Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Are there any food dishes you've been wanting to try recently?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

One of the local restaurants (I think it was Chili's, which just opened recently) has this dessert dish I've been wanting to try. They call it a "chocolate volcano". Basically hot chocolate cake with icing and this chocolate sauce over it. I really REALLY want to try it, but my blood sugar would go through the roof and then some (say hello to Diabetic Coma… but I'm exaggerating). Maybe when I've got the extra money and time I'll go and order just that. And those new Angus Burgers from the local McDonalds too. That Mushroom Swiss burger looks pretty tempting. Of course, eating that also invites my liver to totally crash from the cholesterol (I'm exaggerating again).

Are there any dishes you've been wanting to try, but haven't yet at the moment? (doesn't have to be from a restaurant).

Posted at

For the past couple years I've wanted to try rabbit. I can get one from my butcher, but the idea of having a whole rabbit body (cleaned) to work with is a little intimidating and I'd probably make a mess of it. Somehow I never end up in upscale restauraunts where rabbit… medallions or something might be on the menu.

I find it hard to get excited about chain restaurant offerings, no offense. to use your example, McDonald's might have some kind of black angus burger, but it's still just going to be McDonald's food cooked with McDonald's processes. I could grill my own aberdeen angus burger after a stop by the store. Their fries are a guilty pleasure, I'll admit, but I usually enjoy my own food a lot more than chain places. :] (I can't cook up fancy restaurant place stuff though, hence the rabbit problem.)

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

We just got a new insect museum (and istectarium? something like that). They've got a restaurant that serves bugs. You can see where I'm goin' with this.

Posted at

For the past couple years I've wanted to try rabbit.

You're not missing much. It's very boney and greasy.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Rabbits. Hmm, I like them better as fluffy bunnies rather than headless, skinless, red muscular corpses. -_-
That could apply to any animal I suppose, but I rarely see a whole semi-recognisable carcass of any of the others in a butcher shop window.

I'd like to try venison and kangaroo. I've never really bothered to try either, but I'd like to. Particularly venison in a red wine sauce. The idea appeals to me. :)

Posted at

Ever since that dumb Marmite/Vegemite debate started I've wanted to try a Vegemite sandwich. Unfortunately that's the sort of thing you have to go way out of your way to get in the US.

Posted at

I'd like to try venison and kangaroo.
I'm surprised that you haven't eaten kangaroo, given your current residence. I, myself have had kangaroo and I live on the other side of the world.

I'm quite content with my current list of delicacies that I've consumed over my life. I have to admit though, ever since I hear that they discovered a preserved woolly mammoth in the frozen tundras of Siberia, I've been curious to know how they taste like. Let's hope they'll manage to mass clone them, one day.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Vegemite sandwich.
It's an experience meant to be savoured!
I'm surprised that you haven't eaten kangaroo, given your current residence. I, myself have had kangaroo and I live on the other side of the world.
That's why ;)
Australians don't really eat much of the native flora and fauna. We have a traditional European diet, that's based on the English model but has of course been altered and changed with immigration from different parts of the world over time- mainly South Asia.

Things like kangaroo are mainly exported or fed to pets. Honestly, it's not much of a local dish, no matter what some Aussies will try to pretend.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'm quite content with my current list of delicacies that I've consumed over my life. I have to admit though, ever since I hear that they discovered a preserved woolly mammoth in the frozen tundras of Siberia, I've been curious to know how they taste like. Let's hope they'll manage to mass clone them, one day.

From the descriptions I've heard, they taste like rotten meat. Then again, the thing was frozen for thousands of years so…

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

There's this amazing cake place downtown. I want to try every cake that they have.

Unfortunately it's super expensive so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Ever since I saw it on t.v., or perhaps metal gear solid 3, I've always wanted to kill and eat a snake.

Raw.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

BTW, is that ratatouille dish one of those all vegetable dishes? It looks like something I want to try. I'm not a vegetarian (gotta have meat, especially BBQ) but I tend to eat more vegetables than meat when I'm cooking for myself.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ever since I saw it on t.v., or perhaps metal gear solid 3, I've always wanted to kill and eat a snake.

Raw.
Eh, you sure? It'll only give you a minimal amount of health.
Ha.

I imagine the experience would be rather unsatisfying.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I'm with you, PatrickDevine! Except I know exactly where to find Vegemite (it's just on the other end of town), I just haven't done it yet.

I would also, one day, like to get the guts to try puffer fish.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'm with you, PatrickDevine! Except I know exactly where to find Vegemite (it's just on the other end of town), I just haven't done it yet.

I hear there's a restaurant in Southern Japan that serves that dish, and they haven't lost a customer for a long while. I also hear that it's extremely expensive; you need to get a life insurance policy or something before trying it just in case…

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Raw.
Eh, you sure? It'll only give you a minimal amount of health.
Ha.

I imagine the experience would be rather unsatisfying.

Lul. You're both right. I can see my health bar barely moving up and my stamina going down due to the taste.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Eating any meat raw is very risky. You don't know what's in there. But I guess with a guy like Snake raw meat is a necessity… Cooked snakemeat tastes like chicken to me, though.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

We just got a new insect museum (and istectarium? something like that). They've got a restaurant that serves bugs. You can see where I'm goin' with this.

man, i wouldnt mind giving that a try! have you gone there yet?

Posted at

You can have puffer fish– I have no desire to eat something potentially lethal. And I don't eat fish. Though I'll stand by to call poison control while you eat if you need.

Posted at

My dad tried puffer fish, complete with just the right amount of tetrodotoxin to make your tongue tingle without plunging you into death-like paralysis.

To answer the topic, I've been in China for a year and will be for another, and being from Los Angeles, I crave Mexican food more than I can convey with mere words.

Posted at

As sad as it sounds, I've always wanted to try curry. It looks delicious :O

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I've always kind of wanted to try okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza/pancakes). I know I'd want the kind with egg on top, but I don't know what else I'd put on it. XD I can never find the sauce for it anywhere though.

As sad as it sounds, I've always wanted to try curry. It looks delicious :O
Tried it. I liked it, but I didn't find it to be anything amazing. Very spicy.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Banana pancakes. It's not very extravagant, but I love pancakes and I like to try different kinds. Another thing I wish to try and will probably never be able to stomach in a million years is a cheeseburger pizza…I can dream :p.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.