Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Posted at

First off, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum section in which to pose this question.

When I upload an avatar in my account, it seems to go off into oblivion when I hit the "Send" button and doesn't immediately replace my original avatar. Am I to assume the uploaded avatar requires mod/admin approval before it gets accepted? If so, no biggy- just curious.

I tried refreshing my browser, even opening and closing it, to see if it was just a matter of the server needing time to acknowledge it or something.

(At the time of this posting, I see my avatar was successfully replaced with my own Drunk Duck animated GIF that I created. But still, I wouldn't mind knowing what happens to delay the upload)

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

your browser cached the old version. next time try deleting your browser cache and it should be instant.

Posted at

yeah I had the same exact thing happen to me once.

nice animation you got there going on!

Posted at

your browser cached the old version. next time try deleting your browser cache and it should be instant.
Thanks, Volte6. I'll do that next time.

Posted at

nice animation you got there going on!
Thanks, Aurora Moon. Actually, I "borrowed" the duck pic from the DD store in here, cropped it out in Photoshop (re-drew the eyes to look drunk as well). Then I imported that into Flash where I created the animation for it, a simple bursting bubbles effect as you'd see around any cartoony drunk character. Converted this into an animated GIF and VOILA!

I dunno, as the name of this community implies, I just figured the duck needed to LOOK drunk, not angry or sober as it appears in some of the renditions in here (meaning no disrespect to the artist(s) of those creations, of course. I'm sure there must've been some sorta rationale behind those designs).

I'm only using this as an avatar to this specific forum, so to any concerned out there please don't worry about infringements. Consider this a 'fan art' piece, only animated.

Posted at

He doesn't look angry to me. He looks hip, cool and classy. Kinda like a duck version of the Fonz.

Posted at

He doesn't look angry to me. He looks hip, cool and classy. Kinda like a duck version of the Fonz.
Perception versus reality.

Posted at

Croikies, just found the answer to all of this in another section in here. SORRY for the misplacement of this thread! I will scan through the site in more detail next time before possibly posting erroneously in a wrong section, or failing to see any of my concerns already having been addressed elsewhere in here.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.