Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

do you read posts wiht speling erors in the subject line?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

I hope they do. I leave spelling errors in my Thrend titles. (On purpose)

Also, herio can find some cool stuff, dispite his spelling.

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

haha well i'm reading this one aren't I ? :D

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Generally I don't since those threads are probably made by people who can't type coherently.

Posted at

Yes.

In fact, the more spelling errors there are, the more likely I am to click on it, because the contents are usually hilarious.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Hey, um… sorry to say but you misspelled both "spelling", "with", and "errors."

Try to be more careful next time. Many people avoid threads with words misspelled in titles. To be fair, threads with misspelled titles usually make the forum look bad.

>_>

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Actually, I usually do… Only because I skim titles more than read them and, as such, I never really notice the errors until later. XD

ShinGen
ShinGen
Posted at

*points at the thread title.*

What do you think?

Idk. If there's something interesting to be said I usually do. The spelling isn't as important to me as the topic in general.

thecaptain
thecaptain
Posted at

Well, Technically the human brain can automatically decipher simple spelling errors like the one in the title, relatively easy.. I think it goes something like this:
Your brain looks at the first and last letter in a word, and if they are in the right place will have no problem reading that word, no matter how out of place the rest of letter in the word are..

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Normally I don't care I just focus on the message being made.
If it's bad enough that I can't read it, then I have problem with it and choose not to read it again.

ShinGen
ShinGen
Posted at

Well, Technically the human brain can automatically decipher simple spelling errors like the one in the title, relatively easy.. I think it goes something like this:
Your brain looks at the first and last letter in a word, and if they are in the right place will have no problem reading that word, no matter how out of place the rest of letter in the word are..

So does that mean I'm abnormally smart or that my brain is just that slow?

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

I get annoyed because it makes the place look untidy, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm the kinda guy who tells someone else to remake the thread because they spelled it wrong.

Posted at

If despite the spelling the title is intriguing, absolutely ;)

Posted at

eetmpaxorounes

ok guys, what word is that?
hahaha. haha. heh.

…and if anyone gets it, you get a gold star.

(here's a hint, two of its synonyms are "impromptu" or "improvised".)

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

Its a knon fact tht humans can deciper mesags that are mssing just a few ltters. We don red the entire wrd. Or so I thnk…

Posted at

I get annoyed because it makes the place look untidy, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm the kinda guy who tells someone else to remake the thread because they spelled it wrong.
I believe you mean "kind of guy."

lol bek u silly

Posted at

I do read ones with spelling mistakes, mostly because; A. i have nothing better to do and B. I'm dyslexic myself so i can't spell most words (thank god for the spell check on Firefox)

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

I do read them because I know nobody's perfect. Secondly, English is not my primary language.

Masq
Masq
Posted at

I just did. Crud.
Well, never mind the title. If I see a click on what looks like a good subject line and I see:

"woot we'll chenge the wurlde lez do this cmon ppl LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!"

THEN I get generally upset, because run-on sentances with no punctuation at all make me mad.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

I read them to laugh at people.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.