Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DD Downtime?

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I only noticed a slight hiccup for an hour or so on Friday. Otherwise the last big downtime was like half a year ago…for me, at least.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Well, I've noticed quite a few moments where the front page is down, but everything else on DD works.

Posted at

Things have been slow here. Pages take up to a minute to load, sometimes, especially here in the forums. also, the front page doesn't seem to show the trailer any more - just a repeat of the top-bar for the favorites.

No downtime that I've seen, but slowness.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

DD doesnt have a downtime problem. If so, Iv'e never seen it and im on here-prolly way to much.:)

Knuckles
Knuckles
Posted at

Okay, for some reason, I'm not able to access DD on any of the computers at home. I thought the DD site was down, but I talked to a friend and he said it was working for him. I don't know what the deal is. I was hoping to update my comic last night but I couldn't..

- I already deleted the cookies, did the Internet Options stuff, etc.
- I'm not behind a firewall. There's not one installed on here
- I use Windows 2000 Professional with all the latest updates installed.
- I typed in ipconfig /release and /renew and /FLUSHDNS in MSDOS prompt. Still nothing.
- I'm connected to the internet, as I'm able to access other sites like nightgig just fine with no problem.
- I use a wireless connection (Comcast). I called them and told them and they couldn't figure out the problem, either.
- I tried accessing DD using Internet Explorer and it kept saying "Page cannot be displayed." So I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and tried it in there and it still didn't work – it gave me a "Page Timed Out: Drunkduck.com is taking too long to respond" error page.
- I tried the other computers in the house, and they can't access Drunkduck.com either. The other ones use Windows XP with all the latest updates and no firewalls, etc.

I tried all this stuff and I still can't get on Drunkduck from home. However, I'm able to access the site from my computer at work, which uses a wireless conenection, too. and it has Windows XP Professional on it with a firewall up…

Someone please help? I've run out of options here….

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Okay I believe we have found and eliminated the problem.

If anybody still has problems please PQ me your IP address ;)

thanks!

Posted at

I think the technical word is "magic"

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Yeah, I noticed DD is working right again. Much thanks for getting that fixed. Without DD, I had nowhere to escape to so I didn't have to deal with my family issues.

Posted at

I think the technical word is "magic"

Black, White, Red, or Blue Magic?

ZOMG Final Fantasy reference! :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.