Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Censorship [rant]

Ditch
Ditch
Posted at

Ok, so maybe it's just my local station (CW 54, Maryland) but recently it's been censoring episodes of Family Guy which previously were left alone. This is the same station that lets Bernie Mac brag about beating his children and shows Jerry Springer encouraging morbidly obese women to play in a pool full of mud. So what the hell is going on here, is America trying to enter into a new Victorian age? Are we actually going back to a time where the answer to every medical concern was to give someone an ovarectomy? Believe me I'm as much of a staunch conversative as the next young white fanatical protestant gun owner but I don't really think Peter Griffin's ass and nonexistent genitalia are the main concern of a city that has the highest murder rate in the U.S, a city where a trip to the grocery store inevitably leads to overhearing a conversation about someone's heroin dealer ripping them off for $40.

Where are our goddamn values!? I guess it doesn't matter so much anymore considering CorpGov is forcing us all to buy this magical Digital converter box if we want to watch TV. I know I couldn't give a shit, I only like CSI, Law and Order and of course family guy. The "Amazing picture quality and sound" only sounds like something else to distract my ignorant slovenly countrymen as their rights and freedoms are taken from them one by one by the horrid monstrosity that replaced our government out of nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a wanna-be hipster pseudo-communist or anything, I certainly don't think America is the only one having this problem, look at Germany, England is getting just as bad. I wouldn't really mind the concept of a a fascist puritain state so long as they don't muddle around as much, go all the way all ready, put the CCTVs on every corner, make it illegal to criticize any aspect of the country, censor the net, the media, the people, bring back the draft. I know it's coming eventually, at least when it does people will know they have to do something about it, right now we're just teetering on the brink of the New World Order, and the wait is killing me.

Posted at

Wow, it's like a kyupol clone. Rant thread is stickied.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

you know apc? i was just getting ready to accuse him of the same….

Ditch
Ditch
Posted at

Wow, it's like a kyupol clone.

The Illuminati and secret Vatican militants are responsible for 9/11 and the Russian-sino war of 1902, 1+9+2 = 11 9+0 =9 coincidence or conspiracy!?

EDIT: sorry, I should've looked at the board my bad people.

SWexY
SWexY
Posted at

I hate how the government is censoring everything! I mean if you dont like it or if you dont want ur kids to watch it turn it off or put a block on it! Also dont cha hate it on how they censor the music? I mean those words are usually there 4 a freaking reason! Plus, its like changing the song which is kinda rude to the writer and/or singer.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I wouldn't know your pain. Becuase here, all my T.V. stations tend to not cut or censor anything.
Acutally, I've seen more and more things get past the censorship laws. Even some things in cartoons I seen recently that would of got censored years ago, have been springing up. *The Spectacular Spider Man is a good exmple. Years ago, you couldn't even allude to killing some one, but they have, in very dramatic fashion. Plush, Harry is allude to have some kind of drug problem.*

Ditch
Ditch
Posted at

Oh yeah and the censors on the FCC are quote: Normal Americans

By whose standards? Most of America is 50+ white Christians with children? Bull! Our standards of normalcy are merely mindless jingoism that the media forces down our throats.

I swear I'm moving to Austria when I get the money, I'll walk around naked all day swearing in German. That's the Austrian dream there, I'll live it.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

1+9+2 = 11

or 12 for those of us who went to first grade.

Ditch
Ditch
Posted at

1+9+2 = 11

or 12 for those of us who went to first grade.

I meant 1-9+2.

IT'S PART OF THE CONSPIRACY! The Vatican is trying to discredit me by editing my posts to make me look like a fool.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

1-9+2.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Wow. You guys are being pretty mean. -_-
But it seems like the whole forum has been antsy lately.

Posted at

Communists stole my brain.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

As you can see, The New World Order aren't really so bad after all.

They're actually nice guys. I just went to the Bohemian Grove the other night and I was greeted by 72 virgins at the gate!!!

The New World Order are nice folks, you know.

They're only putting cameras all over because it is for your safety.

They're censoring things because they care about your moral values because they're really such great people.

And whats coolest of all is that they want to put little microchips in us.

Thats like something out of a scifi movie. Woah… that is cool!!! Ooh… I'm robocop terminator now. ooh…

And not only that. The microchip is good because it helps track you down if you are missing. You know… just in case you get kidnapped by al-quaeda (which is under the command of Ahmadinejad and those evil ayatollahs btw), it would be easier to rescue you.

Because we live in dangerous times where there is terrorists in every corner.

Why can't you understand that:

Al Quaeda = Saddam Hussein = Iran = Osama bin Laden = Taliban = Enemy = Evil = Terrorist.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.