Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Denny's 6 pound burger... would you dare try to eat it within 3 hours?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Just found this again on Snopes (a site about urban legends). I remember the offer being made a long while back, though. So far only one person has managed to do it. Would any of you even think of topping her time of 2 hours and 54 minutes?

I can imagine what my body would do if I tried it…

Brain: "Yeah! Go for it man!"
Heart: "Just try it! One bite out of that thing, and I'm just gonna quit!"

Correction on the title: The Denny's mentioned is a beer pub, not the national chain of food restaurants we all know of. :)

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Ugh. I know contests like this exist, but it seems like such a terrible idea. I wouldn't try. Also, aren't the rules of these things usually that if you finish it it's free, but if you don't it costs you, like, $50+?

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

The rules vary from place to place, but yes, generally, if you finish, it's free and you might win some cash or free food for a month. Otherwise, whatever it costs, if you don't finish, you pay for it, yes.

I just can't imagine myself entering one of these contests. I mean, sometimes the food looks delicious but the grease factor alone would make me sick. :dizzy:

Posted at

Hell yes I'd try it. The greasier the better in my opinion.

2 hours and 54 minutes? I'd do it in half an hour, a full hour at the most.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's funny how a couple of tiny little skinny people have the world eating championships…

Posted at

Haha, no way. lol! I can hardly finish a regular sized hamburger.

Posted at

I've entered a few eating contests, I won of course. I could eat a whole cow. Alive. And have room for pudding afterwards.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Once I entered in a contest that you had to eat a 5-pound burger, and a 2-pound side of fries. I didn't eat three days before it, and I actually ate all of it. Still got my picture on the wall for that.

Posted at

I used to wait tables in college at this place called Judge Beans and we had a five pound burger—lots of people you'd never expect could eat The Big Texan (as it was called.) Then again, I did see several families order it and eat it like a pizza.

Always reminds me of The Great Outdoors and the 'Ole 96er.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

It's funny how a couple of tiny little skinny people have the world eating championships…

When you think about it, it's better to be skinny when going into an eating contest. Having a lot of fat will actually keep your stomach from expanding enough to take in all that food…

And don't really skinny people have very high metabolisms? (Shaggy from the Scooby Doo cartoons, anyone?)

Dadia
Dadia
Posted at

It's like the world eating champion from Japan.
He's the bomb!

Posted at

you gotta use the diet coke. i've gone buffet hopping with some polynesian guys and man they swear by it. it's supposed to dissolve the food in your belly a bit, but dont drink too much or it takes up room.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

you gotta use the diet coke. i've gone buffet hopping with some polynesian guys and man they swear by it. it's supposed to dissolve the food in your belly a bit, but dont drink too much or it takes up room.
I don't know how good it is at dissolving food, but the artificial sweetener in it is much better than sugar at dissolving your teeth. ;)

Posted at

When you think about it, it's better to be skinny when going into an eating contest. Having a lot of fat will actually keep your stomach from expanding enough to take in all that food…

And don't really skinny people have very high metabolisms? (Shaggy from the Scooby Doo cartoons, anyone?)

I'm pretty good proof against those arguments, skinny people are inferior eaters.

Posted at

Actually, It's better to be skinny. The weight DOES keep your stomach from expanding properly. The problem is, you need to have a wicked high metabolism, or else be used to expanding your stomach beyond its normal limits. But, it's easier for a skinny person who has trained to get their stomach looser.

Now, that said, big people have more experience telling their stomach to stop complaining, or even ignoring the amount of food they've eaten. That is, Big folks who don't have a genetic reason for being pudgy.

I once ate a 3 pound burger, with fries and a small fruit salad. This was for my 21st birthday, and at the end, I had a lot of family and friends staring at me while I was getting the last few bites down.

…I really don't recommend eating those huge meals if you're inexperienced in overeating, or you'll puke like the guy in Supersize me after eating a quarterpounder with cheese.

Posted at

I'm thinking I would fast for a few days before trying it. And afterwards exercise my bum off.

Posted at

The Hamdog is worse.

Posted at

In St. Louis I went to go eat "the pointersaurus" at Pointer's Pizza. It's a 42 inch 8 pound pizza and if you and one other person can eat it in under two hours you get $500. My partner chickened out when they told us we had to get 3 meat toppings. Ah well I KNOW i coulda done it!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

My partner chickened out when they told us we had to get 3 meat toppings.

What a wuss.

drgngrl
drgngrl
Posted at

ah man ive seen that 6 pound burger, if i starved myself for a day i could prob finish it, but would prob throw it up too:D yeh tmi…. tht little oriental dude was somethin thou… he finished it in less than 3 hours! and hes smaller than 150!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

The Hamdog is worse.

Take the onion out, and I'd eat it. But then eat nothing but salad, and other healthy food for the next week.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

The thought of having the one six pound burger is nauseating… maybe if they seperated it?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.