Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

BuzzComix.net

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

apparently the dude who made the site accidentally deleted the code.

i've heard that both he's either trying to fix it, or just have it dead.

makosuite
makosuite
Posted at

That's too funny if that's the truth.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

apparently the dude who made the site accidentally deleted the code.

i've heard that both he's either trying to fix it, or just have it dead.

Volte is running BuzzComix now?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

If you'd been around a bit longer you'd know how very lame that was… -_-

Buzz has been going down for massive extended periods for YEARS They make DD look like Google. But they've hung on even so…

Posted at

I didn't realise anyone still cared about BuzzComix.

Posted at

The same thing happened to BuzzComix several years ago… 5? Xerxes is a talented guy but it seems not keeping backups is a habit of his.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Seriously how could someone accidentally delete their code. That's the most boneheaded thing I've ever heard of in terms of running a site. I mean while youre at it are you going to accidentally chop your junk off, or just accidentally drive a bus full of gasoline and fireworks inside a match factory?

Holy damn.

DMH
DMH
Posted at

Seriously how could someone accidentally delete their code. That's the most boneheaded thing I've ever heard of in terms of running a site. I mean while youre at it are you going to accidentally chop your junk off, or just accidentally drive a bus full of gasoline and fireworks inside a match factory?

Holy damn.

Hey, he could have been trying to clean up and his computer automatically wiped it. Then again, this is unconfirmed, so it probably didn't happen.

Senshuu
Senshuu
Posted at

Depressing if that's what happened.

Buzz was very explody for a few years. I liked the revamp a lot, so I really hope it's not staying dead. (If it is, though, one less unstable listing site to keep up with. I like all the listings for their different aspects, but dang)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Holy damn.

Hey, he could have been trying to clean up and his computer automatically wiped it. Then again, this is unconfirmed, so it probably didn't happen.

It's like this. If you opened up a store you wouldnt walk in one day and just burn it down, would you?

There are a lot of STUUUPID people on this very site who have webpages of their own who I wouldnt even expect something like this from. In fact, I think this is the first time I've heard on an admin deleting their database by accident. I just find it very amazing.

anise shaw
anise shaw
Posted at

I was on buzzcomix in like 2002 and it still went down then too. A lot. Nothing new there.

If it does die, the mourning period will be relatively short.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I was on buzzcomix in like 2002 and it still went down then too. A lot. Nothing new there.

If it does die, the mourning period will be relatively short.
It used to have such a lively, active forum once upon a time too…

Posted at

I think the whole "whoops my site is gone, no backups for some reason" has happened to a lot of big webcomics sites in the past…. topwebcomics several times, buzzcomix several times, DD several times… I dunno about anyone else, but I keep two copies of everything I do, no matter how small. If I had designed a huge and complicated site like BC or DD I'd have like… five copies. Pretty disappointing this kind of thing happens multiple times to the same sites.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

It's sad since the buzzcomix design was pretty damn innovative, made twc pale in comparison. You had a fav list, an easy way to find new comics, a design that was friendly and awesome and not hideous like twc, etc.

I don't believe that code deletion rumor, seriously just… c'mon. -_-

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Wow, that's really terrifying (goes and makes copies of everything I don't have backed up).

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Wow, that's really terrifying (goes and makes copies of everything I don't have backed up).

This whole scenario reminds me of the demise of my old freelance art business website. I paid big bucks to have an old friend, who designs websites as a profession, make my website into something cool and unique. Then after a few months, I wanted to update some of the drawings on the site and asked him if I could do so. He said he couldn't update anything because he lost all of my website codes, info, etc. …What kind of a professional web designer doesn't keep or back up all that stuff? I was forced to shut down my website and was really sad about the money I just wasted.

/end rant

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

i misread the site, it was the host that accidentally deleted buzz, not the owner.

and i read it on wikipedia, which referenced to yahoo q&a, which then linked back to the wiki, so i don't know if that's credible.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.