Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

clumsy with supplies?

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

Heh, i know i can be a spaz sometimes… Um does anyone else have the problem where they drop their tablet pen on the floor? It happens to me all the time… will i break it eventually? I seems pretty durable to me… Mergle…

Posted at

I'll answer that as soon as I find my mouse.

Don't worry about it too much, I'll doubt it'll break just from being dropped.

Posted at

My wacom is made of some mythical substance that is so durable that it can't even be mined without the assistance of Superman with Wolverine strapped to his wrists. It's really my only explaination.

Posted at

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
so far, my wacom tablet has survived being thrown down the
stairs in an artistic rage, Chewed on by dogs, thrown at
a sibling, and just being dropped.

though I could use a new one, i've had mine for about two years now. Its starting to lose its some of its sensitivity.
Hmmm wonder why.

Posted at

The same thing happens to me :-\

Posted at

I always drop my pen… I always hate when I drop my pen. I'm pissed when it happens, but it wont break.

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

Oh im glad im not the only one. I use mine as my mouse, cause im tired of replacing batteries… i lost its cord. Meh. ^-^ i drop it at least 3 times a week. YAY for us spazzy people!

Posted at

hehe…I do that too and my cat likes to run off with it. I've found it in closets, the bathtub, under the sofa, and under the kitchen sink so far…stupid cat -_-'

Posted at

My wacom is made of some mythical substance that is so durable that it can't even be mined without the assistance of Superman with Wolverine strapped to his wrists. It's really my only explaination.
Have you ever said anything useful?

Posted at

Trust me, I drop mine a lot, too, but those things don't break easy. As a matter of fact, out of all my friends that have tablets, and my school which has about fifty, I've never heard of one breaking. They're durable little buggers.

Posted at

I have dropped mine once and it works.

I don't use it as a mouse though as due to the way I hold the pen (tilted) I rarely can doubleclick at the first attempt. Stopped trying when instead of opening a program I dragged the icon to the trashcan, lol.

I am paranoid about my wacom (despite it being the cheapest volito2) cause with my funds coming and going I might be forced to go on for a month or two without one. Also, I don't think they have replacement pens for this model anymore (or at all?).

Hoping to switch to A5 sized Graphire whenever I get a bigger screen :)

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I always wondered if I dropped my pens, pencils, and erasers while drawing… 'til I found out a rat was taking them and putting them in a pile inside the wall. Good thing I took care of it. Now if only I could remember where I put that trap…

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I have total awareness of the positioning of all the art supplies in my immediate drawing environment.

Clumsiness… bah! :)

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Most of my pencils have disappeared off the face of the earth. I shudder to think what would happen with a wacom

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I'm surprised I haven't lost my tablet pen yet. I've had to stop people from taking it on a couple occaisions. I've had people attempt to write with it or unconsciously put it in their purse.

There used to be a pen holder for it, but that seems to have left this material sphere.

Posted at

I'm clumsy with everything. If I don't spill or drop or trip over something at least once a day, I know something's wrong.

Posted at

Sometimes it might roll out of my lap and fall onto the carpet. I'm more concerned with the rubber grip warping into a shape and maybe becoming too loose and falling off. Guess I grip it too hard…

Daxy
Daxy
Posted at

^^" One day I was finishing up a school art project at home and lost everything from my folder along with my pencil case in the snow. I found the metal pencil case after it had been slightly squished by a vehical (all pencils in tackt, yay!)…but all of my former projects were never found.

jagular
jagular
Posted at

my pencils either get extremely small, the lead breaks from dropping it, or i lose it. that counts right?

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

Cource it counts ^-^ This is a wonderful community, supportive of all sorts of quirky habits. Heh i dont feel nearly that spazzy now. I have to be sure i put it right back where i found it otherwise my pencils and tablet pen will disapear into the aforementioned ether… ^-^ havent lost it or my current pencil yet.

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

I drop pencils/pens ALL the time. I often sit in big fluffy chairs or on the couch while drawing, and it seems that as soon as my writing utensils touch the floor or a couch cushion, they vanish from the planet.

Anytime you drop a writing instrument it will roll to the least accessible place in the room.

The only exception being my tablet pen.I misplace it and drop it and fling it around, but I've always found it again, and it's never broken. The replacement nibs though, that's another story.

Tablets don't seem to be products of human engineering. They're amazingly resilient.

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

I keep my smaller Wacom Graphire tablet in this small laptop carrying case all the time, and it's always being pushed around and all the stuff inside gives it pressure.

I don't know how it still works perfectly, but it does. Haha, maybe it might break soon, but who knows?

I have nowhere else to keep it, and it's actually quite handy in case I suddenly feel like drawing.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.