Moonlight meanderer

Back. Probably no in black. [Features holiday ramblings]

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I'm back. Ta-da. It's good to be back

Bonus: My holiday

Stage 1, flight 1 - London to Kuala Lumpur

Well, this was my first flight for about two years and my little cousins' first flight ever. So I had to reassure them in the airport that nothing will go wrong and nothing bad will happen. Well except for the 'Malinjas'. Small laugh and giggles as I entertained them with legends and myths about the Malinjas such as hiding in the luggage of unsuspecting passengers and killing them on the spot. And that they're afraid of Tuesdays.

And then, I saw the best thing ever in the airport. Japanese school girls, still in their uniforms. I thought it was an urban myth. I felt all squishy inside.

The flight itself was myeh, nothing eventful as I slept through most of it.

Stage 2, Destination Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

It was good seeing my cousins from Malaysia again. Since the last time I came there, I have now become slimmer and taller, which was surprising to them. Unfortunately, my family would only be there for a few days.

Then, shock horror came after the first day. I lost my DS recharger that I had brought along for the holiday. And then something worse came up. They didn't have a working internet connection.

After the bad stuff, we decide to pick up where we left off two years ago: gaming. We started playing Soul Calibur III. A lot. Even though I didn't have a PS2 at home I did get pretty good quick. The funniest thing though is that my 5 year old cousin from England (Jason) defeated my 16 year old cousin from Malaysia (Roger). We also played some other games like Burnout and Smackdown vs. RAW.

In Malaysia, McDonalds has its own delivery service. We ordered some and watched a Kung Pow DVD.

We stayed in KL for a few days, hitting the mall and stuff except for one day, where we stayed in Ipoh to visit my aunt.

After that it was time to go to New Zealand.

Stage 2, Flight 2: Kuala Lumpur to Auckland

I had the best airplane food in my life on this flight. If you get this as an option, ask for the vegetable lasagne, it is delicious. Watched Over The Hedge while in the plane.

And then something bad happened. During landing something went wrong with and I felt a great crushing on my skull. It was so painful that I cried out in pain. My tooth felt like it was bleeding for some reason too. Ouch

Stage 3, Destination New Zealand, Auckland

The city of sails. It was extremely surburban-ish. A lot of bungalows. So I stayed and my cousins house there. I was extremely happy for two reasons. My cousin had a recharger for my DS and he had a working internet connection. But the speed! 28 kbps. Yikes. But I still used it to update my comic.

We went on a road trip on the weekend, going to hotsprings, zoos, volcanos, caves and waterfalls. I also commanded a sheep.

I got my NZ cousins to buy a copy of SCIII for their PS2. I totally honed my skills on it and created a Malinja.

On the next weekend we went bowling and to an arcade. Got 9th place on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and won my game in bowling. I got a strike. I kicked ass. On our last day we went to a theme park. I went on something called the 'Fear fall' An 18 storie drop going 82 km/h. Your cheeks get slapped by a few G's.

My cousin snitched on the last day about me losing the recharger. Ever said 'Fuck you' in Cantanese at a Chinese restaurant out loud? Yep.

Stage 4, Flight 3, Auckland to Kuala Lumpur

Uneventful, nothing to say. All I did was listen to Stadium Arcadium.

Stage 5, Destination Kuala Lumpur

Watched Nacho Libre while sneaking in food from McDonalds. Good Stuff. Kicked butt in SCIII to the point of getting a perfect a few times in a row. We had a water fight and visited an aquarium. There, I got a caricature of myself as Roy Mustang. Yay. On the last day I visited my grandfather's grave.

Stage 6, Flight Kuala Lumpur to London

A sad day for me and my family leaving, so my cousins and I had one last joyride on a trolly before jetting off. I watched Goldmember on the plane.

Like I said, good to be back.

GhostBoy66
GhostBoy66
Posted at

I have no idea who you are. :D But welcome back anyway.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

welcome back, you might have missed the fightsplosions, check it out, and also the site has had a facelifti f you havent noticed yet.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

yeah. aside from a few Fightsplosions (my gnome won his first round :D )
and a few new comics here and there, everything is just about as you left it.
except a HELL of a lot lazier.

Welcome back, Antony!

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Thanks?

Anyway, anything interesting happen when I was gone?

No.

….

Tater got banned.

.: Myxomatosis :.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Erm…thanks Richard.

Tater got banned? Please explain this inevitable yet surprising event.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.