Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Current Jam:
Dinosaur Jam Sign Ups

How it works:

Essentially, it's a moderated public comic account. And the structure will vary. Sometimes we'll have a set order in which comics are churned out and posted, or do a free for all.

Usually there will be a theme, and I will select someone to start, and someone to end, then we'll let the jam run it's course, until a story is told or the theme just gets tired.

Original Post/Concept:

I've created an account for the official Drunk Duck comic jam, which hopefully we'll be able to begin soon.

This thread is a quick heads up to see who is interested, also, I'd like to see who I will be adding as mods, so once the system is ready, I won't be the only one running the show.

Ideally, what will happen is I will begin a jam concept, everyone will know what the theme or concept is, and if you want in, let me know, and I will add you to the comic's account, that way you can update on your own.

I will begin coming up with rules and turn structure eventually, and you are entirely welcome to help in the conceptualization of it all.

Right now I'm more interested in seeing who is wanting to contribute, and scope out any possible mods.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

hmm, pretty interesting stuff, im in. not sure on being a mod though

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I've already selected one mod. Depending on how many people are involved we'll need more.

But, now is time for jam sign ups.

So, what I'm going to do is compile a list of people who are involved, and when the time comes, add them as assistants to the account.

So, sign up by posting in this thread, and I'll add you to the list, and we'll get going. Be sure to include your username for the actual DD account you own.

I'll announce our first theme later.

vidiot
vidiot
Posted at

opps forgot to log on!!
that post above was me!!

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Also, I need to be sure you guys post your username for the DD accounts.

That way I can add you as assistants later.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

Yeah, I might join. Not really sure what i have to do though

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I added some stuff on what we'll be doing in the first post of this thread.

So far, I am leaning towards the idea of a set order at first, where if you sign up, it's the order you need to go in for the jam.

I'll have a theme or starter page up shortly, we just need to get more people to sign up.

wiccanhot
wiccanhot
Posted at

I want to join. My username is wiccanhot.

Posted at

I'll make the couple.

I GUESS I'LL DO IT

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

We'll go ahead and start this up even though multiple assistants aren't ready yet.

When I wake up from my power nap (I've not slept in over a day) I'll start a page.

I'll post it within this thread. You shall do the same.

Then, we'll move in post order, try to have something done within a day, if you need to be moved up/down the list, ask, and I'll make it so. Try to avoid the random in this case, and attempt a serious progression of a story.

Once all of us go, we can either come up with a new post order, or just repeat, unless we're tired of this story and wish to move onto another.

So, first page comes later, unless someone wishes to whip one out now.

JAM TIME BEGINS SOON

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

cool, can't wait to see how this one would turn out

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

note to self: login before making a post

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Bad news folks, I am unable to participate because I LACK THE INTERNET.

So, we can wait for me, or you guys just go on your own until I get back.

Sorry. D:

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

i can wait, no really

besides, maybe we can get more people to sign up in the mean time

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

its not a drawing contest, its about jammin and having fun and having something to do and getting practice and having a great excuse for not updating your account. Or in my case, for not reviving one.

ryclaude
ryclaude
Posted at

Wish I could say I can take part in this, but currently swamped.

Instead I'm just gonna tell you I'm excited to see how this goes.

wolfgang
wolfgang
Posted at

hey, can i still join or is it too late?

Posted at

I'm up for it.

WakeUpCorrigan is my actual DD account.

wolfgang
wolfgang
Posted at

:( even though i really want to do it, i cant. school just started for me again and this year i really got a heap of stuff to do everyday, i barely got time to draw my own comic. :(

Cookie
Cookie
Posted at

I'm swamped, but how could I resist a jam? Honestly. Though I probably won't be able to contribute often. There's no rule for how often you oughta participate, right?

If we're talking about a page every once in a while, I'm interested. It kinda depends on the theme. If it's something that interests me, I'll probably put a lot of effort into it, if not, less so.

My username is the same as the forum name, except with only small letters.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.