Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Do you want your artwork to appear in a movie?

arteestx
arteestx
Posted at

This is not a joke, a hoax, an urban legend, a conspiracy plot, corporate layoff, or government bailout. This is the real deal.

I've been doing some artwork for the upcoming movie, Thong Girl 4: The Body Electric. The director has an idea for the opening credits where various illustrations of Thong Girl flip through the logo and are used throughout the credits. He has several illustrations, but they are all from just two artists. So I told him that if we wanted more variety of illustration styles, then we should elicit submissions from the Drunk Duck community.

I have included various images for reference. The main actress is Alex del Monacco, if you want to find other images of her. This is NOT a paying gig, and any illustrations you submit become the property of Lucky Louie Productions to use as they see fit. But if your illustration is used, then your name will appear in the credits and you can brag about it to your friends before you tell them how you have become a Hollywood creator that can no longer lower yourself to hang out with them.

What should you draw? You all have seen this sort of montage at the beginning of comic book movies, you know the kinds of things they show. Nothing lude or nasty, just straight up images of Thong Girl. Any style, illustrated or 3D computer. Make up a villain for her to fight, make up a pose for her, sky's the limit. Just be sure it's color and high-resolution (at least 300 dpi). Any illustrations you have, please send to arteestx@yahoo.com. And thank you in advance for your time and submissions.

References:

segludian
segludian
Posted at

Hi, I was thinking of making a submission for you, however I had a question about the licensing. Would it be acceptable to license something under a Creative Commons license instead of handing over the copyright to Lucky Louie Productions. The Attribution 3.0 United States license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/) is the one I was thinking of using. It would let you sell/remix the picture as long as the attribution remains in place. It sounds like that is about what you were going to do with the picture anyway. If it is too much hassle I understand, I just don't usually give away the copyright on my work unless it is work for hire.

arteestx
arteestx
Posted at

Would it be acceptable to license something under a Creative Commons license instead of handing over the copyright to Lucky Louie Productions.
Sorry for the late response, I got backed up over Thanksgiving. You would certainly be attributed, although it's part of an intro-credit montage, so your attribution would appear in the final credits, not along side the picture. But you would certainly be given credit. If that's your concern, then yes. As for "retaining the copyright," my understanding is that copyright refers to characters and concepts. So the copyright of Thong Girl will always remain with Lucky Louie. In this case, I think he expects that the illustration would become his property, but if you want an assurance of attribution to be part of that understanding, then I can ask him.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.