Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DD down time?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

So what was the cause for the down time then eh?

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Our ad system shares a server with drunkduck… well when it ran maintenance it locked up the database and caused the whole thing to grind to a halt.

As a result, we've purchased yet another server and moving all ad stuff off to it today.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ah-ha! I see :)
Yeah, I noticed the site was going down yesterday for a few quick moments and then working again fine… I suspected something was happening. Good to know you're right on top of it ^_^
Platinum Duck works faster and smother than ever!

Posted at

scared me! I thought all my comics were gone! Then made me glad that i backed up and downloaded my Drunk Duck files ;)

Posted at

Dude, that scared me so much. But you were ontop of it like a madman!

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Ditto. I thought it might've been my computer again. Then I saw that message as everyone else did about their comics being gone. Hmmm, which leads me to think that maybe we need a technical difficulty notification feature for our emails. That way everyone can see what's going on and not get so scared. just a thought.

Posted at

heh
reminds me of the the big dd crash a while back

Posted at

i recall this happening a time or two before as well and panicking. cool to know that you guys found a way to stop it!

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

heh, it wasn't a quick outage. I tried at 11pm-8am and nothing…so it was locked up for a while! All the Wednesday updates were rather hurt by it I thinks…HEEE!!!

Glad its fixed without major heartache!

Thanks for the work again Admins!

Mark
Mark
Posted at

Yeah, I was worried to bits. You guys are teh awesome for getting it back up so fast

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

heh, it wasn't a quick outage. I tried at 11pm-8am and nothing…so it was locked up for a while!
You new to the internet? Compared to other site outages, that was lightspeed! ;)

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

heh, it wasn't a quick outage. I tried at 11pm-8am and nothing…so it was locked up for a while!
You new to the internet? Compared to other site outages, that was lightspeed! ;)

Weeks on end.

Will
Will
Posted at

oh man, that downtime was nightmarish for me… i thought the duck got wiped again!

i'm glad it's back, i couldn't live my life without ducks under the influence…

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

i was secretly glad that i have an excuse for not updating on time

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

Nope not new…just not well traveled! I have about five sites that I frequent and that be about it. The only major crash I can remember was Fictionpress and they were down for two weeks, and periodically since. Their extras tend to be down all the time and their self advertising never worked except the first week! LOL!

I was just saying someone said it was a quick outage…heh I thought they meant like y'know in an hour! LOL! Perhaps I misinterpretted that!

It's just the slow hours here at work leave me wanting to fill up on DD…both leaving and recieving reviews…being denied that was well…like an addict without a fix…yep I get that bad!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.