Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Celebrity Death Pool

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Anybody have any picks?

Sounds morbid, I know, but it's an interesting way to pass the time. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, A death pool is a list of people who's eligibility is based on their lifestyle, an illness or simply advanced age. You pick who you think who's time is running short. Also, deaths have a habit of running in threes, so most people pick a trio of candidates. (I thought everyone knew about dead pools 'til someone asked me today what they were.)

Anyway, for lifestyle I choose Amy Winehouse, who's an overdose waiting to happen, and Scott Kurtz who looks like he's a couple cheese burgers away from a heart attack. I don't have any age picks, but I think if Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama are elected as President of the United States next year, either one would be a prime candidate for an assassination attempt by some fundamentally-motivated person who can't get past the idea of a black or woman president and or just wants to see their face on TV. (For the record, I'm all for a woman or a black president, I just think the first woman prez should be someone other than Hillary Clinton. :/ *:however, that is entirely off topic:* )

I'm pretty much done. Time for you to post your morbid predictions.

Posted at

My pick for untimely death is Paris Hilton. Crazed fangirl or paperazi "accident". This is more a wish then belief. And age? Shatner or Betty White. Too old. Too old.

poinko
poinko
Posted at

I pick all of them. I simply cannot stand celebrities because they're all (for the most part) extremely shallow, self-serving beings, and seem to thrive purely on the attention that people pour over them like rich, thick maple syrup. If all the celebrities disappeared off the earth, then huzzah, no more E!.

Yeah, I know eventually a new generation of celebrities would move in quickly to replace all the old ones we lost, but the 2 days of absolute peace between those days would be bliss.

And without celebrities, maybe someone would pay attention to important news stories for a change.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I think that's part of the appeal of the dead pool, poinko. it helps alleviate the annoyance of the more obnoxious celebrities. alternately, I guess I could also ask "what celebrities do you wish were dead, healthy or not?"

poinko
poinko
Posted at

Probably the same ones everyone else wants to see dead. People like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Kevin Federline, basically any person who is considered a celebrity, but has contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to our lives or culture. Detriment to, in some cases.

That includes most actors/actresses these days, too. And anyone who thought the 'romantic comedy' movie genre was a good idea.

Rockstar
Rockstar
Posted at

Only celebritiy that I think may die in the near future is Stephen Colbert, he has gotten such a cult following that some crazed fan will probably gun him down.

Posted at

Celebrity- stupid whore with tons of money

Paris Hilton is a wonderful example for this definition.

Posted at

I think i would have to have george clooney, he thinks he's soooo "good"

wiggles223
wiggles223
Posted at

If i had to say anyone i would say it would me michael jackson.

just because one of the days someone is going to shoot him because of what they thought he did to there kids

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I still like to think of the Death Pool as the place where Weapon X rejects ended up.

Srsly, it's where he got his name!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.