Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Nako
Nako
Posted at

Has there been anything like this here on DD? I want to do chibi versions of characters of DD webcomics, but I figured I might need permission. And I still don't know if I should:

a) just do random chibi scenes for people, or
b) create a story along the lines of… The world of DD was suddenly struck by a mysterious beam, turning the inhabitants into mini/chibi-versions of themselves!

Tell me what you think about this… Please! =^_^=

Posted at

I think either would be cool. Also I'd love to see my characters in chibi :)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

That would be really fun! Are you thinking of it like a community project where lots of people do pages, or would you be doing all the pages with community permission to use specific characters?

Posted at

this sounds pretty cool!=) i wouldn't mind lending some of my characters too.

Nako
Nako
Posted at

That would be really fun! Are you thinking of it like a community project where lots of people do pages, or would you be doing all the pages with community permission to use specific characters?

Well, if there's gonna be a plot or something, then I would prefer it to be somewhat like a real community project. We can all plan out what's gonna happen, I can do art, and then some. Of course, other people willing to do art will be welcome.

If I'm going to do just random chibi whatevers, then it'll be like me doing commissions… It's fun, but I still prefer the community thing. =^_^=

Nako
Nako
Posted at

Like a super chibi crossover?

Mm… Could be. Yeah, sorta like that.

A super DD chibi crossover.

Hm, any title suggestions, specific character inputs, story suggestions, and whatnot?

I really do want something like, "A mysterious villain person, using a what-the-heck machine thing, turns the DrunkDuck populace into chibi people/characters, in an attempt to bring it onto its knees. Unfortunately for that villain person, DD characters can't be taken down that easily." Something like that, but it's still open to suggestions and stuff. =^_^=

Posted at

Hmmm, it could be called…. Chibified! lol ok, I can't think of a better title than that, I bet someone else could though

Your welcome to include Varin from Quest For Zanvadas, I reckon he'd make a cute chibi :)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

*cringes*
Argh! I cant stand that chibi stuff! What the hell is it supposed to be anyway?
The characters always just looked deformed!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I think the idea sounds really fun and cute =D Would the villain be another DDer? Maybe Harkovast who hates chibis? XD

Nako
Nako
Posted at

*cringes*
Argh! I cant stand that chibi stuff! What the hell is it supposed to be anyway?
The characters always just looked deformed!
Well, they're sort of meant to be deformed… Good thing I'm not gonna battle you in Fightsplosion 5, or else, Yaten might have been chibified! =^_^=

As far as I know, chibi are a result of the fascination with the "kawaii culture".

Okay, so my drawing style seems to lean onto this, but I really want to be able to vary my style somewhat. (But I haven't done it yet…)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

aw! i want one of my guys eating a pokemon!

Nako
Nako
Posted at

I sorta like it too.

Hey, since Harkovast hates chibi so much, let's make him the main character or something! Not only is he going to have to save the people, but maybe have the tendency to kill them too! =^_^=

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I sorta like it too.

Hey, since Harkovast hates chibi so much, let's make him the main character or something! Not only is he going to have to save the people, but maybe have the tendency to kill them too! =^_^=
haha, yeah! and he'll be so confused about himself. like…sexual confusion but instead it's about chibification. i'd read that.

Nako
Nako
Posted at

Make sure ya let us all know how we can help. If you want help that is.
Alright!

Of course, I'll need help. Why do you think I posted here, anyway?

Stuff I sorta worked out:

- who the main character's gonna be (but can we really have Hark as a character…?)
- how we're gonna do this thing

How are we gonna do this?

- I'm thinking we'll do it by rotation, but people have to be willing to do stuff.
- separate lineup for story and art

Stuff I need help with:

1. Characters
- they need to be from existing comics (it really doesn't matter how many pages)
- no limit to number per comic you have, you can put in all of them if you want
- important characters will have to have a bio of sorts, including the role they can play in the story (hey, maybe one of the characters can be the outright villain! or this could be like mafia/a mystery game, where we have to figure out who it is!)

2. Story/"Episode"/Chapter Ideas
- you can give me some tidbits of what can go on in this "story" (you can even give me a script for a chapter if you want)

3. Art
- obviously, I can't do everything myself and I really want this to be a community project… you can help with the main story itself or do extras =^_^=

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i'll volnteer my guys! i was just wondering first what kinda tone it's gonna have. is it gonna be the more traditional manga story lines or something else? what kinda flavor do you see this thing havin?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Feel free to use me as a villain for the project, I like that idea, it sounds funny!
Even though it means me running the risk of chibification! Argh!

BlkKnight
BlkKnight
Posted at

I'd toss Isis in as an antagonist. She considers chibis an insult to her short stature and would rather subject the world to "Happification" rather than "Chibification." I'd classify her as one of those unkillable reoccurring "I'll get you next time Gadget!" characters…granted a tough one being a Goddess of Illusion and all.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i was thinkin of havin bonesy be unhappy with the whole chibi situation and take off on a quest to find out who or what fucked him over so bad. i see there's a few other people in that job position though so i dont know if it's be overkill. maby they'd all be out on their own journeys to get revenge or at least reverse what'd been done to em. everything about this would piss Bones off. his head'd be too big, his pecker'd probably be too small, all the chicks would have the anatomy of a 3 year old, and whenever he'd exclaim somethin it'd come out as "WTF?!" or "@#$%!" , cherry blossoms would come in outa no where, and his lack of nostrils would make nose picking virtually impossible. there's nothing about this he'd be friendly about.

actually…i got some ideas if ya want a co-writer. like i said i dont really have the time to do any art for this, but if i could help out in this way, it'd be cool.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.