Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Do you get pissed if no 1 post u?

memo333
memo333
Posted at

O…my page is so cool, but nobody post…it sucks or what?…

do I really need people post or hits..pagevies?.

or I do it because I enjoy it?

Any reason is good , just dont get cocky , just continue to advance and ur art will grow up like u, its cool to learn alone or from others, cya

Quacklin
Quacklin
Posted at

just tell me where and i'll go.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

When I see your post, and I see you can't speak in proper grammar to save your life, I assumed your comic would be either:

A: Garbage stick figures

or

B: Sprites

But I was wrong. You're a pretty good artist. The only problem I see is that you are posting in the wrong section. This should go in the "LOL! Look wat I DID!" section. Good luck getting more pageviews and fans and stuff!

Posted at

Best way to get comments, if you're fishing for them, is to find comics of a similar quality, style and/or theme or atmosphere to your own, read them and comment on them. This will firstly help you find good comics, and secondly most people will check out your comic in return if you comment on theirs.
Most people ignore the [plug] sunjects in the 'look what I did!' forum, so post a [plug][crit], since you'll get handy feedback too.
Putting a link banner in your sig works pretty well, and also having your avatar as something you drew yourself makes people want to check out your profile.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, what Darth said!
Just participate in the DD community by commenting and interatcing with other artists and they'll comment on your work. Post links, trade fan-art, spread yourself around! :)

Knuckles
Knuckles
Posted at

And I browsed through your comic, and I saw that many people made comments on it in the past. So what are you talking about 'no one comments on your comic?' You may not get a whole long list of comments like you may want like some of the more popular comics here on DD, but it's better than nothing, and at least you know that there are people still out there reading.

I think the long list of comments comes in time. You have a lot of pages in your comic, but I haven't seen you active on here before until you posted here. Make yourself seen and known and people will start to take notice.

And I will add that you -do- have a very nice comic, and as everyone said, use proper grammar, and people will take you more seriously and may stop and see what your comic is all about rather than automatically assuming it's some 'badly drawn comic' or sprite comic, as Rich said.

A banner in your sig is also helpful. Eye candy is the key! ^_^

Posted at

It's not a badly drawn comic but my God the grammar is horrible.

Back off guys, english is clearly his/her second language

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I used to keep up with Bruzela all the time, before I went on Hiatus.
A lot of people may read comics, but never comment. While everyone enjoys feedback, I think pageviews is the best way to know someones reading your pages. If it jumps like 25 page views suddenly, someone probably is going through your entire archive.

But like Everyone else said, in order to get people to comment on you, just participate in the community!

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

If you want people to comment, I suggest working on your language skills. If english is a second language, that's difficult. If it's not…well then you don't have an excuse. Still, if you're doing a comic in english knowing how to speak the language so that you can be understood is critical. Personally I couldn't understand your comic, so I wouldn't read it.

Why not do a comic in your native language?

Posted at

if you need help with polishing your dialogue, I would suggest finding a co-writer. On my first few comics I partnered with a writer cause it was hard for me to come up with good dialogue.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I read many comics on DrunkDuck, yet never comment on half of them.

Posted at

Back off guys, english is clearly his/her second language

Annnnd? No. If you choose to ask for comments you have to accept criticism. While english may well be his/her second language, he/she has chosen to communicate in english. However there are tools out there (and a community in here) that will help him/her get it right. Chances are he/she may simply ignore the criticism, if so no harm no foul, but if he/she doesn't then the comic may well improve and we will all be happier.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

thats ok. I understand. English isnt my first language too. 3 years ago when I first posted a comic here, everyone complained about my bad dialog.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) A common mistake of non-english speakers is word per word translation. So train yourself into THINKING IN ENGLISH. If you THINK in a language, that is what you're gonna throw out. Once I leave this forum and go to Filipino forums, I just turn off English mode and turn on Filipino mode. It takes constant practice to develop this skill. Soon you will be mistaken for somebody who was born in the West with your English… but at the same time, nobody will know you are from the West when you speak your native tongue.

2) There are also expressions that are funny or make sense in your language but when translated to English, it becomes crap.

3) Culture issues. Every culture has its own way of talking. Its one thing to learn the language, its another to absorb the culture. I learned English in the Philippines but when I first set foot in Canada, I found myself not being able to communicate properly. Some English words I learned arent used in everyday language.

Hope this helps.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Huh, I didn't know you were foreign, kyupol. Aside from slight laziness with not capitalizing certain words, you type better than many people on the web.

Posted at

Kyupol's a first-class example of someone that people didn't take to at first because of language. He worked hard at it and now no one can tell. :)

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

It pays to be a ninja.

Posted at

I'm always so very impressed when I find out someone's speaking English as their second language, but they're so good at it I had no idea!

Probably because I'm terrible at learning other languages. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.