Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Cowboys and Aliens

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

Someone mentioned in another thread about Cowboys and Aliens becoming a movie. Well, here is the latest news on that.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8758

And for you non-clickers…

Kurtzman and Orci on Cowboys & Aliens
Source:ComingSoon.net October 9, 2009

Star Trek and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talked briefly to ComingSoon.net about adapting the graphic novel Cowboys & Aliens with director Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. in the lead:

On collaborating on their next film, "Cowboys & Aliens," with director Jon Favreau:
Kurtzman: It's the greatest.
Orci: We just started and we're getting along really well. We actually sent ourselves back to school and we're watching Westerns together, analyzing them, and just kind of getting into it.
Kurtzman: Yeah, we had a lot of these Westerns in our heads but Jon is an incredible fountain of Western knowledge.
Orci: "Star Trek" was pitched originally as a space Western anyway. So "Star Trek" was a nice lead up to this project.
Kurtzman: I think also that Jon comes from a very similar emotional place. Because he's an actor and he knows what plays and what doesn't play very quickly. We're having an unbelievably good time working with him on that.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

If it's anything like the comic, this will be campy fun that doesn't try to be anything more than it is. I love movies like those.

Posted at

It's gonna be a silly movie. Or at least I hope it will be like that. The whole idea of cowboys and Indians fighting off space mutants is just too absurd to be taken seriously.

I will be able to enjoy it more if they make it a silly one.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

It's gonna be a silly movie. Or at least I hope it will be like that. The whole idea of cowboys and Indians fighting off space mutants is just too absurd to be taken seriously.

I will be able to enjoy it more if they make it a silly one.

Robert Downey Jr., man. You can't go wrong.

Posted at

Robert Downey Jr., man. You can't go wrong.
True. I decided to check out his IMDB profile and it looks like they've added the C&A movie to his list. I also noticed Avengers and Iron Man 3. He's going to be playing Tony Stark for a looong time.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.