Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*

Contests

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

This was in Friday's news I believe, but someone recommended mentioning it here to get more people aware of it.

Copying from what was said in the news:

First contest, and the big one, in celebration of rebooting Rumbles Late Night (I had erased the first Late Night) is a make-a-script contest. Basically (quoting from my post): All you have to do is sell your soul and…wait, we're not doing that? Oh yeah. Alright, the real method to have your characters interviewed is to PM me your best Late Night one paged script featuring your characters. I will use the three best scripts to create future Late Night strips. But the very best script will grant its owner not just their characters an appearance in Rumbles Late Night, but a cameo appearance in all my currently being updated comics. That's an appearance in Rumbles Late Night, Funny Universe, Tank Buddies Forever, and Devil Squid Adventures. So, get writing! The deadline is May 19th!

But wait, there's more! In celebration of Tank Buddies Forever's return with chapter two, I'm holding a recap and singing bubbles contest! Basically I want a one page fanmade comic that humorously recaps the events of chapter one (Failing Safety). The winner gets their page posted, and then they just have to send me a summary of any one of their comics, and I will use that summary to make a crazy little song that the choir of singing bubbles will sing in Tank Buddies. That's right, the bubbles will sing an ode to your comic. Deadline is May 19th.

And finally, in celebration of the start of Funny Universe and the upcoming restart of Devil Squid Adventures, I want a picture of Devil Squid, Bunny Rabbit Man, and your character/s fighting a giant T-Rex. Winner will have their picture posted, and their characters will have a cameo in both comics. And just for kicks, another future cameo in any one of my comics of their choice. Deadline is again May 19th.

That's three contests, and a lot of free publicity, for a few lucky winners

Well, that's it. Good luck to all participants!

zammap
zammap
Posted at

@_@

I was writing my song as I was reading the comic at the same time and I ended up with this

there was a little jelly
fish
said "not me" too late

So he was taken
home
to a tank full of new friends

thought he could play the tuft role
OH!
but that octo was a ninaj

God of jelly came and kicked them
out
into the ocean with the sharkie

Then got cased off by a horseshow crab
thing
but octo, of course, had it covered

Kitties pissed off mean of God
jelly
sent them down into the water

Then OH what was that oops
sorry
jelly is just really a squid!

Is this okay or do you want me to edit out all the jelly(fish) parts?

Because I've never heard of people keeping squids as pets.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

@_@

I was writing my song as I was reading the comic at the same time and I ended up with this

there was a little jelly
fish
said "not me" too late

So he was taken
home
to a tank full of new friends

thought he could play the tuft role
OH!
but that octo was a ninaj

God of jelly came and kicked them
out
into the ocean with the sharkie

Then got cased off by a horseshow crab
thing
but octo, of course, had it covered

Kitties pissed off mean of God
jelly
sent them down into the water

Then OH what was that oops
sorry
jelly is just really a squid!

Is this okay or do you want me to edit out all the jelly(fish) parts?

Because I've never heard of people keeping squids as pets.

It's just fine by me.
Although you didn't have to make it a song. Basically you can recap chapter one in any humorous way you want, and I make a song about one of the comics of the winner.
But this is good too. And amazingly accurate!

And yeah, a lot of people mistake my little red squid for a jellyfish. Which is why I'm going to introduce a real jellyfish this chapter.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.