Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Baby jesus cried: we actually need rules for this forum now

Posted at

Hey guys, in case you didn't notice, this is the forum for welcoming people to Drunk Duck. A person's thread here may likely be their very first post on this forum. The last thing we want is to be unwelcoming in this forum (that's what Top Drawer is for, right?), and unfortunately I have seen a bit too much unwelcome-ness-ity here lately. :(

New folks: If you're new to Drunk Duck (or just new to the forums) feel free to make a thread introducing yourself! The forums and its members can be fun and usually most folks are happy to say hi and perhaps have a peek at your comic. (However if your only purpose is to get people to look at your comic, consider the 'Hey Everyone Look What I Did' forum.) Most people here are nice, we promise.

Banners/signatures:
Please keep signature images around 480x60 (wide by tall), and under 70 KB.

Basically the full size cannot cross over into the white area. A banner can be long and short or stocky and tall.
(file size below 70k)

Old folks: No picking on someone because they make a sprite comic, because they don't have perfect grammar or spelling, because their comic isn't up to your standards, because they use Japanese words, etc. There is a diversity of comics and people at Drunk Duck, and being snide or immediately jumping on someone to correct them about things or tell them you think people like them are dumb and/or annoying, is called 'being a jerk.' In case you didn't notice, that violates the only real rule of these forums. (Also note: Sarcasm and facetiousness are often lost in text, so it's best not to be sarcastic on the forums because it just makes you look like a jerk.)

It's not so much to ask. As one poster aptly put it:

Look, I find typing like a fourteen-year-old in an AOL chat room as irritating as anyone else, but really, more annoying is a person who feels the need to shame and humiliate a total stranger for something that, in the cosmic scheme of things, is easily ignored and doesn't hurt anyone.

This isn't the 'please assess me and my comic' forum, there are other times and places for that. People shouldn't be posting here for crtiticism, they are here to say hi. Please keep that in mind. :)

Also, don't forget to read the general forum rules!

Juliechan
Juliechan
Posted at

In the short time I've been here I have seen more than enough negitive comments on some people's webcomics.
I'm glad you're taking action and posting about it. :D I think that needs to be done in a LOT of places; And I'm glad people on drunkduck.com to get it out there to tell people to knock it off.
Kudos to you.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

How dare you people make Baby me cry! Its an outrage! it an….an…..Ooooo is that a sleeping hooke-oh wai no shes dead……..hmmmm does it really matter >>?

**drags dead body away**

Posted at

Much apreciated thank you!

Draco109
Draco109
Posted at

very reasonable rules, not too strict not too loose.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

There should be a time-limit-thing. Like, you can't introduce yourself if you are three months old, or something like that. I haven't introduced myself, and if you disagree with me, I will make a thrend to introduce myself. Even though I've been here for a little over a year.

Megacherv
Megacherv
Posted at

The only comments for my comic are my comments and criticism. Even one of my MSN contacts (whos also a member) has had a go at me. Oh, one more thing, why did you call the thread "Baby jesus cried"

Posted at

The only comments for my comic are my comments and criticism. Even one of my MSN contacts (whos also a member) has had a go at me. Oh, one more thing, why did you call the thread "Baby jesus cried"

I'm sorry that's happening. :[ Unfortunately some people take a dim view of sprite comics. You can report any comments that are left and we'll delete them, and if you let us know of any regular harrassers, we can give them warnings and freeze their accounts and so on if they don't leave you alone. :) We don't put up with people harrassing one another on DD.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

We need rules for the Introduction Thread?

YOU FOOLS!

Don't you know that by making baby Jesus cry, a kitten dies?

Think of the kittens, and quit being so damn critical!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

And everytime a kitten dies… It's one less kitten I can kill.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Exactly! See-….wait, what?

Dude. I knew you were evil, but……it's a kitten!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Does that make China evil too?

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Well, that would all depend on whether or not the rumours were true.

marine
marine
Posted at

And everytime a kitten dies… It's one less kitten I can kill.

I really wish the world had more animals for us to kill.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

OK, you people officially sicken me.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Why cats? What did cats ever do to you?!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

They frickin' meowed, that's what.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Maybe so, but I greet more people than you.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

What's wrong with that?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

What's wrong with that?

And what the heck do you got to say about that?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.