Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Weirdo
Weirdo
Posted at

I just hit my lip against a waterbottle and now its bleeding and it made me think about all the other times I've gotton a bloodly lip. Excluding the ones that happended when i was eating I've had some pretty intresting ones. Like once I fell off the cosco bed and the lady thought i had lost a tooth and gave me a free art set. It was weird but nice.

I want to hear about other peoples bloody tales of grusome injurys.

blu
blu
Posted at

i dont have any. i never leave my room.

>_>

what? no these arent tissue boxes on my feet.. they're clogs..

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

Hight school P.E, I fell off a horse jump box and dislocated mt ankle, it wasn't really as bad as it could have been but it was sill pretty nasy, and painful as hell. Then in all my smarts i re-stapee in back will trying to get up (well, more pulled up) to tell the truth i'm lucky i've not do worse the cluz that i am.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I'm essentially uninjurable.

One time I was the passenger in a car that flipped over and skidded and rolled across three lanes of oncoming traffic before stopping in the ditch on the other side. The driver broke her neck. I was covered in her blood. I had nary a scratch.

I also fell face first out of a truck onto gravel. No blood. And when I was younger I used to fall out of trees and crash bikes all the time. I might have twisted my ankle once. Oh, and our kitchen cabinets (big solid wood things) fell off the wall, but I dodged those.

My "worst injury" was probably when a glass tube broke off in my hand in a chemistry lab in high school. The school nurse gave me stitches. I remember the bleeding wouldn't stop and I felt dizzy. And there was nerve damage, so my finger still tingles in bad weather even 8 years later.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I got kicked in the face and lost a tooth by that. ><

I one time fell on a sharp rock in a fire pit, and ended up sliting my arm open. My mom FREAKED!!! But I got a lloott of pitty from her after that. ^_^

I also had 2 surgerys in my mouth… Don't know if those count…

Weirdo
Weirdo
Posted at

yes strange sugeries do count.

Posted at

I once fell on gravel and cut my lip open, about 5cm open, no joke, i've now got a scar for life on my upper lip

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

Err… I'm prone to bruising, but I never notice until later and then its, "Huh? Where did that come from?"

The worst injury, I think was the time when my bicycle flipped forward at age 6 and I flew face first down a small hill. My chin spilt open and I've had large area of skin being scraped off by the asphlat. I had to go to the hospital to get seven snitches on my chin. After that, being the kid I am, I couldnt resist showing off the blue snitches to everyone at the school. I was proud of the blue snitches! :D

Posted at

I'm also prone to bruising and when i got my stitches i was proud of them :)

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

yes strange sugeries do count.

Sweet! One was to get my tonsule removed, and the other to get my teeth corrected… Which I'm going to have done again… YIP!!!

RentAThug
RentAThug
Posted at

I've broken both of my collarbones (on separate occassions) and sprained both knees and ankles on multiple occassions each. I also had 17 stitches in my left eyebrow after knocking heads with somebody while making a tackle in a rugby game.

Apparently a gaping head wound is low priorty in ERs, though, since I had to sit there for four hours before I got stitched up.

Weirdo
Weirdo
Posted at

One of my teachers told my class a story about how on a windy hailing day she got blown off a bridge and messed up her upper lip. She had to get plastic surgery. O.O

Posted at

I fell like 2 stories from a slide (or something) and cracked some of the tiny bones inside of my wrist area.

I also twisted my ankle while running. I walked it off for 3 days.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I tried to climb a rock-wall and hurt myself once….Put too much strain on my elbows and shoulders, they aren't used to that kind of weight so I ended up bruising my muscles for weeks.

That's about the only injury I remember thus far…also the most painful.

Posted at

When I worked on a farm I had a piece of angle-iron dropped on my head by accident. I probably should have gotten stitches but I didn't. Sadly it's the only permanent scar I have with a halfway decent story and it's covered by my hair. More recently I was learning how to make a journal from an old hardcover book and I clumsily stabbed myself with an awl… oops! There's also countless other times where I crashed my bicycle or angered a tempermental cat.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

In July, I was at work on an airfield around 4am and drove over to a broken up Cessna 402 with no engines and props. I parked the car and got out to take a picture of it for my boss. Suddenly, the car started rolling towards it. I reached out to the door when it shut on my right hand. I was dragged a few feet with my hand caught there. It hit the left wing of the plane and spun it around to where the right wing pushed me back ripping my hand from the car door. My right ring finger was "de-gloved" by the ring I wearing. Basically, it smashed into the skin and stripped my finger which was later amputated just below the first join. My thumb tip was sliced off. That was mostly flesh and a tiny amount of bone. I still have most of my thumb. I also had 5 tendon lacerations in my middle and index fingers…
I also have a big scar from the skin graft they took from my lower forearm to cover the open wounds on my ring finger nub and thumb..

Pretty gruesome eh?
But you know what…….
At least I can draw just fine again =D

Posted at

Ouch, kaminari. I'm glad you can still draw :)

I got hit full force in the face with a metal baseball bat in the third grade. I had a plum sticking out of my cheek for a month.

Also, in gym class last year, I almost broke my foot playing soccer. Some kid fell on me, and my ankle twisted up. It sucked.

I also fell when I was four. I have a scar on my knee from that.

I think that's about it.

Posted at

I had my hand run over by a car :D

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I lost a couple of teeth and got broken both wrists… then had a few bruises in the shoulders and a scraped knee.

And NO I wasnt beaten up…

I was playing in a construction site… and I tripped on a wire then fell down 6 feet in the air face first in the ground. :(

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

When I was three years old I fell down the stairs and lost my two front teeth. After that I didn't have any front teeth for three years. Then when I was six years old I fell down the stairs again and a chunk of my gum fell off and I my two front teeeth started growing back in. Then a year later I fell off a slide and a big chunk of that front tooth chipped off.

I wonder if all this falling has done any permanent damage to me? Miraculously I have yet to break a bone.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

When I was three years old I fell down the stairs and lost my two front teeth. After that I didn't have any front teeth for three years. Then when I was six years old I fell down the stairs again and a chunk of my gum fell off and I my two front teeeth started growing back in. Then a year later I fell off a slide and a big chunk of that front tooth chipped off.

I wonder if all this falling has done any permanent damage to me? Miraculously I have yet to break a bone.

Might I recommend sticking to ranch style houses and using elevators?

Weirdo
Weirdo
Posted at

Might I recommend sticking to ranch style houses and using elevators?

yes. that sounds very wise. and say away from childrens toys. Or you could where those mouth gaurds that football players all wear.

Masq
Masq
Posted at

I'm a fairly safe person, and I stayed inside as a kid for good reason.

Middle school, P.E., a kid throws a basketball at my face on purpose. My teeth cut the inside of my lip, so I had to sit with a couple of tissues in my mouth for the rest of class. I thought they healed up after a couple of days until it started to hurt when I talked. Mom and I looked at it, and found that the cut (pretty much as long as my lips) got infected. Even with proper treatment it took two weeks to heal because it was inside my mouth and just stayed infected.

I don't have anything that sent me to the hospital, but I think that was the worst of any "injuries" really…

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

More injuries I had…

1) I also got bitten by a dog… and I needed 25 injections (around maybe 5 of them in and around the wound itself) to stop the spread of rabies.

2) I used to be fond of playing basketball and soccer… and every single finger has been injured one way or another. Little things like not catching the ball properly… can sprain your fingers… :(

3) And now I have this skin infection. I dunno how I got it but I can speculate that it was during the time when I was going to the gym. Not everyone knows about proper hygiene… so when someone's sweat comes into contact with my skin… Infection can spread.

Its been at least a year since I did that… but still the infection stays there and it needs to be injected every month with a certain type of steroid. Doses have to be limited… as possible side effects can include high blood pressure and 'roid rage'. :D

Its getting better now… lol

And avoided injuries?

1) I almost got all those hot grease spill on me when I was working at Mcdonalds. If I was a split second late in moving away, my left leg woulda got burned badly.

2) I used to work at a second-hand store sorting out junk. I almost got stabbed by accident… as there was a knife sticking out of one of the trash bags. I was walking fast… and if I didnt look down the last second, the knife woulda stabbed me.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.