well I mean look at Smackjeeves, it's system is far superior to DD, hand-made for the user, few bugs, great html system- yet it lacks the mature fanbase DD has brought up which is why it isn't more popular.
I'm happy that DD gives you a good chance at popularity if you don't have a BL webcomic.

Posted at

To me, DrunkDuck is to webcomic writers, artists, and readers as MySpace is to normal(?) people.

DrunkDuck is nice. I like it.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

I love drunkduck. It did inspire me to do more with comics and realize my own talents. But…it's not really worth appreciating seeing how the higher ups don't even really care about it. If it died tomorrow, or if I got a ban…it wouldn't really matter. Sad really, I can't have the same feelings as the majority of users. :(

Posted at

In all seriousness though, the HTML templates is pretty cool. It's actually why I signed up here in the first place.

Posted at

Drunk Duck is ten times better than Smackjeeves. Comic sans font and a forced front page that doesn't have the comic on it? bleargh. And ComicGenesis, when was the last time they updated their systems? 1998?.
Volte should hurry up and get these things fixed so the duck can come flying out this awful rut that webcomic sites tend to fall into. Then those other two hosts won't even come close to rivaling this place and I won't have to feel guilty about linking people to it.

(Then there's that other place which I feel has already overtaken the DD but not many people seem to know about it…)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Yeah, I love DD.
I'm just not too fond of the bugs and whatnot.
But DD still is a great site. I once joined Smack Jeeves.
I didn't have a clue what the hell was going on!

Posted at

Well I mean look at Smackjeeves, it's system is far superior to DD, hand-made for the user, few bugs, great html system- yet it lacks the mature fanbase DD has brought up which is why it isn't more popular.
I'm happy that DD gives you a good chance at popularity if you don't have a BL webcomic.

What she said^

Personally I just love DD for the people involved with the site and forum. Even if you may get a few rotten ones once and while doesn't really hurt anything you feel for the rest of the active members of DD.

I wouldn't trade DD for SmackJeeves, ever. I rather have bugs and some decent/awesome friends than deal with a site that probably won't give two sh!ts about you.

Yet… I did lol a little when Skullbie went a little too long about how great SJ's site is with the lack of bugs and whatnot. xD

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.