Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Does it have a virus? MobiDVD

Posted at

I downloaded MobiDVD which is freeware that burns dvd to ipod. It works great, but I'm not sure if it's safe. How do I find out if a program is safe or not? I found a bunch of viruses on the computer, but I'm not sure if it came from this program or not.

Posted at

I always turn to Google for stuff like that. After a quick check, I can't find anything that says it's embedded with any malware or viruses (that doesn't mean that it's safe though), but some sites classify the program itself as adware because it displays Amazon banners, which means it's sending cookie information to an ad server somewhere in order to give you back relevant Amazon ads.

A good way to find out where viruses came from is to look them up in google. You'll usually turn up a site like castlecops which will tell you whether programs or files are safe, and if not, where you probably got them from (and how to remove them).

You should download and install lavasoft's ad-aware and spybot's search and destroy (both free)… AVG has a great, free virus protection program too. If you run those periodically you'll have a nice clean computer. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.