Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Does anyone know if drawing ink can be ordered wholesale?

sandy
sandy
Posted at

I'm spending quite a bit of money, buying the tiny bottles of Higgins India Ink and I'd rather not give up the traditional pen and ink because I like the feel of the dip pen and the fact that it's far more easy to clean than a rapidigraph. I was wondering if there were places that sold the ink in bulk so that way I can save a few dollars and just refill my little ink bottle when it runs out, rather than spending the money to buy them.

Is there such thing as buying art supplies by wholesale?

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

I think it might be best if you don't get in bulk, because inks can go bad(sometimes dry up or get watery) after a few months if you don't use it all. Unless you really use up all that ink in that time period…

isukun
isukun
Posted at

Although similar in some respects, a tablet and Photoshop isn't the same as using a pen and ink. I actually find Illustrator to be a better program for digital lineart, but even that isn't the same as pen and ink.

.: isukun :.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Although similar in some respects, a tablet and Photoshop isn't the same as using a pen and ink. I actually find Illustrator to be a better program for digital lineart, but even that isn't the same as pen and ink.

I agree with you and that's why I have not really done my inking with digital media. The only thing I do digital are the tones, text bubbles and page numbers but that's about it. There's just something I'd miss about using the classic media. The lines are far more fluid, and organic and there's nothing that can rival that.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.