celrena
Posted at

Maybe it's from all the alcohol?

I agree XD beer can give you a gut haha
But yea the picture does appear different o.O

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

His little friend behid him (is it a Quail?) seems to have gained more weight. They look friendlier, though.

Posted at

i kinda like the old svelt duck
he looks like a rebel and cooler

the new one is like a pudgy daffy duck

Posted at

OH. I apparently had the old image cached, I see the new one now. Yeah, he definitely gained some pudge, lol.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

i kinda like the old svelt duck
he looks like a rebel and cooler

the new one is like a pudgy daffy duck

The old one deffinatly looked drunker. Remember Howard the Duck?

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Ah, the price of success. Extra flab. That's what happened to Brando, too. ;)

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

teehee :3 he went crazy on the biscuits and butter :o

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Well, he does look a bit friendlier now. My friends actually don't read anything on DD specifically because of that old duck picture, so this might make them read stuff here.

Ok, actually, they don't read anything on DD specifically because the site is called Drunk Duck and sounds stupid, but oh well. That's not gonna change anytime soon, I don't think.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Well, he does look a bit friendlier now. My friends actually don't read anything on DD specifically because of that old duck picture, so this might make them read stuff here.

Ok, actually, they don't read anything on DD specifically because the site is called Drunk Duck and sounds stupid, but oh well. That's not gonna change anytime soon, I don't think.

Hm, are they edge? I have friends that checked out the site specifically BECAUSE of the promise of inebriated water fowl.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Hm, are they edge? I have friends that checked out the site specifically BECAUSE of the promise of inebriated water fowl.

Edge? What the hell is that?

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Edge? What the hell is that?

What I used to be. Hope admitting that doesn't win me any enemies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

Posted at

yer a punk!
i'm gonna send you death threats now!

actually, i like the punk inspired art though ^_^

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Sounds pretty gay. No, they're not like that. It's just that:

1) They thought the old duck looked ugly. They may say the same thing about the new duck.

2) More importantly, they think the site's name is stupid, and as such, will refuse to visit this site.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

a rose with any other name…

I already tried reason, sorry. :(

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

yer a punk!
i'm gonna send you death threats now!

actually, i like the punk inspired art though ^_^

I'm more worried about current edge kids. They don't look well on people who "used to be" edge. I guess it's pretty complicated to look at from the outside.

PS. Wouldn't call them gay, they tend to be very angry and get in a lot of fights.

Posted at

Sounds pretty gay. No, they're not like that. It's just that:

1) They thought the old duck looked ugly. They may say the same thing about the new duck.

2) More importantly, they think the site's name is stupid, and as such, will refuse to visit this site.

Your friends sound gay! I kid, I kid. But seriously. The old drunk duck was flippin' awesome looking. I wear my shirt with pride. This one just…isn't badass lookin' enough. I mean, I think it's a great drawing, but if I had to choose, I'd choose the edgy rebel duck with his quail sidekick over this new squishy one any day.

And the name drunk duck is great. I can't even fathom people thinking it would sound stupid. Why do they think it sounds stupid?

That straight edge lifestyle sounds hardcore too. I hold high respect for you, Alexis, for doing it.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

'Badass' can be synonymous with 'creepy', depending on how you take it. I was fine with the old DD design, though.

As for the name, my guess is that they think it doesn't sound professional. I mean, if you had never been to the site, you'd think that the name Drunk Duck was completely retarded.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.