Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Artist Needed for Major Crossover Comic

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Allow me to tell you…..the tragic tale, of a boy, with a dream, but couldn't draw to save his life.

It began in his middle school years, when he had a small group of friends. He had recently seen an excellently drawn Grim Reaper, and decided to create a character, with that idea in mind.

Years passed, and many ideas were added, but the boy had no outlet to create his idea.

He tried to sprite comics, but those quickly fell.

He wrote fanfiction for many a month, and he felt that they did well, but it wasn't right.

……….

OK, the short version is that I need an artist for my idea.

The idea will be explained once an artist has been chosen.

In other words……

HELP!

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

…….point taken.

Hindsight, 20/20.

OK, here's the gist of it:

The main character(whose name I'm still thinking about) is the God of Time, working for a larger group of gods. He is led by Death(as in the Grim Reaper), and is assigned various missions throughout the multiverse, not the least of which is getting revenge upon a certain creature.

I know it may sound boring at first, but it'll work out great!

Really.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Ah well. You've got a lot of stuff to do, I guess.

Thanks anyway!

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Can I see some of your work?

Rainyday2
Rainyday2
Posted at

Sure! Um, I'm not the best at drawing cool special effects, but I can draw people and things. I do best with anime/manga, but I can draw other things too.
Here are some examples…

(The sketch for the cover for one of my comics)

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Wow. Those are really good.

But I plan on this being an action story. With blood and fighting and all that. How good are you with that?

gigafelz
gigafelz
Posted at

draw some stick figures and make a sample comic. I think it would be hard for anyone to make a decision about working with you without a sample of your writing.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Well, I would, if I had any idea how to get that on the computer.

So, unfortunately, that can't happen.

gigafelz
gigafelz
Posted at

then I'd probably recomend just posting a script… for all we know right now you could be the next Hemingway or… have the storytelling abilities of a newt.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Ah, yes. Of course.

OK, this is a bit of dialogue between the main character(who for now we'll call Toki) and Osaka(of Azumanga Daioh fame).

It should be noted that Toki has telepathic abilities, so this takes place after reading Osaka's mind.

Toki: (stares, dumbfounded)
Osaka: What?
Toki: (snickers, tries very hard not to laugh) Er, don't take this personally, but I can't decide if you're the most brilliant person I've met, or the craziest.
Osaka: (looks confused)
Toki: Well, nice meeting you. See ya!
(walks away)
Toki: (to himself)Mental note: The next time I have the urge to get high, I find her.

It's not much, but it's what I could come up with on the spot.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Figured I should update this so that someone can think about this.

The main character(who I've decided to call Toki) is a member of the Clan of the Reapers, gods serving under Life and Death. They usually go out and do various missions to benefit the multiverse.

Toki himself is the God of Time, and is serving under Death. While performing missions, he's also out searching for the one who destroyed his entire home, to take his revenge.

I plan on beginning the story after he's completed his revenge, so as not to force you guys to deal with a brooding loner-type persona.

Now, because the story takes place in the multiverse, the comic will feature many different anime, manga, TV shows, comics, and video games. So far, the ones I've decided to include are:

Teen Titans: not the comic, the TV show. This will be an important storyline, and probably one of the few we'll go back to.

Azumanga Daioh: laugh if you will, but as I've said, it's hilarious. Besides, I want to try a storyline that doesn't involve supernatural problems.

Hellsing: I'll be honest with you. Everything I know about this show, I got from Wikipedia. So, if we do it, it'll be very short.

FullMetal Alchemist: I can't help but love this anime. I'll probably include the movie too if this is done.

Legend of Zelda: The storyline itself will be Twilight Princess, although there will be references to Oot and MM during the whole story.

Naruto: This will be a biggie. I'm thinking, whole-storyline-type-of-thing. Lots of fighting. Yes.

Kinnikuman: This will most likely be in a flashback at best. I just really want to do this.

That's about all I thought of so far, although I want to include more. So, anyone interested?

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

C'mon people, please! Help me out here!

I'm begging you, on bending knee, to help me!

What more can I give you to convince you how badly I want to do this?

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Really? Can I see some of your work?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.