Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Does your state/country have any werid Alien/UFO stories?

Posted at

My state, North Dakota is basically one of the states that's pretty much UFO central.

doesn't help that there's a rumored third military base that's underground where they hold stuff from outer-space. :p and of course we already have two actual bases, as well as a dozen forts.

ND has it own share of weird stuff going on often… crop circles, flashing lights, that sort of thing. oh, and those aliens go after pigs instead of cows.
http://ironghost.wordpress.com/2006/10/30/pig-grabbing-aliens-in-north-dakota/

another sighting…
http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/usa/050901.shtml

basically there's a dozen stories like that out there.

it's become something of a running joke amongst ND locals that we even opened restaurant chains called Space aliens:

(that's not me in the picture, by the way)

so does your state has any weird stories like that, or is it just normal?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

New Jersey has the North Plainfield sighting from a few years back. I missed observing this one because it was my night off.

http://www.mysticaluniverse.com/ufos_aliens/ufosightings/newjersey/newjersey.html

Cateret

http://www.rense.com/general11/joisie.htm

It's the home of the guys who perpetrated a UFO hoax to prove how easily people are fooled.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-13/123873216749290.xml&coll=1

Asbury Park gets biazare patterns made in the sand and others sighted just off shore under water. (It's the Public works combing the beach sand daily)

Then there are the bright lights that are perfect UFO sightings but are only local Police helicopters. I saw one and thought I had a sighting, then looked closer after it "shot off and disappeared" and saw the dimmed helicopter running lights in profile. There are tons of sightings around Lakehurst NAS, McGuire AFB, Fort Dix and Picatinny Arsenal and Earle NWS. I see a helicopter conducting night flying training and others see the mother ship. And Venus has been very bright lately.

New Jersey like everywhere else has no shortage of ignorant, gullible people but a definite shortage of informed observers and investigators.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I'm not sure if this counts as a UFO story, but I live not too far from where something called the Bray Road Beast supposedly resides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Bray_Road

There's also a place called the Burlington UFO and Paranormal Research and Education Center near where I live that investigates this sort of thing. It may not be a weird UFO story, but their website design was considered one of the worst of 2008 according to webpagesthatsuck.com, so that's something famous.

http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/worst-web-sites-of-2008-old-school.html

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

It's the home of the guys who perpetrated a UFO hoax to prove how easily people are fooled.

oh.you mean this one?

altprom
altprom
Posted at

Oregon. Known to supposively be the home of Sasquatch. And… I think that's it.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

oh.you mean this one?

No that one takes place in New Jersey but was actually broadcast from NYC. And we all know it was actually a cover-up for the invasion of the Lectroids from Planet Ten in the 8th Dimension.

Segue into: Buckaroo Banzai http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086856/ takes place in New Jersey which is also home of Yoyodyne Propulsion systems that one day will build NCC-1701-D USS Enterprise. Michael Okuda who designed a lot of the signs and such for ST:TNG was a Buckaroo Banzai fan.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

oh.you mean this one?

No that one takes place in New Jersey but was actually broadcast from NYC. And we all know it was actually a cover-up for the invasion of the Lectroids from Planet Ten in the 8th Dimension.

Segue into: Buckaroo Banzai http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086856/ takes place in New Jersey which is also home of Yoyodyne Propulsion systems that one day will build NCC-1701-D USS Enterprise. Michael Okuda who designed a lot of the signs and such for ST:TNG was a Buckaroo Banzai fan.

well yeah, it was a NYC broadcast but it was nj who called their militia to the 'crash site' in some small town nj, and people were fleeing their homes in mass panic… and that movie was horrible.

Posted at

I live in Massachusetts, and we don't have much in the way of UFO sightings. We usually hear things about ghosts, demonic possessions, and magical hexes.

We do things old school, unlike you new-fangled alien abduction whippersnappers.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

oh.you mean this one?

well yeah, it was a NYC broadcast but it was nj who called their militia to the 'crash site' in some small town nj, and people were fleeing their homes in mass panic… and that movie was horrible.

Grovers Mill NJ. People who lived there knew it wasn't happening. In fact the New Jersey State Police took care of the panic quickly. It was outside of NJ that had the real panic because it wasn't in their backyard. Some local water towers though still have bullet holes see Weird NJ.

Buckaroo banzai the real joy of watching it is knowing that the New Brunswick police station in the movie is actually the studio cafeteria because you've been to the real NBPD station and it looks nothing like that.

Posted at

Well, i live in new Mexico, so it's a no brainier, UFO-land is just some miles(three hours) away from my home.

but south of here it's been said that weird things happen, people say Ufos and extraterrestrials hide in the caves and mountains of chihuahua. in the 70's there was a case covered by the media about how some elementary schoolers from a small town saw a few "white little men" gathering rocks from the school yard, the kids were frightened and ran, but some of them stayed and started throwing rocks at them. then the little men stroke back at the kids who ran away helplessly.

the children were still weeping as they told their teacher about what happened, she scolded them for being such liars, the classes went as usual after the event, but after the classroom was cleared and the teacher was closing the locks ready to leave, she looked at the schoolyard and saw a group of children forming a human pyramid, she immediately walked to them to get them out of school, but as soon as she got close to them she noticed those weren't children, but small man-like creatures of white skin wearing no clothes, she screamed and ran away, when she arrived home she called the police, who started an investigation, the children who saw the creatures and the teacher were taken to the police station where they interrogated each of them separately, they all drew a picture of the beings, and when the investigators checked for their pictures and declaraions, they all fit.

they also say some years ago (like nine)a ufo crashed in Samalayuca (a desert in the mexican border) and for the following days the US. military bought Huge quantities of sand from the mexican goverment and brought the sand in trucks to the usa. (there are records of the tens of trucks that crossed the border carrying "Unsorted material" which weirdly wasn't inspected by any mexican or american agent at the border.

And everyone here saw a Triangle in the sky at 5:00 P.M (in summer) in 1997, the u.s. claimed it was an experimental balloon.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i was at my grandma's visiting in wisconsin and she told me about some light she sees that's stays in one spot for a while, then zooms off really fucking fast. then i visited my other grandma in wi, and she was th same thing numerous times as well. so low n behold i went back to my other rgandma's house one night and it was there! looked at it through the binoculars and it was still hard to make out, but seemed to have some kinda spire or light sticking off the top. i figured if i was watching em, they were watching me so i flicked em off! i was getting ready to moon em too, but then i figured that'd be the first place they'd wanna stick a fuckin probe, so i changed my mind. i looked up some reports around the area and alot of people seem to see these things.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I find the whole UFO thing a bit disappointing.

In centuries past people seeing strange lights in the sky would've talked about heavenly or magical visions, faeries, gods, divine inspiration or demonic visitation- something fun and amazingly fantastical, mystical or spiritual.
And just plain groovy!

..but now it's all "aliens" this and "greys" that… It's a bit tawdry and sad. It's like going from a beautifully wood panelled, richly furnished study with a high vaulted ceiling and an air of majesty and trading it all in for a low roofed airless, stuffy backyard shed with fake wood wallpaper on the walls, a thin dirty old carpet on the floor, with a stink of ingrained cigarette smoke, old dog and boiled cabbage. :(

The beliefs are no more sophisticated or worldly. Weather it's aliens or angels the beliefs and attendant mythology are full of fiction and naivete, it's just that one is so much more glorious than the other.

Posted at

I find the whole UFO thing a bit disappointing.

In centuries past people seeing strange lights in the sky would've talked about heavenly or magical visions, faeries, gods, divine inspiration or demonic visitation- something fun and amazingly fantastical, mystical or spiritual.
And just plain groovy!

..but now it's all "aliens" this and "greys" that… It's a bit tawdry and sad. It's like going from a beautifully wood panelled, richly furnished study with a high vaulted ceiling and an air of majesty and trading it all in for a low roofed airless, stuffy backyard shed with fake wood wallpaper on the walls, a thin dirty old carpet on the floor, with a stink of ingrained cigarette smoke, old dog and boiled cabbage. :(

The beliefs are no more sophisticated or worldly. Weather it's aliens or angels the beliefs and attendant mythology are full of fiction and naivete, it's just that one is so much more glorious than the other.

yeah i understand what you say, like the old succubi or fair folk tales, now they're all about anal probing grey men …

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

yeah i understand what you say, like the old succubi or fair folk tales, now they're all about anal probing grey men …
Yeah!
That's it exactly! :)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

UFO's can all be identified, by this official chart, that i got at work, here:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.