Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Dear artists looking for employ, help out a lonly writer boy

Posted at

Hello everyone, you may or may not know me as the writer of a little comic called foreign exchange panda.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Foreign_Exchange_Panda/More then recently, my extremely talented artist resigned for personal reasons, and now my comic is in limbo.
And I'd like to revive it, becuase the two scripts I wrote up can't and won't be all for naught.

If you could spare the time to read a script, or send me an art sample if your interested, please do inquire within, or in a pq.

Again, please and thank you. I really want this thing to live.

-jeff

Posted at

Indeed, cuz there seems to be more writers looking for artists then vice versa. That's why I date an artist. Makes things easier or I'd be in your boat.

Posted at

Hah, Well my old artist, cerah, was an ex of mine, Were pretty good friends right now, which is how i convinced her to draw for me, She just coulden't handle the weekly strain, I don't blame her.

It's also a sad fact that writers are always left behind by artists, due to the fact that most great artists write amazing as well as draw fantastic.
But everyone do what they must, becuase they can, and becuase trying is good.

Posted at

One a week? When Mon has material to write( I draw everything out before hand and give her the book to draw herself, she can't get the next for a few weeks) we usually update 5-6 times a week. AND she has a side comic she does. Though her comic has backgrounds and such. I think reading Gantz fostered a love for blank backgrounds with character interactions being the main focus X__x. That and I try to pump em out. We can always redo the art later. Tis all about the story right?

Posted at

It's mixtures for me
My writing can be dynamite, But with great art behind it, It's truly a great comic, ya dig?

Posted at

Eh, kinda. A good story makes a good comic. Was Snafu less funny when Dave and Travis looked the same with diff colors? Or is the comic "better" cuz it looks prettier. You can take pride in the art, but you're not a better comic because of it. Cable and Deadpool doesn't have the same depth of real looking characters like the computer kind of thing alot of comics used now(Jim Lee?) but I like it alot more b/c I love the writing.

Posted at

Yeah, I see what you mean, but at this point, My point is that i need a artist, in the worst way.

Posted at

hrm
perhaps…
nah how would i keep everything clean?
and when would the work get done?

Posted at

That's the worst way to have your artist though. I think I'm scaring the artist away…maybe I'm bad luck?

Posted at

yeah..maybe..or maybe not
regardless, good things happened, so this thread is irrelevant now
_closed_

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.