Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Do you put stuff in your instant ramen noodles?

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

Instant ramen noodles seem kinda boring when cooked. Nothing but noodles and the soup base. So I add stuff to it. Chopped onion shoots, boiled egg slices, and maybe a few slices of SPAM, bacon bits, or even strips of bacon itself. I'm probably grossing people out with this stuff.

Do you put stuff in your instant noodles to make them more… interesting… to eat? :)

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Pepper, powdered garlic, Hotsauce, chopped chicken, corn, shredded carrots, yes onions, and some of this "complete seasoning" stuff in a green bottle. Since the corn and carrots don't come in the packaged ramen and only in the cup, I gotta add it myself.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I like to add bits of celery, lettuce, and/or carrots sometimes – especially to the spicy flavors.

Also, I never drink the broth. I always drain the noodles. I'm weird.

Posted at

when I wasn't a veggiemuncher, I used to put in left over bits of chicken. Oh man that was so yumtastic.

Posted at

No… The only time I eat ramen noodles is when I'm too poor to afford any other food, so I generally have nothing to chop up and put in them, lol.

Posted at

Oooo, I love two packages of cooked Ramen, a bag of premade coleslaw, a couple of cooked shreaded chicked breasts and some bean sprouts and mushrooms if I have them. Drench in Soy Sauce…So yummy.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Instant ramen noodles seem kinda boring when cooked. Nothing but noodles and the soup base. So I add stuff to it. Chopped onion shoots, boiled egg slices, and maybe a few slices of SPAM, bacon bits, or even strips of bacon itself. I'm probably grossing people out with this stuff.

Dang I shouldnt have clicked this thread… You're making me hungry!!! :(

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

When I eat ramen I usually don't want to put in a lot of effort, so I do something easy. I usually put in some frozen peas and canned corn.

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

I add a raw egg to it when the noodles are boiling and I mix it in. Sliced ham is also a yummy ingredient. :P

mlai
mlai
Posted at

In combinations based on availability and the flavor of the soup base:

1. Fresh eggs
2. Fresh veggies - lettuce, romaine lettuce, bok, mustard green, parsley, broccoli, cucumbers, spinach, green/red peppers, cabbage, collards, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes.
3. Meat - chicken, beef, pork.
4. Seafood - shrimp, scuttlefish, fish.

My ramen bowl is usually 70% fresh broiled stuff + 30% ramen, because I put so much of the veggies and meat into the pot. The soup is often green.

ShinGen
ShinGen
Posted at

Blood of the innocent. Give it that sweet "I'm an axe murderer" taste.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Ooh! Green onions and potatoes in ramen are AWESOME. Whenever I don't have any money I just nerd out on that stuff. Somehow, it actually makes ramen more manly.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Hot water?

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Yeah, it really makes stretching the budget a bit more bearable to add some flavors and such to ramen noodles. Personally, I buy budget ground beef, which is terrible as a burger patty, but works fine for frying up, chopping into pieces, and mixing with ramen. Be sure to let it soak for a bit to help lessen its rubbery texture, though…

Dan
Dan
Posted at

I shove in whatever that seem reasonable.
-SPAM
-Sausage
-Fish Cake
-Rice Cake
-Green onions
-Onions
-raw eggs (x2 usually)
-Dumplings (if available)
-canned tuna (rarely)
-shrimps

I started to add these when I was around 11. My ramen can put any other ramens in Asian restaurants to complete shame.

Hm, maybe I should consider adding soft tofu in it as well.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

@ Sarah:

You've never put eggs into ramen?? That's like the oldest ramen trick in the book.

Take a raw egg (or 2) out of the carton. Crack it. Open it over the boiling pot. Cook it for no more than 1 minute (put it in near the end of cooking the ramen).

giadrosich
giadrosich
Posted at

Some of my favorite things to add are chopped ham or turkey. For a little bit of zest, crushed red peppers (the pizza topping) is pretty good, too!

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

@ Sarah:

You've never put eggs into ramen?? That's like the oldest ramen trick in the book.

Take a raw egg (or 2) out of the carton. Crack it. Open it over the boiling pot. Cook it for no more than 1 minute (put it in near the end of cooking the ramen).
I've never put anything in ramen. XP Thanks, I may give that a try.

Posted at

I like putting chicken and bits of fried egg in mine.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Ugh! No fried eggs! Xp

Dad taught me that's disgusting!

Just crack the yolk into the boiling pot! xD

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.