Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Artist needed for real life comic

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

I brought up this idea a couple of months back, and I've decided that it's something I want to do. At the moment I'm teaching at two primary schools and it's my first year out of uni. So things are a bit interesting at the moment. I want to make a comic that shows some of my experiences at school and with the kids. It will include the funny bits but also the hard bits. The writing will just be me telling you what happened and it will be up to the artist to interpret how to express this visually. So that's what I’m looking for, an artist. You'll have a heap of freedom and the only thing I ask is that you’re regular. So let me know if you're interested.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I am kind of interested, if possible I'd like a couple stories in advance to see if it's good or not…

check No Heroes for the artstyle and if you are interested pq me.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

Let more share a few stories with everyone, so that you can see more of what I'm talking about. Keep in mind I've only been teaching for a couple of weeks.

I was reading a storey to the reception kids (the youngest I have) and it was about a duck called Sticky Beak. The duck was in a cardboard box and put into the car, with the seatbelt around the box. I asked the kids why did they put the seatbelt around the box and one kid said "so the police don’t get angry with the duck".

Today, I was singing "dur-glumph went the little green frog one day" and jumping up and down with the children. It was almost home time and every time I jumped off of the ground, I noticed more and more parents watching me through the window.

I just started a job as an art teacher at a new school. 5mins before I started the lesson, one of the teachers came up to me and said, "you adapted you lesson for the blind student, right?" I didn't know there was a blind kid in my class.

Also at a the new school, I had a class that was horrid. One kid got in a huff and stormed off, they kept running off to go to the loo and one kid had to be taken away by the principle for saying, "the fat kid's probably masturbating". That was a really hard class.

And, (with my receptions again) they had to ask questions about movement, so that we can find the answers together, one kid cam up with "how does a cat lick its-self?"

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.