Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Compliment the Comic Belonging to the Person Above You!!

D0m
D0m
Posted at

It's Friday, folks. And here on the east coast of this country, I got a solid hour left before I get to go home and work on my comic! I'm excited.

Here's the game:

1. Click the banner for the comic belonging to the person above you.

2. If you don't have a banner or a link in your sig, please make it easier and add a link –> http://drunkduck.com/nadya to it.

3. Find something you LOVE about their comic off the bat and say it in a post!

4. If the person above you doesn't have or assist in a comic, compliment their avatar or sig, anything!

5. If you like what you saw, don't just leave it at that. Fave them, comment on the comic itself, add them to your friends' list- network! Who knows what may come about from your curiosity?

6. Have fun! Take this opportunity to explore new comics and make friends!

Let's go! :D

7. Try not to post too much if your comic has been complimented several times. Use your better judgement, please!

Valid Soul
Valid Soul
Posted at

^Has top notch art, good dialogue, and very detailed shading.

(In response to D0M's reply below…)

Well, i'm very glad you like it, D0m. The sprites (that aren't video game related) are made from the Charas Project, which uses RPG Maker 2000 sprites, similar to that found in Chronos sprites. That's only for idle poses though, when it comes to action, I either create the sprite from scratch, or heavily edit it. I had to edit the hell out of one of the sprites to get him to resemble the hedgehog located in the Drunkduck mirror's banner.

Anyway, thanks for your kind comments.

(Done, skoolmunkee, sorry about causing any potential confusion)

D0m
D0m
Posted at

^ You're too kind! <3

Not to flatter you, but this sprite comic looks great. You seem to be using custom sprites, which I appreciate a lot, and you've used depth. I've never seen anyone use depth in a sprite comic before, great job.

And that last panel made me get emotional… Gawd -Grabs a tissue-

Posted at

Instead of making confusion by adding replies, why not edit your original post with any responses? :)

Hguyver
Hguyver
Posted at

Wow, interesting concept for a story. From the perspective of the monsters of an MMORPG.

Though I think you might need to work on reducing the size of the pages.

Good luck with your story.

RentAThug
RentAThug
Posted at

^ I totally dig the grey-toned style. It looks like one of those old black and white horror movies, back when there were horror movies that weren't just about gore and torture.

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

Nice little details in the backrounds, thats always a real pain to do, takes patience.

Valid Soul
Valid Soul
Posted at

^Very atmospheric, it's so reminiscent of Tim Burton and Clive Barker. The story does not fall behind either, and the mood and atmosphere is reminsicent of Edgar Allen Poe's finest works. Excellent job.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

Nice effects and photoshop mastery. The backgrounds are also super-awesome.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Your comic has awesome coloring, so bright (I love that the outlines are blue, too). It's also really cute and funny. The plot is fun to read, and I like seeing all those different characters.

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

You do a lot of good angles and poses, takes a lot of effort.

Posted at

"til death" is honestly and genuinely spooky and scary. Lots of comics *claim* to be spooky, "till death" delivers. I'll be following this one.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

^ You got this great Indie feel to your comic. I think of "Love and Rockets" every time I see it.

I also like the fact that you're telling a story through strip form.

Okay, I'm gonna have to go stalk you now. <3

Valid Soul
Valid Soul
Posted at

The characters are very cute and loveable looking, and you don't use transparency on your text bubbles, which is a plus.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I saw this one the other day and I agree that the depth that is shown along with the lighting, colors, effects and writing make this distinguished and enjoyable. I might just fave it! Good layout, too!

Anatak
Anatak
Posted at

Due East, very nice relaxed coloring, the character looks very real and down to earth, and the details in the backround give it personality.

Posted at

Very dark. I love how chilling the story is. Good work. I've been miserable with emotion lately and that felt like a nice bath. Time to get dressed and get back into the world.

I also left some comments on your page about ways to improve the story telling. Free advice.

Heres my comic http://www.drunkduck.com/Ogre/index.php?p=217120 not much to read yet, since its unlettered.

Posted at

While I like the dark and moody art, I have to say "be careful" with lighting especially on the second page. The only visible light source is the hanging light but the rest of the picture is bright while shadows are being cast on his midsection which makes it seem off.

Still, even with no lettering yet (whether it's intentional or part of the story, whatever) I like what's going on… something about an alchoholic ogre remembering his wedding day being interrupted by elven hunters? You get an extra 50 points from me because I have a "thing" for stories where monsters are the main characters :D

Posted at

A refreshing take of the usual fantasy 'hero slays monster and earns fame and money'. In this story, the hero is the bully and the monster is the underdog- in a cynical, modern-day reminiscent lingo, too. :)

The colours and art are stylistic enough to be reminiscent of old illustrations. Keep it up!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.