Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Coolest Moments

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Let's face it, 99% of humanity is so far from being cool it just isn't funny. Yet every one get's a couple of cool crowning moments of being awesome in their lives.
So what were some of the coolest things/moments of your life?

Posted at

recent cool moment…
making out with a girl at a bar to stop a lesbian from hitting on her.

Posted at

1. I noticed a girl.

2. I married that girl.

Other cool things happened, but mainly because of 1 or 2. Unless you count learning to play guitar really well even if I do say so myself and people coming from far and wide to watch my fingers so I eventually hooked up with a singer to form this duo that went down really well everywhere and we played in cool clubs and all the cool people came to see us and hang out with us and we played on radio and then on TV and then I gave it all up because I wanted to just hang out with that girl and not go on tour or anything and I don't regret it for a moment.

Kiruru
Kiruru
Posted at

Well I don't know if this is cool but…

I was sleeping once,and I have one of those old school metal fans, and its fallen so many times it rocks and makes an annoying as f[its a bad word] clanging noise. Well to get back to the story, I was taking a snooze and it began its clanging, so still in a half asleep stupor, I grabbed a Ink pen and tossed it at the fan. It went straight like an arrow, hit the fan dead center, did two flips, and landed back in my hand,the fan, honorably pwned stopped clanging. I put the pen back on the night stand and got back to sleep.

There's my cool moment

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I kicked a dude in the head once. Visually it was cool… as an event it was very confusing.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

and then on TV
What did you play? Band name? Maybe you're on Youtube!!! ^__^
Well I don't know if this is cool but…
Yep! That's cool :)

—————–
Lots of little cool things happen…
When I was learning to ride, the class and I all went into the bushland for a bit of a trot. Then the instructor set up a medium sized jump for us out of logs and things, and asked us to jump one by one…
I'd never jumped before, but I watched the first couple of people do it and listened to the advice of the instructor.

So when it was my turn I didn't think, I just rode straight for it. The horse took the jump, sailed over, and landed nicely. We came to a halt, and the next thing I knew the Instructor was beaming and saying I was a natural and the others in the class (much more experienced than I), were asking if I'd trained at doing jumps before… blah, blah, blah etc. etc.

Well anyway, it was a pure fluke and I'm NOT a natural.
But it was a cool moment.

Posted at

Edit: I'm a moron. Really.

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

That's nice, Custard.

This is far from the coolest thing, but it's one of the first that comes to mind.

In middle school, we took the bus home and on the route we took, there was always a bump on a specific part of the road. Whenever the bus would reach this bump, a bunch of the students, including me, would jump to exacerbate the bounce. Well, one day, right before we rode over the bump, I put both of my feet on the seat of the bus and when the bump finally came, I launched myself upwards and somehow, in the little space between the seats, I managed to do a complete backflip and land on my rear, sitting in my seat like usual. I was pretty shocked, but afterwards I felt so cool. :)

Another really cool moment was in 10th grade indoor track. It was the last race of the night and it was the 2 by 4 relay (that's when four runners pass a baton after running a 200 meter lap). I was the final runner of the race and of course my nerves were pumping hard. Finally, the third runner handed me the baton and I took off. Suddenly, I lost control of my legs and they were just pumping on their own. It was pretty awesome at that point, but then what happened next made the experience unforgettable: I looked up to see a tunnel of cheering people, screaming my name as I passed everyone into first place. And suddenly, it was all I heard. It was like something you would see in the movies.

Unfortunately, my legs then decided to peter out and though I didn't feel at all tired, they just wouldn't keep moving at the pace they were before. I ended up getting third or fourth place and feeling terrible for my team. But they all supported me and there were no bad feelings and I at least left with an unforgettable moment.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I think Cus was replying to the wrong thread by accident… I think he was trying to help me with my weak mojo… Thanks Cus :)

I managed to do a complete backflip and land on my rear, sitting in my seat like usual. I was pretty shocked, but afterwards I felt so cool. :)
That's pretty damn amazing. Very lucky too, since you could have smashed your head.

Something else about riding that was extremely cool, although no one saw this one…
I went to a horse hire place with my sister. She loves horses, but she's a bit dopey sometimes. When asked about her experience level, she said "expert" and I said "low experience".
-Long story short: we ended up switching horses and even then she couldn't control hers.

Her horse that I ended up with was a young thoroughbred, tense and ready to gallop at the slightest instant. I could barely keep it in check. Keeping at at waking or trotting pace was a real struggle, so in the end when I got to a nice clear spot I just decided to let it go. We galloped hell for leather up and down this long broad sandy course. This thing could race! That's all it wanted to do.

But the cool bit was when I got a bit reckless:
She wanted to keep up the pace, but I was bored of running up and down the same strip of open land so I guided her towards a narrow windy trail through the dense bush, thinking that'd be more fun and force her to be a bit more cautious.

But even though it was virtually a tree tunnel in there, she still wanted to GO… so I let her have her head again. I encouraged her even :)
We raced through those narrow tree choked pathways like lightning, it was SO thrilling. It was a real maze in that copse of trees. It was fun guiding her down one way and then taking another direction. I had to lean low over her neck to avoid having my skull smashed and keep my legs in tight to save my knees from the trees on either side. She skipped through there like a dear, making tight turns as the trail switched back and forth, leaping sideways to avoid trees, jumping over logs in the path, and all the while leaves and twigs were whipping past me at great speed and the world was a blur of green, dappled sunlight, and the crazy turns of this narrow passage as it wound through the trees.

It wasn't just cool, it was awesome. :)

Tacster002
Tacster002
Posted at

anytime where I become hyperactive/get an adrenaline rush/both. I seem like a dork but in my mind I feel like I could jump out a window, run a marathon, and take over the world. in that order. the energy feels so awesome.

Katsu
Katsu
Posted at

Hmmm coolest moment…think back…

Feb.2nd 2005, I'm living in Nagoya, Japan as I attend university there as an exchange student. My friends and I decide to go to a local festival in Osu Kannon (a large Buddhist Temple in Nagoya) for Mamemaki (check this out b/c I'm not explaining it here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setsubun#Mamemaki We were standing on scaffolding like in the picture). Usually people have to pay about $30 to participate at the temple to throw beans at the crowd. However, because we looked like a bunch of starry-eyed foreigners, we got to toss the beans to the locals below the temple doors without charge. It was a really neat feeling having a bunch of people trying to get your attention in a country you're visiting.

Posted at

I also played in a cool club or two, and Ironscarfs is right – playing in cool clubs is cool.

When I got my first paycheck for making a comic, and it was enough to cover my portion of the electric bill, that was also very cool.

Posted at

There is a few.

One: Gym class, last year. We were all playing a game called handball (Which is where you have these 2 foam balls and you try to get them in a net. There's two people called defenders, and a goalie, the defenders help the goalie so the people don't score, and of course, the people that try to score. But you can't go within the 3 point shot area of a basketball court) and anyway, this kid came up, and tried to do a jump shot, Which is where you jump over the 3 point shot line, and try to throw it in. And I totally jumped up, and smacked it right out of his hands.

Two: Talking to a girl on myspace, and I actually have a really big crush on her. She said things like "I effing love you!" and "You're my favorite person on this world!" and stuff like that. Always making me feel goood :]

Three: Pretty much whenever somebody says something nice about my comic in person. It's always great to have people say something nice about that :]

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I played at the Sydney Opera House with my school stage band. I guess that was kinda cool…
One of my artworks has recently been chosen to be presented at the "Directors Choice" (4th of December at the Sydney Showground in Olympic Park), I guess that's pretty cool as well…

lba
lba
Posted at

For me, it's the time back in my senior year of high school that I nearly won a guy's 2003 Ford Mustang GT in a race. We had a race with another guy down one of the country roads out in the town my parents live in and he didn't have the money to put down as a bet so he was going to put his pink slip up ( He was way over-confident he could win against our cars. ) instead but his girlfriend gave him the cash he didn't have. I chose a really curvy road where I had the advantage in handling and ended up winning. My winnings paid my gas money for that entire school year and part of the next.

I'll never do it again, but it was the biggest rush of adrenaline I've ever felt in my life.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

ahhh , all i can think of rite now is the time a friend and i were hanging around the train tracks and somehow got stuck between the tracks of to freight trains moving in oposite directions , there was very little clearance as remember .

oh yea , and then there was the time me and some girl were getting down on the tracks and almost got run over cuz we didn't notice the train coming , i don't remember if it was a passenger train , but if it was they were prolly laughing their asses off.

trains R kewl

Posted at

Put a quarter on train tracks. Watch a train go by. You can't spend the quarter anymore but it sure looks cool.

Druchii
Druchii
Posted at

Picture it. The fall of 1994, Warrensburg, Missouri.

I was playing the Sega Arcade cabinet game of Jurassic Park, two gun style (where you play both player 1 and 2 with the guns) and almost beating the game while people surrounded me to watch, in the University Union. My arms were burning, it was isometrics hell! My mouth was parched. I mowed down velociraptor after velociraptor! Finally I had taken to many hits and my player one gun was almost out of continues, and I, out of quarters! I died in Area 4 where the Dilophosaurus was, one level away from the final t-rex bosses, but I had made it further than any other person had!

I actually had people cheering for me! It was bizarre. :D And in the end, some dude bought me a 20 oz. Dr Pepper.

It was MY "the wizard" moment.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.