Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Computer SOS

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, but it's not a comic-related problem, so I figured tips and tricks wasn't right. Anyway, I'm desperate, so here goes. I have an older macintosh computer that is currently crashing every time I try to turn it on. It boots up in OS 8 instead of X and then crashes. I think this was caused by loading a very old program (c. 1998 or so) onto the computer. Something similar happened to a roommate of mine in school, but I can't remember how she fixed it. I tried booting it up in safe mode, it didn't seem to do anything. I need files off this computer relativley soon. aaaaah. And suggestions? Thanks!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

This is a fine forum for it! :)
Damn… I'm no help though. I don't know Macs that well unfortunately. Ironically I've got problems with my main PC at the moment- had to reinstall Windows to get the tablet to work again and now I can't access a whole bunch of files I forgot to decrypt under the old instillation. -_-

Try reinstalling OSX? the Apple support contact page is here if that's anu help? And the support sections for OSX are here with links to other versions of OSX at the top of the page.
Sorry I can't be more direct in my help :(

Posted at

i had the same prob wit my computer.in your case i would get a computer tech. you may hav a serious virus at that. i had a friend who tired to fix my computer when that happen and it didnt even want to turn on anymore. sorry that i could not be of that much help. hopefully someone sees's this post and has a better soultion.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.