Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Radec
Radec
Posted at

ARG! I put my first comic up about 3 to 4 days ago, and before I got around to putting up the rest, someone rated my first one a 4!

I know 4 is a good rating, but I'm just angry because i looked at alot of other ones and realized that I already have absolutely no chance of being listed on the front page under the top 50 or something!
I was hoping someone would get a chance to see it!

:smt019

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Dude… relax. You got a four. It's not the end of the world. Nobody really pays attention to the Top Fifty, anyways.

At least, nobody who's cool.

~IJ

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You will be on the recently updated list. That's all that matters. Comics in the top 50 only last a few days in that list man, so it doesn't matter anyway!

The Most Read lists are what you can stay in for a long time… But it will take ages to get there and you have to keep updating constantly to maintain position… Hahaha!
So, Recently updated is really the place to be if you care about lists at all.
I don't even look at them anymore, but I know how they work. Pretty much.

murphy
murphy
Posted at

I'm with Ozone, the recently updated is all you should really care about. I, for one, checkout all those comics whenever I'm on. I could care less about the top 50 or the 50 most read.

The top 50 are all the new comics that haven't recieved a four, and the 50 most read are the ones that have updated consistently for the longester period of time. The latter list barely ever changes, and I don't like any of the comics on it, so I don't ever read those. Anyone looking for something to read can blow through those two lists in seconds. 50 updated is constantly changing though, so I know people check that regularly.

50 last updated is the place to be.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Ian Jay:
I never said it WAS the end of the world. If you don't wanna hear me complain then don't come into the 'blowing off some steam' section
:smt110

Alright, thanks guys.
It wasn't so much that I was really angry that day, so much as it was that I was in a bad mood.
sorry bout that.

Hey, Kennedy0, I checked my link i had, and found it didnt bring it to my comic. Thanks for making me paranoid now! I fixed it so now it should work.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

I use to have the same problem man. I signed up with DD a few years ago before the crash.

When I signed up I got 5's all the time. Then I got a 4 and I got all bent out of shape and didn't want to draw and was pissed I wasn't on the top 50 at the time.

Over the years I realized something.

It is all about the fans. The readers. I could care less if Brutus got all 1's. The fact is that I have people who read my comic all the time and love it. Those are the only people I care about.

If I don't make any of the lists, that is fine. I don't care.

Just be happy you have reader's that is all.

Heck, your comic is on my fav list cause I like it. Just PLUG your comic in the forums and comment on other peoples comics and in return, they will read yours.

DD made the rating system for fun, just a little added enjoyment. If your comic has a rating between a 4 to 5 heck even a 3….it is a good comic.

The person who gave you a 4 was just being honest in their opinion while others will give you a 5 cause they liked it more.

So no worries man. You just started posting. Heck you have a nice comic. Maybe over the years you might be on the top favorite or top read comics list.

That is all and good luck.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Don't worry, I got a 4 on my first comic. I was sort of like 'oh snap' or something. But I realised it was Tater Salad who 4'd me. I was still oh snap, but I knew there's loads of other people who like my comic.

Barguest
Barguest
Posted at

atleast you get ratings. Nobody loves my comic ;_; (well, not many people anyway).

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Bleh i get like 4 regular readers, that's all, its horrible being unloved.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I used to pay attention to that Top 50 thing on the old DD when I was on it. Now I don't even bother.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Yay, I feel loved now.

Now i just need to convince some mindless sap to tell me how to make set up a banner for my comic… :smt075

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Who is 'The D'?

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Ah. Of course.

Nacho Libre was funny.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

too bad for you.
It was awesomely funny and yet incredibly stupid.
perfect mix.

Corvin
Corvin
Posted at

man, i dont even KNOW where i stand on the ratings… i hardly get comments, but i have about 40-50 average pageviews. gotta imagine im on a couple of Favorites, because i only have about ten or eleven online friends.

comment, bitches!

Corvin

Radec
Radec
Posted at

bah, lucky bastard. I don't think i have anyone here i can consider a friend yet, except maybe two, but i dont think im on any favorites!

Comment: YOU SMELL LIKE FEET!

murphy
murphy
Posted at

If you want to know how many people have you on their favorites, get the Drunk Duck Alerter. It's pretty sweet. It tells you when someone has commented on you and when a favorite of yours has been updated.

Also, for reference, I'm getting 150-250 views a day, and 12 people have me in their favorites.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

Someone gave me a 4 once, and I was a little put off because it was still really early and I thought it was important, but then I stopped caring. A lot. And it's all good: now I get an average of about 300 hits a day and 16 people have me favorited, plus I know there are probably 10 kids from my school who read it daily but don't have DD accounts.

So…don't sweat it. I will say, though, that the biggest drops in my readership come when I miss an update. So I'd say sticking to a schedule makes a big difference.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Holy sporking hell!
I really like the alerter thingy!
i now know that AT LEAST two people read my comic!
better off than i used to be :D
Thanks, Murph!
you've been a huge help to me throughout my starting.

Geejay
Geejay
Posted at

I'm still quite new to DD so all that info regarding the top lists are specially interesting. It's also interesting to know how the veterean DD people feel about the lists. I started doing my comic again after 2 years with the goal of not caring about any list or ratings but I'm finding it hard not to be affected by it.

Still, I just keep telling myself that I just came back from hiatus for the fun of drawing again and telling a (hopefully good) story.

Posted at

I care about the people who put me in their fav list. So when people go through all that trouble to delete me off the list then I try to figure out a way to get them back.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

atleast you get ratings. Nobody loves my comic ;_; (well, not many people anyway).
It's in my faves

Cookie
Cookie
Posted at

It is all about the fans. The readers.
I'm just in it for the money!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.